Kanno 26: Soil, RQS, Bubble Kush, Feminized, 2nd Journal

Hi @Bill284, I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you mean, maybe the translator translated it wrong for me ;).
Looks like I had a stroke, sorry.
Forgot to proof read.
A fan blowing across the top to keep it dryer and disrupt their flight is helpful sometimes. :Namaste:
Too many concussions. ;):rofl:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

So yes to dunks if you can find them. Anything with BT in it. They have about a 10 day life period so try to interrupt that. Between bt and the fan blowing at the soil level they slow down pretty good. Neem drench kills them too but not the maggots so much I've seen in my pots, shiver. Lately I use bt to inoculate the soil and they get knocked down well in about a week. Along with the fans.

So yes to dunks if you can find them. Anything with BT in it. They have about a 10 day life period so try to interrupt that. Between bt and the fan blowing at the soil level they slow down pretty good. Neem drench kills them too but not the maggots so much I've seen in my pots, shiver. Lately I use bt to inoculate the soil and they get knocked down well in about a week. Along with the fans.
Thanks but sorry @StoneOtter what does BT stand for?

Hi @Kanno26 . Ok I got all caught up. Don’t know why I didn’t get the tag, my apologies. So it appears you have been quite the busy boy! Love the new big setup. Awesome. Perfect. Also love the small light choice. That’s bright for 100 watts!

Now - after reading all five pages, I think maybe I’ve realized part of your issues. You said you have soil and coco mix and are ph to 6.3. @Emilya Green and I discussed this a while back. Not sure what the proportions are you have between the two, but to simplify me and E’s conversation, she was pretty adamant - pick one or the other. When you have both, and one is 5.8 and the other 6.3, it’s gotta get crazy for the plant. Besides the overwatering that several people pointed out, I think that may be part of the problem. Not sure but that’s what my gut is saying. Sorry I’m not well-versed enough to expound on the WHY this is a problem, but I’m sure others here can. Anyway, you are negotiating it with your usual vigor. You’ll be fine. Your support team here is half decent. Lol!!! Now, do we need to talk about your seed addiction?
:rofl: :rofl:

Hi @Kanno26 . Ok I got all caught up. Don’t know why I didn’t get the tag, my apologies. So it appears you have been quite the busy boy! Love the new big setup. Awesome. Perfect. Also love the small light choice. That’s bright for 100 watts!

Now - after reading all five pages, I think maybe I’ve realized part of your issues. You said you have soil and coco mix and are ph to 6.3. @Emilya Green and I discussed this a while back. Not sure what the proportions are you have between the two, but to simplify me and E’s conversation, she was pretty adamant - pick one or the other. When you have both, and one is 5.8 and the other 6.3, it’s gotta get crazy for the plant. Besides the overwatering that several people pointed out, I think that may be part of the problem. Not sure but that’s what my gut is saying. Sorry I’m not well-versed enough to expound on the WHY this is a problem, but I’m sure others here can. Anyway, you are negotiating it with your usual vigor. You’ll be fine. Your support team here is half decent. Lol!!! Now, do we need to talk about your seed addiction?
:rofl: :rofl:
Btw - a silly little trick I use to help control and target watering is to dig a small moat around the plant where you want the water to go and just stay in the moat. Go slow. Then every couple days you just widen the moat a little bit so you’re always targeting the water (and thus your roots) to go wide. It helped cure me of overwatering.

Btw - a silly little trick I use to help control and target watering is to dig a small moat around the plant where you want the water to go and just stay in the moat. Go slow. Then every couple days you just widen the moat a little bit so you’re always targeting the water (and thus your roots) to go wide. It helped cure me of overwatering.
Last thing - since it’s too late to change the soil/coco thing, maybe it would help to Ph to 6.0 and split the difference between 5.8 and 6.3 a little? That’s just a dead guess.

Hi @Jon, thanks for your trench idea, I'll give it a try. The first 5 Bubble Kush were in a mix of coconut and soil and they all died. So I threw in two more Bubble Kush and two white widows and they are in pure coconut. So @Bill284 advised me to water them every day so they start growing. But you know, sometimes I overdo it and then it turns out like this :D. And yes, I'll probably be a bit addicted to seeds, I just needed to try another seed bank ;). Thanks for being here.

Hi @Jon, thanks for your trench idea, I'll give it a try. The first 5 Bubble Kush were in a mix of coconut and soil and they all died. So I threw in two more Bubble Kush and two white widows and they are in pure coconut. So @Bill284 advised me to water them every day so they start growing. But you know, sometimes I overdo it and then it turns out like this :D. And yes, I'll probably be a bit addicted to seeds, I just needed to try another seed bank ;). Thanks for being here.
It’s okay now you’re in coco pure you’ll be fine. I notice my coco plants tend to be very slow to get up and get going, often taking 9-10 days before they really pour it on. But when they do - phew!

I notice my coco plants tend to be very slow to get up and get going, often taking 9-10 days before they really pour it on. But when they do - phew!
Interesting. That's almost exactly what I typically experience in the SIPs. I call it the transition phase and my guess is that the roots need time to morph over to the fine hair-like roots we typically get in these pots rather than the thick, white, water seeking roots.

My plants stall out above ground for about 2 weeks, grow slowly in the third and then take off.

The similarities must have something to do with the wetter environment than they're typically used to.

Update.
Hello everyone, today is Sunday and on Friday I bought a smaller tube heater for the small tent, it has 90w and the temperature rose by about 5 degrees Celsius at night. So thanks to this, I have 20 degrees Celsius when the light goes off and 26 degrees Celsius when the light is turned on.
IMG_20221211_101444.jpg

Otherwise, the light from @VIVOSUN shines great. I have it at 75% on and it shines great. It does a great job for how small it is. Thanks @Bill284 for the recommendation.
IMG_20221211_101620.jpg
IMG_20221211_102109.jpg

And now it's the girls' turn. On Friday, I applied a product against the midges and the girls did well, and now they seem to have caught a second wind and something is finally starting to happen.
The first two are Bubble Kush.
IMG_20221211_101417.jpg
IMG_20221211_101429.jpg

And the other two are XXL white widows from Barneys Farm.

IMG_20221211_101405.jpg
IMG_20221211_101358.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, have a nice Sunday.

Update.
Hello everyone, today is Sunday and on Friday I bought a smaller tube heater for the small tent, it has 90w and the temperature rose by about 5 degrees Celsius at night. So thanks to this, I have 20 degrees Celsius when the light goes off and 26 degrees Celsius when the light is turned on.
IMG_20221211_101444.jpg

Otherwise, the light from @VIVOSUN shines great. I have it at 75% on and it shines great. It does a great job for how small it is. Thanks @Bill284 for the recommendation.
IMG_20221211_101620.jpg
IMG_20221211_102109.jpg

And now it's the girls' turn. On Friday, I applied a product against the midges and the girls did well, and now they seem to have caught a second wind and something is finally starting to happen.
The first two are Bubble Kush.
IMG_20221211_101417.jpg
IMG_20221211_101429.jpg

And the other two are XXL white widows from Barneys Farm.

IMG_20221211_101405.jpg
IMG_20221211_101358.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, have a nice Sunday.
I had a Fruit Punch Auto sitting under my @VIVOSUN VS - 1000 this summer.
I was blown away flowering under that light.
She was a beast with rock solid buds.
I literally couldn't believe it.
I never flower with such a low watt light.
Color me impressed. :rofl:
Seedlings and veg girls will thrive.
But remember your goal now it to develop a root ball.
If you check my potting pictorials before you do any more potting it would be beneficial.
There are a couple things there that will help you.
I don't worry much about the little plant, I concentrate on root growth.
Building that root ball.
Girls look great this morning. :thumb:
Take care my friend.

I had a Fruit Punch Auto sitting under my @VIVOSUN VS - 1000 this summer.
I was blown away flowering under that light.
She was a beast with rock solid buds.
I literally couldn't believe it.
I never flower with such a low watt light.
Color me impressed. :rofl:
Seedlings and veg girls will thrive.
But remember your goal now it to develop a root ball.
If you check my potting pictorials before you do any more potting it would be beneficial.
There are a couple things there that will help you.
I don't worry much about the little plant, I concentrate on root growth.
Building that root ball.
Girls look great this morning. :thumb:
Take care my friend.

Hey @Bill284, thanks for stopping by. Can I find watering pictures in your current journal? I'm grateful for any advice ;), do you think I'm watering them a lot?

Hey @Bill284, thanks for stopping by. Can I find watering pictures in your current journal? I'm grateful for any advice ;), do you think I'm watering them a lot?
It's coco so watering daily is expected.
At the beginning of my Heavens Shores thread is solo cups potting watering and up-potting.
Should be easy to find.
Then there is a watering pictorial for bigger pots too.
Have a look, if you can't find what you need just let me know I'll help.
Talk soon.

Hello fellow growers, finally two Bubble Kush are out and I'm still waiting for the rest. I hope it will come soon so that the race can start at full speed.
IMG_20221023_092212.jpg
IMG_20221023_092206.jpg

I'm still waiting for four more. I preferred to throw in one extra seed just to be safe.
IMG_20221023_092307.jpg

Hi @Jon I hope you are well? Here is the invitation to my new journal, I kind of forgot about it, sorry. ;)
Oops hit quote by mistake. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom