Got My Feet Wet Now It's Time To Dive In

ty don they have been the easyest grow so far

Looking great fish! I think it's funny how critical sensi star is 90/10 indica/sativa but the leaves look purely sativa, the short bushiness though is definitely indica. To bad you can't do the SCROG but oh well it will still turn out nicely... I would do sort of an LST lollipop though if I were you.. Spread out the arms a little with some light training and then strip off the lower scraggly bs and you'll just be left with nice fat buds at the top of each arm.. Of course only a suggestion, I've just seen great success with that method... Pretty much SCROGing without the screen..

Plants are looking really good. The Sensi Star looks like it is at least 15 inches tall. They are going fill out nicely in 12/12.
:goodjob:

actualy the tallest one is the ak48 but you hit it almost exact 16" AND THE CSS IS 10" TALL i CANT GET MY CAPTIONS PROPER WITH MY PICS
Plants are looking really good. The Sensi Star looks like it is at least 15 inches tall. They are going fill out nicely in 12/12.
:goodjob:

thank you very mush OMM they are growing like weeds gonna have to get the machete out again soon and blaze me a trail.
try and finish the Hoops saga today or maybe tomarrow:circle-of-love:
Hey fish cake !:bravo:

You do have green thumbs after all. Those girls are looking great my Friend!:yummy:

actualy the tallest one is the ak48 but you hit it almost exact 16" AND THE CSS IS 10" TALL i CANT GET MY CAPTIONS PROPER WITH MY PICS

Great Job! Great timing for 12/12!
:bravo:
I used to have the same problem posting photos. What is happening is you are downloading the photo on the same line as your writing. What I do is write my caption. Hit the return button and make sure the cursor is on a separate line. Then I hit the photo entry icon. I hope this helps. Great photos. Look forward to hear your story about sexy pinball playing Hoops!
:circle-of-love:

thanks I'll try that with next weeks pics. and I will get back to hoops soon:thanks:
Great Job! Great timing for 12/12!
:bravo:
I used to have the same problem posting photos. What is happening is you are downloading the photo on the same line as your writing. What I do is write my caption. Hit the return button and make sure the cursor is on a separate line. Then I hit the photo entry icon. I hope this helps. Great photos. Look forward to hear your story about sexy pinball playing Hoops!
:circle-of-love:

Re: got my feet wet now its time to dive in

00th thingNot an expert but...

Only been a member for 5 minutes and my first BIG lesson has wbeen 'I've never cropped a finished plant', those pistals look very blond, check and recheck with your scope, shame after all the hard work to come second.

And the 100th thing was how to spell Pistils.

Gorgeous looking meds!
Yah they look like they could do with a few more weeks, I never harvest until they start browning, its also where I got this from :

"Once there brown, There going down..."

still looking very nice :D

Re: got my feet wet now its time to dive in

wlcome Thy if its what I think your talking about..well sir thats almost gone now. but I thank you for your for your suggestion and will listen to more. I did end up getting almost 3oz of some pretty good smoke and my new grow is going to be even better! any and all help is welcome and if there is anything that I can help you with well feel free to ask:allgood:
Yah they look like they could do with a few more weeks, I never harvest until they start browning, its also where I got this from :

"Once there brown, There going down..."

still looking very nice :D

you cant always go on the way the pistils looks, its the trichomes you need to check, use magnifier for microscope to check the trichomes on the leaves and buds, when its ready they will all be cloudy and no clear ones, if you wanted more of a couch lock affect then let the trichomes start to fall and turn amber, the more ember trichs you have the more of a couch lock you will get, but the time the plant is ready is when its cloudy, it all depends on what you want, more of a couch lock affect then harvest when the trichs are turning amber, i choose to harvest when the trichs are between 10% and 30% amber as i wanted my last strain as a night time smoke

hey don shore you right and grats on the nomanie for motm:) you may just get my vote!:cheer:

i do what i can to help, and if i can pass on some info that helps other growers out then that makes it all worth it, i never knew much before joining this site, now i have learned so much and it is great that i can pass on and give others help and advice, plus this site is about the only place i can talk about these plants so i like to check in on other grows, so thanks for the kind words,

well don you are always welcome here! feel free to stop anytime you wish! even if its just to talk about your grow brother. I'am all over the place here so I'am not sure if I get to visit everyone I want to.:high-five:

you cant always go on the way the pistils looks, its the trichomes you need to check, use magnifier for microscope to check the trichomes on the leaves and buds, when its ready they will all be cloudy and no clear ones, if you wanted more of a couch lock affect then let the trichomes start to fall and turn amber, the more ember trichs you have the more of a couch lock you will get, but the time the plant is ready is when its cloudy, it all depends on what you want, more of a couch lock affect then harvest when the trichs are turning amber, i choose to harvest when the trichs are between 10% and 30% amber as i wanted my last strain as a night time smoke

I have only ever grown the widow, from her she usually ripens that exact couch lock effect when the pistols turn a darkish orange / brown, by that time all of the trichomes are cloudy.

Maybe I shall have to expend my seed collection more and then attempt to give better advice lol

@fish cake

yah I might have not looked at how many posts / pages there was sorry lol, but from the looks of it you had a nice buzz, I know the feeling of taking them down early but I had no choice, what happened with me was I got a bad feeling, something just did not feel right (flowering 8, just 2 days into flushing) so i destroyed my larger grow room and lo and behold the police knocked on my door at 5am ( allready smoked a large some of it during the night while programming) the rest (just over 8oz worth) I hid in 4 zip lock bags + vacume sealed it and duck taped each 4oz all hidden in plant pots i had out side, they took just under a gram I had left, to my surprise even the sniffer dogs didn't smell the plant pots out lol

got fined £50 for 0.6g of bud (still havent payed to this date lols)
anyway ima have a look through the rest now and see what else you have been up to :D

thanks a lot mate, im the same, i check in on loads of journals, it takes ages to go through them all, but i just about do it, its the only place i can talk about these plants so it gives me the chance to talk about something i enjoy doing, i got to admit it takes up loads of time been on here and their has been plenty of times when im still on here at 4am, but im normally up with insomnia so it keeps my mind busy and keeps it in the right place, every day their are new journals coming out, i check in and see how they are getting on, if they are doing ok then i leave it but if i find someone that is struggling or is just starting out then i like to give them help and advice, i have even donated lights, light fittings and seeds to another grower, problem is they never updated their journal after i sent the items, and ive not heard from them since, im just hoping that what i sent helped them out and that they really did need them,
thanks a lot fish cake,

@thy please do check out the other pages. I feel comfotable about my prowess but I will always be open to advice:) not one person knows everything, but together we know alot:thumb: @ don you do provide a lt of help to the :420: comunity and I will always exsept anyones advice. stay in touch:bravo:

thanks fish cake,

@ThySaint, sounds like you got a 6th sense, they must of been tipped off or something, but you got clued up and had it sorted and they didnt even find it, makes you laugh, im so amazed the dog never sniffed it out, chances are they could smell it everywhere so probably never checked as good,

when i grew last time it was like 9 years ago, now all anyone did to know when to harvest was look at the pistils, when they had all turned brown/orange and started to wilt back into the bud we knew it was time to harvest, but now everyone uses microscopes and checks the trichs, this is all new to me as well, i used this method for the last plants i harvested, im trying to find the best point to harvest, so is it best to harvest when they are all cloudy or 10%amber or 50%amber, i am going to harvest at 3 different times with the same plant this time, im going to harvest when the trichs are all cloudy, then when a few are amber and the rest when its over 50% amber and wilted trichs, so then i can find out what i like best.
i never realised how technical growing became, but ive learned so much and its making each grow better and better, so all been well each grow i do will be better than the last, thats my plan anyway

Back
Top Bottom