Hortus's 2nd Grow - Veg T5 - Bloom 600W HPS

With the big closet now available I gave it a good old clean and a spray for mites if there was any! so I've turned it into a veg space and moved all of the tents plants in apart from the autos I chopped those.

DSC_11234.JPG
DSC_11277.JPG
DSC_11263.JPG
DSC_11241.JPG
DSC_11252.JPG

In there is a ice cream mother plant with 3 of her clones, an amnesia bagseed 4wk old clone with 2 clones and DR krippling incredible bulk seedling that I've topped and made a healthy clone.

Also popped 24 auto seeds for a possible future journal I'll see how well they germinate :lot-o-toke:

And in the small closet the girls are coming to the end of there 5 week I've started using b'cuzz bloom stimulator to help things I'll also add there pk booster in a week or two along with there normal bio bizz range feeding routine.

DSC_11298.JPG
DSC_11307.JPG

I'm thinking about removing the lower buds to boost the top colas any thoughts?

Take it easy :Namaste:

I always remove lower bud sites as its pretty useless other than butter. I hate trimming those smaller under buds so i usually try and cut them before flower. When the new ones below start forming i cut them again. They will never do anything anyway. Im pretty much getting away from SCROGS because my 600 watt just isnt enough power to give me the size buds I want with 50+ tops. I can yield the same thing with 10 massive colas as 100 smaller sized colas. So much easier to maintain and so much easier to harvest. I hate trimming colas the size of a few fingers.... If you remove 10 grams below thats 10 extra grams your big colas will put on! I say go for it!

Cheers nitro that's just what I wanted to hear. Your right trimming all of those little buds took me hrs I'll probs end up separating them from the decent buds and make some hash.

Trouble is the two plants in the small closet are about 4ft tall you reckon if I take the all the buds off from 2ft down or just pluck till I hit decent budding sites in full light?

Right I'm cracking up here....

After I've completed the auto grow I'll be doing a batch of incredible bulk clones I'm after a pound from 5 clones how would I go about doing this?

Each plant with 4 colas and hope each cola weighs a oz each could probs go 8 colas each and double my yeild or am I barking up the wrong tree:lot-o-toke:

Update time!

So Ive went ahead and chopped the main closet took me hrs to trim...

Currently it's drying in the veg tent.

2015-05-18_07_54_24.jpg
2015-05-18_07_58_35.jpg
DSC_11223.JPG
DSC_11211.JPG

I'll update you guys with the final weight asap.

:Namaste:

Is that a drying tent? I barely noticed it in that dankness! Nice job bro, contrasts!!

Is that a drying tent? I barely noticed it in that dankness! Nice job bro, contrasts!!

Yeah it is for now, my old drying unit has been destroyed to make room for a 140/140/200cm tent.

The little 50/50/100cm tent is perfect for fitting a medium sized harvest in I've also got a speed adjustable extractor gently pulling the smell trough a carbon filter. I've got tester bud here that's dried quicker from being close the the vent I'll snap a pic of the trichomes for yall.

Right I'm cracking up here....

After I've completed the auto grow I'll be doing a batch of incredible bulk clones I'm after a pound from 5 clones how would I go about doing this?

Each plant with 4 colas and hope each cola weighs a oz each could probs go 8 colas each and double my yeild or am I barking up the wrong tree:lot-o-toke:

Hortus, Remember plant count doesnt matter when talking about yield. Essentially you can grow the same weight from one plant as 50 when you are talking growing indoors with one light. Thats why im getting away from my two plant SCROG under my 600 watt. Every time I only get 600 grams... It doesnt matter if I do 4 plants or 1 its always 600 grams. One plant per 600 watt from here on out! Maximum of 10-15 tops. I rather trim massive colas than 100+ small ones. I also usually grow high yielding plants so I do take into consideration that someone may want a few plants if they are low yielding strains... I have no experience with this as ive always achieved 600 grams with my 600 so I recommend 1 plant per 600 watt to achieve arm sized colas.

If you are using a 600 watt draw power then you can expect 600 grams. Theres no way to get much more than one gram per actual draw wattage... If someone clams they are they are lying or weighing before dry... Just my two cents...

Ok I catch the drift now thanks nitro

So once I've set up the auto space it'll free up my main closet. I'll try 1 light 1 plant I've got a ice-cream that needs repotting and remove all the lower budding sites and leave 10 to 15 top colas give it week or 2 to settle then flip lights I'll also remove the scrog screen, I'm really looking forward to seeing the how that grow pans out.

All of theses clones I've created I'll chuck em in a polytunnel hopefully they might produce something before fall.

I'll have a final weight soon don't think I've met the 600g target though...

Also dont forget to change your HPS bulbs after two grows. It really helps and boost your yields. I use the Hortilife iPower bulbs and they are right at $20 so i have no problem changing them every two grows. I have noticed a huge difference when I tried to get 3 grows out of a bulb...

The thought had never crossed my mind to swap bulbs I'll definitely look into that thanks again nitro :thumb:

I've also been thinking about upgrading to leds in one of the grow spaces it'll need to replace a 600w mh/hps I'm still in the dark and need to research the various brands and models don't suppose any of you fine people have any recommendations?

Why on earth would you ever want to downgrade to a LED? HPS are still superb. If you need more from your grow space then up the bulb and ballast. You can make your own choices but i wouldn't recommend buying to all this sponsored LED BS on this website... They have a long way to still come to even match HPS...

I agree with HunterNitro. Not that I claim to have much knowledge of LEDs. But going through the journals it seems obvious that at best some LEDs may be on par with HIDs. They also do well in situations where people are looking to reduce heat. And after you foot the bill for the overpriced lights, you'll save on power. But in general- an upgrade- no.

Hahaha some good points there guys I'll hold off buying leds till I know more about them and can justify the price...

So my new plan is to buy another 600w hps then run 2 in a 140/140/200cm tent for the auto grow with cfl side lights while letting the icecream mother clone have the 600w hps in the big closet all to herself.

Gonna grab a brew then I'll see if I can get a final dry weight form the last crop

Just finished jarring up the dried bud like I thought not as much as I hoped but still the quality of these buds is awesome. So the final weight is 298g I'm still happy but think I need to reevaluate my grow style and nutrient line up.

I've started a new auto journal and would love you all to come over and keep tabs

Thanks everyone who's helped out here your help has been very much appreciated :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom