JimmieJ's First Grow - Closet - Soil - Bag Seed - CFLs

Hey, Jimmie...you said resin on the plastic lens? The bottom plastic is a cap that removes. The camera is way inside the housing. You should see a little tab on the plastic bottom to pop it off. I believe that is just a protector for when the scope isn't in use.

EDIT: Here's mine, does yours look like this?

usb_scope_1.jpg

usb_scope_2.jpg

I've been wondering what all of those fine spider web type lines were in the photos. That's coming from the plastic protector, if yours is like mine.

Yes! Exactly like that. I didn't realize it's just a cover, that's great news. I was wondering how I was going to keep it scratch-free. Great tips and info!

Cannafan is a treasure isn't she?

You could harvest. You could wait.

At this point, choosing trichome colors is sort of like learning how much creamer you like in your coffee, And of course some strains are preferred at different trichome stages than others :)

Yes! Exactly like that. I didn't realize it's just a cover, that's great news. I was wondering how I was going to keep it scratch-free. Great tips and info!

You should be able to get your photos clearer now, when you've removed that. It's still a fussy camera at that magnification, so you have to be sure it's on something stable and not moving. Your lap wouldn't work. ROFL

Have fun. Looking foward to the harvest report.

:circle-of-love:

Cannafan is a treasure isn't she?

You could harvest. You could wait.

At this point, choosing trichome colors is sort of like learning how much creamer you like in your coffee, And of course some strains are preferred at different trichome stages than others :)

Yes she is, and I have to say that you are as well. :thumb::thanks:

I removed the cap and looked at the buds with it, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I didn't take any pics yet because I had a lot to do and it's still not easy... but more crystal clear pics will be coming. Thank you for pointing out that it's just a dust cap and for the tips on keeping things steady! :thumb::thanks:

So... I can harvest or I can wait, says Rad... I did both. :thumb:

I didn't like all the dry, crispy leaves on the buds and I wanted to harvest before it got out of hand. It's pretty clear that I'm not jumping the gun now.

I could be way off, but I'm not looking at this like it's all or nothing. I grabbed the ones that look about done growing, and left the smaller ones alone that are still putting out strong new pistils. It just felt right, so that's what I did. Her clone isn't ready to go into flower yet, so I don't need the space yet. I say let her finish fattening up the lower buds.

22g wet. I am guessing today's partial harvest will be 5-6g dry.
GEDC1981.JPG

Not a big amount, but who cares. I grew these little suckers myself, and learned a lot. More is coming anyway. I haven't even begun thinking about harvesting Handy Dandy, who is still chugging along and has far more buds than Chillin1.
GEDC1979.JPG

She still has buds to finish before I give her the final chop
GEDC1976.JPG

It kind of feels like harvest day, but then again it doesn't. It's like the feeling you get when getting your first batch of tomatoes, but there are still more. The uneasy feeling that I could lose it all after all this time and effort is gone now. I got me a harvest. Everything after this will be gravy. :thumb:

Fridge boy update.

I opened the fridge and checked him this morning and he was wilted. I decided to give him some water (ice cold out of the fridge, so as not to shock him, hehe!!) and put him in the basement window for some light. Several hours later and he perked right up. Does this mean that a cannabis plant can be put on hold in cold storage? Who knows, but I want to play around and find out. Close to two weeks in a dark, 35°F space with almost no fresh air, and he doesn't look pissed. This could be useful info if it's repeatable and I ever had to leave the house for more than a few days.

GEDC1986.JPG
GEDC1989.JPG

Fridge boy update.

I opened the fridge and checked him this morning and he was wilted. I decided to give him some water (ice cold out of the fridge, so as not to shock him, hehe!!) and put him in the basement window for some light. Several hours later and he perked right up. Does this mean that a cannabis plant can be put on hold in cold storage? Who knows, but I want to play around and find out. Close to two weeks in a dark, 35°F space with almost no fresh air, and he doesn't look pissed. This could be useful info if it's repeatable and I ever had to leave the house for more than a few days.

GEDC1986.JPG
GEDC1989.JPG

That is the quirkiest result ever - I am lovng this experiment

Congrats JimmieJ! And you have taken the right attitude for the amount of your first grow. We crawl before we walk, and we walk before we run. You're going to be running verrrry soon. :thumb:

That refrigerator plant thing is interesting. LOL Be careful that you don't carry pollen around on you after you've tended to it.

Also, I wouldn't try that kind of thing in a situation where you are going to be gone with the female plants. My fear would be the stress would turn them hermie on ya or other bad effects to their internal system.

Anybody else have a thought on that?

Have fun and enjoy Jimmie!

Thanks for the positive words, Canna. :thumb:

I definitely wouldn't play fridge games with a budding female at this point in my experience, I want every gram that my CFLs can give me! I also get a funny feeling by allowing this boy to come out of his "coma." I'd feel much better experimenting with a female but, I don't have a spare. :laughtwo:

I'll be careful till the experiment is over!

Fridge boy experiment update.

Checked up on him to see what's going on. Not only did he perk right back up, he had a growth spurt and the pollen sacs have grown so much that I gave him a farewell drink of water and put him back in the fridge (carefully to not disturb any pollen). I'm not going to touch the plant again till I no longer have any plants in flower. This damn plant looks the healthiest that it ever has, and it was the sickliest one I've ever had.

The basement window gets a couple hours of sun this time of year
GEDC1995.JPG

Pollen sacs
GEDC2003.JPG

Back into lifeless cold storage. I had to lower the shelf two notches to accommodate its growth
GEDC2004.JPG

Thanks. Wise move to keep him isolated. My flower room is full of seeds - donor unknown. It feels like I failed as grower - BUT I'm saving the seeds :)

Bummer on the seeds! If you failed as a grower, then all the weed that I smoked when I was younger came from failed growers! It ALL had seeds. I sure got baked though! This makes me wonder - when seeds are mature, will they just fall off by themselves? Chillin1's seed looks brown now, but I don't want to yank it till I know it's ready.

Damn, that is one DETERMINED dude! Those pollen sacs are very close to opening, they are starting to hang down. So, wise decision to isolate as Radogast said. Take no chances.

Will be cool to see and update on it later on. LOL

:circle-of-love:

Yes, he is determined, and I'll share an update when he doesn't pose any more danger.

Popcorn anyone? Chillin1's final harvest.

I'm glad I waited to finish harvesting. There were still a few spots of strong pistils, but they mostly quit, so today was the day.

Trichs - I can't wait till I know exactly what I'm looking at. Next time, I'll start inspecting them when they first appear.
0524_1.jpg
0524-5.jpg
0524-4.jpg
0524-3.jpg
0524-2.jpg

Before the chop
GEDC2007.JPG

After the chop
GEDC2008.JPG

I left some of the smallest stuff on there. She's back in the veg closet to see if she goes into veg mode again

The popcorn
GEDC2009.JPG

It came out to 24g wet. Once these dry, I'll weigh them with the first harvest and see what I ended up with.
GEDC2010.JPG

Back
Top Bottom