HMG's Hempy Grow 2011 Blue Cheese - Herijuana Jack 33

Re: HMG's Hempy Grow 2011 Blue Cheese, Herijuana Jack 33

Future BC Mom

Topped her 7 days ago, trying to clone the top as well

001681.JPG

002712.JPG

004644.JPG

Potential clone still looking good no sign of roots yet.
006529.JPG

007535.JPG

BCs looking great as usual! :thumb:

That growing tip will probably take a while to root. I've found that even in my Turbo Klone they take about double the time of a standard cutting. Not really sure why that is, but all the tips I have cloned so far have all taken about 4 weeks to root.

Once they get going they grow like crazy! The tip off one of my original BBK clones is now 36" tall and 3 weeks into flower in my flower room. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

BCs looking great as usual! :thumb:

That growing tip will probably take a while to root. I've found that even in my Turbo Klone they take about double the time of a standard cutting. Not really sure why that is, but all the tips I have cloned so far have all taken about 4 weeks to root.

Once they get going they grow like crazy! The tip off one of my original BBK clones is now 36" tall and 3 weeks into flower in my flower room. :)

I knew that a cutting higher up on the plant takes longer to take root, I just didn't imagine 4 weeks. Oh well I'm in no hurry.

I saw that beautiful BBK Very nice. Did I see it showing the same signs as the 2 you just harvested?

I knew that a cutting higher up on the plant takes longer to take root, I just didn't imagine 4 weeks. Oh well I'm in no hurry.

I saw that beautiful BBK Very nice. Did I see it showing the same signs as the 2 you just harvested?

Thanks! :)

You mean the leaf yellowing? Yeah. I have come to the conclusion that this is normal behavior for the Blueberry Kush strain I have. As you said... we all saw how well the harvests of the first two turned out! They just seem to start shutting down the fan leaves a lot faster than most strains do. :thumb:

Back to your growing tip... If yours follows the same track as mine all have... Expect to start seeing a gradual swelling and whitening of the stalk which will last for several weeks followed eventually by root buds, then spikes and finally some serious root growth. The last tips I cloned were in my cloner, so I made a point to document what was going on with the bottom half of the cutting related to what is happening on the top side of the cutting.

Since you are not using a cloner, all this will be going on under the surface, and your cutting will just remain at the same physical state it is at right now for what seems like an eternity. As the root buds begin to develop then you will start to see the lower leaves yellowing, and finally at around week 4, new growth will start to become obvious. This is where the root spikes starts emerging followed quickly by serious root development.

Looking great HMG! I wonder if it would help at all to add 1/4 strength Superthrive to the water you use to keep the clone moist.....

Looking great HMG! I wonder if it would help at all to add 1/4 strength Superthrive to the water you use to keep the clone moist.....

Something I need to look into more. I just saw where sales of Superthrive were prohibited in three states as an unregistered pesticide.

Something I need to look into more. I just saw where sales of Superthrive were prohibited in three states as an unregistered pesticide.

Whoa! Could you post a link to where you saw that? I love the stuff, and it doesnt take much, but I'll drop it in a heart beat if its bad enough....

Whoa! Could you post a link to where you saw that? I love the stuff, and it doesnt take much, but I'll drop it in a heart beat if its bad enough....

You can google it. I don't want to post a link that I'm not allowed to, and I'm not sure which are ok and which are no-no's. Here is a little that I found.

NAA is a plant hormone in the auxin family and is an ingredient in many commercial plant rooting horticultural products; it is a rooting agent and used for the vegetative propagation of plants from stem and leaf cutting. It is also used for plant tissue culture.[2]

The hormone 1-Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) does not occur naturally. Under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), products containing NAA require registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as pesticides.

would you say that thrive-alive and superthrive are the same thing?? i got thrive-alive red and green, i forget what the green one is for but the red is basically for everything, i would figure it would be the same... just a thought..

Awesome HMG!! :thumb:

By the looks of the amount of flower hairs, those buds are going to be THICK! Will be looking forward to seeing what kind of yields you get from that batch! :)

Awesome HMG!! :thumb:

By the looks of the amount of flower hairs, those buds are going to be THICK! Will be looking forward to seeing what kind of yields you get from that batch! :)

I'm looking forward to it as well :yahoo:

How long did your Blue Cheese go?

These are supposed to be close in flowering times. I saw something about a 40/60 rule I think from TorturedSoul. My Blue Cheese stretched for about 19 days, which means it should be done in 48 days total if I'm doing this right.

I think that time might be a tad early.

HomeMedGrower said:
I'm looking forward to it as well :yahoo:

How long did your Blue Cheese go?

These are supposed to be close in flowering times. I saw something about a 40/60 rule I think from TorturedSoul. My Blue Cheese stretched for about 19 days, which means it should be done in 48 days total if I'm doing this right.

I think that time might be a tad early.

Hah hah! I bet you can't wait! :yahoo:

I chopped mine right at the 8 week mark. The trichomes were looking really good with the right ratio, and as you saw in that harvest day photo, she was frostier than any plant I gave ever grown! She still holds that prize to this day!

I would suggest planning of that same harvest window give or take. It seems with BC, kind of like GDP, they do their signature tricks right at the end. My BC started adding all that frosty goodness right as the plant entered week 7. Just like my GDP started turning purple at that same 7 week mark.

By day 1 of week 8 both checked out about perfect under the microscope. :thumb:

Hah hah! I bet you can't wait! :yahoo:

I chopped mine right at the 8 week mark. The trichomes were looking really good with the right ratio, and as you saw in that harvest day photo, she was frostier than any plant I gave ever grown! She still holds that prize to this day!

I would suggest planning of that same harvest window give or take. It seems with BC, kind of like GDP, they do their signature tricks right at the end. My BC started adding all that frosty goodness right as the plant entered week 7. Just like my GDP started turning purple at that same 7 week mark.

By day 1 of week 8 both checked out about perfect under the microscope. :thumb:

I might get to harvest a little earlier than I had anticipated. :thanks: +reps for all the help and support you have been. Sorry must spread it around before I can rep you again.

I might get to harvest a little earlier than I had anticipated. :thanks: +reps for all the help and support you have been. Sorry must spread it around before I can rep you again.

Hey Thanks HMG! My pleasure! :)

Seems that any time someone tries to rep me they get that "Spread Around" message. Not sure whats up with that, but I appreciate the sentiment just the same! :thumb:

Just keep checking your trichomes for the ratio you prefer, and watch their "frost" level. You can always go back to my gallery and check that harvest day photo I took of my BC for a comparison.

Hey Thanks HMG! My pleasure! :)

Seems that any time someone tries to rep me they get that "Spread Around" message. Not sure whats up with that, but I appreciate the sentiment just the same! :thumb:

Just keep checking your trichomes for the ratio you prefer, and watch their "frost" level. You can always go back to my gallery and check that harvest day photo I took of my BC for a comparison.

You are a very helpful and deserve the reps, maybe someone will back me up and give you reps.

When it gets a little closer I will be looking at yours for some comparison. :thumb:

You are a very helpful and deserve the reps, maybe someone will back me up and give you reps.

When it gets a little closer I will be looking at yours for some comparison. :thumb:

Thanks again HMG! I appreciate it very much! :)

Speaking of Blue Cheese...

I'm working on getting another pack of Blue Cheese seeds directly from Medicinal Organic Nursery for another seed grow starting in March 2012. My proposal is to create a new grow journal on here dedicated to just their excellent Blue Cheese strain if they provide me with a fresh batch of seeds. :thumb:

While I have managed to clone the original Blue Cheese plant, I wouldn't mind having some new seed stock, and in particular, a Blue Cheese male to cross with my BBK or Purple Urkle females!

Back
Top Bottom