Honey, I Think I Broke My Bag Seed - Grow Journal - 2014

Good luck with your next seed. I think you would like auto's i know i do, they just grow so fast. I think you cursed me yesterday as my purple cheese have grown a bit taller over night and i think im goin to bend her over a bit, at least until my led's arive. I did a critical skunk auto and that was a good plant and smoke.

Good luck with your next seed. I think you would like auto's i know i do, they just grow so fast. I think you cursed me yesterday as my purple cheese have grown a bit taller over night and i think im goin to bend her over a bit, at least until my led's arive. I did a critical skunk auto and that was a good plant and smoke.

Bending the top to your comfortable level wont hurt her and you'll find that by the next day that top will be facing up again, just be careful and don't break the stem :)

If you want to start training or super-cropping there are loads of video's on youtube. Don't be nervous, they are tough little fu**ers :)

Ooops! Just snaped the stem still attached a bit about 8 inch from the top. Ive made a sort of splint with a pencil and tape. I dont haveuch hope for her now. I am such a clumsy git.

It'll be fine, if its really bad wrap some tape around it & it'll repair itself
If you want a proper bend, you need to pinch the branch as you bend it & you will feel the fibres snap inside,

It'll be fine, if its really bad wrap some tape around it & it'll repair itself
If you want a proper bend, you need to pinch the branch as you bend it & you will feel the fibres snap inside,

Cheeres mate i will keep that in mind for next time.

I ordered BioBizz light mix, and it will be delivered to my door today. I read how the soil acts as a natural pH buffer and adding pH ups and downs is not recommended as it will kill some beneficial bacteria, but when I read forums and reviews this opinions splits in two ways- 1) pH'ing is not necessary and 2) pH'ing is a must and not doing so would be stupid. So I'm torn with the pH'ing stuff, any thoughts?

Dont know about soil im a hydro guy if p.h. isnt in proper range I'll suffer light yeilds and nute problems.

Yeah, that is why I think I'll disregard BioBizz'es recommendation and still go with upping/downing my water

Mini Update

About 18h in germinating new Blue Cheese was showing enough taproot for my liking and in brand new BioBizz Light Mix soil she went. Made sure its warm and moist in there for her to make her feel comfortable.
Next picture update will be when she sprouts.

Mini Update

About 18h in germinating new Blue Cheese was showing enough taproot for my liking and in brand new BioBizz Light Mix soil she went. Made sure its warm and moist in there for her to make her feel comfortable.
Next picture update will be when she sprouts.

Exciting times ahead mate!!

Did a whole read through your journal, glad I joined this early

We learn from experience only, the harder we fall that's how we remember stuff longer

I also started like you with slow release soil, re-potted to a proper soil and also using biobizz nutes

Plants dig that stuff and I also been contemplating wether pH'ing my water is even effective, I as you read a lot about why and why not to do so.

KJC and other dudes here recommend strongly to supplement with cal-mag with every feed, especially for us LED growers.

I didn't research about the LED thing needing cal-mag more than other lights, but the nutrient availability charts show that calcium and magnesium are very gentle around their common pH level, that's why 6.5 is our soil growers the alpha on target and bingo.
I dunno if you supplementing with cal mag now, didn't catch that part, but it's advised.
Speaking someone who didn't add cal mag himself and needs to do so fast, on first week of flower now.

Good luck on your grow, wish you best of buds!
You're also welcomed to join in my journal (in sig)

+reps
:goodjob:

I agree with you about those mistakes, nothing can teach you more then a huge mistake:)

I have been advised strongly to use supplements like Cal, Mag and some others on every feed and that's why I bought GHE Trio Essentials pack - Grow, Bloom and Supplements. I have not fed this new seedling yet, I will wait till she starts showing signs of any deficiency.
And I did learn a new lesson today, I didn't know that there is such a thing as Wind Burn. Made me jump up and RUN to my tent to turn the fan against a wall :)

I've never had wind burn in all the years I've been growing & find it has an advantage of toughening up youngsters. If you've got a 12" fan right next to your plant on full chat then it may happen but I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't know about the size of it but it's a usb desktop mini fan that was blowing straight on her. I wouldn't say it was doing much harm to her but after receiving just a slight breeze from bouncing back from the wall, instead of full blown wind, she kinda looks better. She is still shaking but not as much.

Back
Top Bottom