Hobopr0's Low Budget First Time Grow - Unknown Bag Seed & A Gang Of CFLs

re: Hobopr0's Low Budget First Time Grow - Unknown Bag Seed & A Gang Of CFLs

yeah man...chaos and not sure what i should do?? screen above it next?

on side note....this just arrived. Ventech 6" Fan/Scrubber/Controller combo of Amazon... shit looks kinda big and is quite heavy though...damn..hope i can hang these w/o any issues! tips needed!

20160315_130322.jpg
20160315_130746.jpg

FINALLY! was a pain in the ass because the filter was pretty big/heavy but seems to work ok. the 6" fan is much more quieter than i expected and really happily surprised with controller set to low/mid. on full tilt, it does get a bit loud but with my size tent, i doubt ill ever get out of mid setting. will need to report back on odor control later but after standing in front of the exhaust, didnt smell anything...does this also remove smoke/odor?

..... shit i think it's LED time huh??:smokin:

20160316_200506.jpg
20160316_200520.jpg
20160316_211558.jpg
20160316_211623.jpg

What is your humidity level? And do you have a movement fan (like an oscillating desk or floor fan) or two in there?

What is your humidity level? And do you have a movement fan (like an oscillating desk or floor fan) or two in there?

not sure what the humidity level is...however, since adding the inline fan/scrubber, seems to be a lot less than it was prior. and yes i do have a oscillating fan sitting on the floor blowing up into the canopy as i didnt have anymore room up twd the ceiling..

In humid conditions the jungle effect tends to increase your chances of mold. It can get in the buds when they get larger late in flowering. I would trim out all lower shaded areas that aren't going to produce, and remove dead or heavily damaged leaves. But this isn't strictly necessary depending on your conditions.

In humid conditions the jungle effect tends to increase your chances of mold. It can get in the buds when they get larger late in flowering. I would trim out all lower shaded areas that aren't going to produce, and remove dead or heavily damaged leaves. But this isn't strictly necessary depending on your conditions.

any idea what this could be? the browning of the leaves...also, how far up should i cut off? meaning the lower branches, or do i leave these? trying to get myself to cut some of these off...or will doing this at this point shock the plants?
20160320_170058.jpg
20160320_165955.jpg
20160320_165946.jpg
20160320_165936.jpg

Well I'm not a cfl grower- but how far away do those things work to grow decent bud? Just a few inches I think. So consider removing the growth that is far away- like 6" or more. Especially in deep dark nether regions of the grow which don't get good airflow. You don't have to do this. But I would at least go through and clean up dead leaves and badly shaded foliage.
As for the browning - my first guess would be Calmag related deficiencies. That could well be wrong though. I forget what medium you are growing in. As long as it doesn't get too bad I wouldn't lose sleep over a few messed up leaves. It's pretty normal to get a few of those.

Well I'm not a cfl grower- but how far away do those things work to grow decent bud? Just a few inches I think. So consider removing the growth that is far away- like 6" or more. Especially in deep dark nether regions of the grow which don't get good airflow. You don't have to do this. But I would at least go through and clean up dead leaves and badly shaded foliage.
As for the browning - my first guess would be Calmag related deficiencies. That could well be wrong though. I forget what medium you are growing in. As long as it doesn't get too bad I wouldn't lose sleep over a few messed up leaves. It's pretty normal to get a few of those.

yeah ill take a better look at them and start cleaning things out a bit...will probably take down the lower guys and used those little buds for hash/oil.

as far as calmag deficiency, i was also thinking the same but since i didnt get this yet saw some suggestions of using crushed/powdered eggshells and epson salt mixture as an alternative... what do u think?

Yes people use Epsom salts for magnesium and eggshells for calcium. Milk also works well for calcium and may be easier. I haven't used these but a quick google should tell you all you need to know.

Yes people use Epsom salts for magnesium and eggshells for calcium. Milk also works well for calcium and may be easier. I haven't used these but a quick google should tell you all you need to know.

wow i didnt see anything about milk! i would certainly prefer ease of use....

It's a member named Tead who I know this from. I don't remember the amount he mixes.

just found this on the interweb...

For the Calcium.....Use dry ground eggshells!! I'll bet you can get that for free! It is important to grind them as fine as you can....To effectively get the Ca into the plant. You should should let the crushed eggshell sit in your water 24 to 48 hrs before use.
Another source of Calcium can be powdered milk....just mix it in your feed/water mix at about 1 1/2 tsp per gallon.

Can you get Epsom Salts? That is your Mg.....Matches can work in a pinch too. Soak a book of matches in water for 48hrs and you have Mg available,,,,sulfur is an added by product of this method and that's a bonus. Watch how much you use of this as it adds P also.

today's update 3/28:
kinda lollipopped them a bit more a few days ago....
20160323_121626.jpg
20160323_112251.jpg
20160323_112301.jpg

do i remove more of these smaller bud sites? btw, what will happen if i yanked them off and tried to smoke fresh? just curious because i see a bunch of crystal on these...or should i just save and make edibles.
20160323_121925.jpg

and when am i suppose to harvest? i see the pistils are now about 50/50 brownish/white...about to nute today/tmrw...or should i begin the 2wk flush? or am i not even close yet? it's been about 2 months into 12/12.

i dont have jeweler's mag so used my phone as best as i could for u guys to check.
20160328_134615.jpg
20160328_134609.jpg
20160328_134345.jpg
20160328_134248.jpg

I have the same scrubber but the speed controller didn't work for me but overall a nice kit cools my 1000 down quite a bit

I have the same scrubber but the speed controller didn't work for me but overall a nice kit cools my 1000 down quite a bit

yeah i bought the ebay combo special...so far so good though...no issues w/the controller or smell anymore. i think my next upgrade will be the lights/hood set up.

ok so i screwed up somewhere.....so im outta some smoke so i decided to see what it would be like to try and microwave some fresh popcorn bud to see if it would hold me off for a bit. so finally get around to inspecting these along with the clippings from the lollipopping session and a bunch of seeds fell out! :lot-o-toke:

stomach sank as im pretty sure all 3 plants may be affected and hermified. what should i do now???

are these seeds useless?? i do have some nice dark seeds now...heh.

20160330_110519_1_.jpg
20160330_110558_1_.jpg

HELP PLS!:rofl:

OH BTW, if you're wondering if smoking fresh buds work?!?. YUP...but taste like shit.
:allgood:

Same thing happened to my first plant last year... Now I've 300 + seeds that are apparently feminized. Only problem is they may have a recessive hermie gene. I'm going to grow some out to see if they do or not. If not I've got a poop loaf of good og Kush seeds. So it may become a happy accident, but still a loss of good buds (time, effort, money spent on it too) it very deflating.. But keep at it and make sure your tent is scrubbed down with soap and water.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom