Guyz vs Galz Grow Off

If this works out to be as much fun as I think it will, maybe it can be an annual or semi-annual battle of the sexes. LOL
Whaddya think @Olddog Newtrick ?
Oh and also on this thought, we gotta keep in mind, this is the beta so, a recurring competition would only get better each time.

Yeah, for sure!
And if more people want in, as long as the teams stay even I’m good with that too!
As far as organizing a cohesive final posting, i certainly don’t mind doing it but, let’s face it, I’m nowhere near as eloquent and gathered as you are.
I’m loving this, what started as a passing “that would be cool” thought is fleshing out to be an awesome thing! All thanks to the participants spit balling ideas.. I’m excited!
So many ideas in my head and I open this thread and y’all have already posted and commented on em.. you all rock!
Thanks for that compliment my friend. ;-)

I can do the write-up for the introduction post, no problem. I'll do that when everyone has their decision on what strain and sponsor, and fairly basic details on how they are growing. Just like they would do in their own journal first post. Medium, lighting, nutes, containers, etc.

Strain details can be included in each persons' first post to the journal.

The draft will be posted here for everyone's review and proposed changes or additions.

THEN, we have to decide who will actually create the journal.
Preferably one of you that the general population here is familiar with. Someone new to the arena, like myself having come back from a few years away, who the members aren't familiar with enough yet, won't attract as many followers as a well known grower.

Above all, we need to keep things uncomplicated. If we start throwing too many things in here, it will have an impact on our enthusiasm and confuse our viewers.

I will be away from home later this morning and most of the day today, so I will check in this evening after I return.

Keep up the dialogue, as we get those ideas worked out it will make things even more fun!

I can do the write-up for the introduction post, no problem. I'll do that when everyone has their decision on what strain and sponsor, and fairly basic details on how they are growing. Just like they would do in their own journal first post. Medium, lighting, nutes, containers, etc.

The draft will be posted here for everyone's review and proposed changes or additions.

Preferably one of you that the general population here is familiar with. Someone new to the arena, like myself having come back from a few years away, who the members aren't familiar with enough yet, won't attract as many followers as a well known grower.

Above all, we need to keep things uncomplicated. If we start throwing too many things in here, it will have an impact on our enthusiasm and confuse our viewers.

I will be away from home later this morning and most of the day today, so I will check in this evening after I return.

Keep up the dialogue, as we get those ideas worked out it will make things even more fun!
I have no issue the posting the journal, or anything else for that matter. Let me know what you need!

I agree with every bit of that and I think we’ve done great keeping it simple. With no actual prize other than bragging rights, it will keep it light and most of all fun!
I’ll be off and on today myself. Gotta do another stint in trim jail….

Ok we need to discuss team uniforms so, again, to keep it simple, we can do shirts and skins…

Good Morning Teams!
Having brain time over my cuppa this morning. Surprisingly it still works after a full day driving up-state with my Mother yesterday.
I love her, but that woman can talk for hours without ever taking a breath. LOL

Here's another thought on the intro post of the grow show journal:

After the intro of what the grow show is about, each team member can have a basic short write up ready about their grow details, like you would when starting a new journal. We should add links to key words like sponsor name and strain name so viewers can just click on it for more info.

That way it's all ready immediately on the first page, not scattered between other posts. Everyone will have an easy reference point without searching through posts to find out what your strain or methods are about.

Can everyone do that?
Your Name
Sponsor
Breeder
Strain
photo/auto
Medium
indoor/outdoor
Etc.

So shirts and skins..... Not shirts and skirts 🤔... Ladies get all the fun 😩😅.

Good Morning Teams!
Having brain time over my cuppa this morning. Surprisingly it still works after a full day driving up-state with my Mother yesterday.
I love her, but that woman can talk for hours without ever taking a breath. LOL

Here's another thought on the intro post of the grow show journal:

After the intro of what the grow show is about, each team member can have a basic short write up ready about their grow details, like you would when starting a new journal. We should add links to key words like sponsor name and strain name so viewers can just click on it for more info.

That way it's all ready immediately on the first page, not scattered between other posts. Everyone will have an easy reference point without searching through posts to find out what your strain or methods are about.

Can everyone do that?
Your Name
Sponsor
Breeder
Strain
photo/auto
Medium
indoor/outdoor
Etc.
And that seems like a good idea to have all the info on the very first post.

I'll start working on the guys logo if that's ok with the gentleman!? And I know the lady's side has multiple artists 🙂↔️

So shirts and skins..... Not shirts and skirts 🤔... Ladies get all the fun 😩😅.

And that seems like a good idea to have all the info on the very first post.

I'll start working on the guys logo if that's ok with the gentleman!? And I know the lady's side has multiple artists 🙂↔️
Team Logo? We don't have a team logo.....guess we need to start thinking on that now. I have an idea....but that's all it is at the moment. Girlz?
:battingeyelashes:

Team Logo? We don't have a team logo.....guess we need to start thinking on that now. I have an idea....but that's all it is at the moment. Girlz?
:battingeyelashes:
Not necessary 😂 but I like drawing so figure I can make something....but if not wanting to add bells and whistles to the grow, I completely understand about keeping it fairly simple as there are a lot of moving parts already.

I'ma still do it 😝

OGpapa

22254.png

@Original Sensible Seeds

Black Orchid Strain

Gelato x OG Kush

Two solid USA West Coast, Cali weed strains Gelato and OG Kush combine to create our indica dominant showpiece Black Orchid. Staggering THC levels can be devastating even for the hardened smoker. Black Orchid is an indica dominant hybrid producing intense power to make you feel tranquil, happy and dreamy its intense body stone can be crushing to users not accustomed to strains of this potency. Heavy compact buds covered with a blizzard of trichomes adorn these plants and the purple tones contrasting with fiery red orange hairs bedazzle cultivators. The dominant terpenes of myrcene, pinene and caryophyllene give off a balmy scent of berries with creamy buttery flavours of blueberry pie with hints or citrus and herbal notes. Black Orchid produces a whopping yield of this potent head stash following less than 10 weeks of flowering and producing 650 - 750 gr m2 grown indoors and 700 - 1000 gr per plant outdoor. Black Orchid weed is a growers ecstasy, exceptional potency, lush flavours and mighty production this powerhouse cannabis strain is unrivaled!

Photoperiod

Cannibalized Recycled Soil

Indoors​

No rush at all. We aren't dropping until June 1st, so I'm assuming the Journal will begin on that day or the day before. :)
Is that correct ya'll?
Roger that.

So have any other "lady" identifying members expressed interest in joining? Or are we just going to keep it a 3 - 3 for this first one. Sorry I may have asked this already and my morning bowl is making things fuzzy 😬

Roger that.

So have any other "lady" identifying members expressed interest in joining? Or are we just going to keep it a 3 - 3 for this first one. Sorry I may have asked this already and my morning bowl is making things fuzzy 😬
No other ladies can do it right now that I know of.
I think, to keep the first one rolling smooth as a BETA, we are okay with the teams of three.
Vote open.

Back
Top Bottom