Hempy Style Glue! First 420 Journal

Are you on city water, or a well? Have you tested the TDS of the tap water?

Is your hole blocked, or do you get a good “pee” out of it? Have you checked the ppm and/or TDS of the runoff? (you are watering to at least 10% runoff, right?)

And how high is your light currently?

:passitleft:
I'm on City and have not tested tds. Jokes are not blocked and getting 20+% runoff.
Light is currently about 24inches.

The couple times I’ve had similar issues it was due to a clogged hempy hole. I don’t think you can overwater perlite unless it’s soaking in water.

I think I’m a light feeder but yours look a much deeper green than mine of similar age, maybe backing off of your nutes would help.

How hot is it in there? If your reservoir in the pots gets too hot bad things can happen, I’ve been told.

Good luck!

:passitleft:

Raise your rh for sure ,at 22c you should be at 55-80%. Her stomata have closed at under 50% she is borderlining the red zone on the vpd chart.

I'm using 1/4 strenght for nutes. I'll cut down a bit and see. As far as heat its between 21 and 23c lights on. I'm using a DIY strip build. The light doesn't create much heat.

Very good point! You may find something like this helpful

That's a very different chart than the one I use.

I try to keep mine in the 8 ish area. I think Sauga gave me the one you are using, it is much better. I need to officially make the switch.

I am had a similar thing happen to my three C99×Blueberry fast. It's getting better as I am increasing the nutes.

My thought was that 1/4-strength is what I use to start clones and seedlings. By the time mine are this big I’m a little above half-strength at most.

Is your light on full, or dimmed? I’d be either turning up the power or moving the plants a little closer, myself. I’d start by slowly increasing nutes though.

That Rh point was a good one too. Hadn’t considered how stressed the plant’d be if the stoma stayed closed.

I actually dimmed the light to 50% this morning thinking that it be have been the problem. I'm at 1/4 with the nutes because i was getting some tip burn.
How close should I get my lights?

I actually dimmed the light to 50% this morning thinking that it be have been the problem. I'm at 1/4 with the nutes because i was getting some tip burn.
How close should I get my lights?

Well, tip burn is the sign we look for, so good call on recognizing you have light feeders.

If you’ve dimmed the lights I’d turn them up before I lowered them.

Update on my issue.

Since April 28th I'd been dealing with what looked like an overwatering issue.
Tried everything, every suggestion from thebmebers and nothing worked.
At my last watering I purchased a new ph kit the drops this time. Used that. Still nothing as of last night. So as a hail Mary I moved my lights down. They were at about 28" last night before lights out I cranked up my rig to 85% (bridhelux strips on mean well driver) and lowered those suckers to about 16" from the canopy.
Well here is the change. They are finally starting to look normal.
20190520_105417.jpg

And I figured out my problems where not over watering. Started watering every other day to keep the res in my Hempy Bucket system fresh and bam. Better

Keeping it fresh is important. With hempy, the reservoir gives you a little buffer on watering frequency. And, in the beginning, when the plant isn’t growing quickly, one could probably go a week between waterings. But the reservoir contents will get pretty funky - low on DO, and the pH may be too high. :eek:

I refresh every two to three days, at a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom