Light Addict Tries To Get Grafting - Target Of One Mom With 15 Strains!

Well DR. Light there you go again. Always coming up with interesting methods of growing. I'm in for the count, but I have to say I have no idea what your doing or why. I have been having internet issues which I'm trying to fix sooner rather than later as grafting seems like something to put in my grow resume.:thumb:

Yeah I did one with 4 strain's was going to do my tree with multiple strains on her then just flower not for a mother just for laughs, good luck mate if you need any help uptheholler2 sounds like he knows what he's doing and I've done it b4 just ask, so you will kick Ass !

What is a root stock and exactly whats the purpose of grafting? Also can some one tell me how to subscribe to this journal? I forgot and find the button.

Subbbbeeddddddd! High LA! I sent you an email buddy! Cannnnttttt waitttt for this thing!!

:volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley:

Pass the vape around ladies & gents! This is gonna be goooooood :volcano-smiley:

Welcome one and all! :)

Latin my friend, if you post in a thread your subscribed :)

So for any unsure I'm going to be taking limbs of differing strains and cutting em off their plant and the attaching them all back onto just the one other plant! The base for all the new grafted limbs is what we call a root stock. Im using an old male plant I just have to happen laying about :). Then once I've got the process down I'll zero in on my top strains and find best phenos and then I'll graft myself another mom with say min of 6 strains to permanently clone off and be happy!
Although Latin to be honest they're really ain't a reason I'm doing this other then I get bored easily and haven't seen it done on 420 yet. To me it makes no odds on numbers yet some folks in US are number set so this could aid there! :)

For a couple of summers I worked for a large agrichemical company as an intern. I was always really interested in their tissue propagation department and studies. They had a really talented young lady who was in charge of growth regulators and tissue propagaton. They would tissue culture thousands of plants at a time for their research studies. They needed clones to be exactly the same in every aspect and tissue culture was the answer. That way when they were applying different growth regulator compounds in their experiments they knew that every plant was exactly the same on a cellular level. There has to be a large cannabis company doing this by now. She would sterilize thousands of petri dishes and large numbers of plants tips. Then from the most minute little cross sections clone entire plants at remarkable speed. She would put minute cross sections on agar. in a few days she would have a mass of callus tissue. She then would take small sectons of this callus tissue and make thousand of more dishes. In a few days she would have thousand of small sprouts, These were then also separated into tens of thousand of plants. When they grew out they were exactly alike. You could look down the benches at thousands and each would be identical. These plants grew at the most remarkable rate. Faster than anything I had ever witnessed. I would talk to her about the potential for using callus cells from different plants to create new varieties. At the time ( this was the 70's) this was one of the focuses of tissue culture. And even then young Holler's mind was spinning at the thoughts of what might be possible. And I wasn't thinking about tomatoes or melons! Although young Holler was usually thinking about melons in those days!!( Sorry for the sexual humor...but young Holler was....well....young!) Best of luck L.A.! Look how much excitement your new project has inspired! best of luck in all you grow!

Yep some great info coming in for sure. I especially like the implications of what you just said, although it would take all the fun out it a bit lol.

Well my friends I've got my supplies in and I've cut back and stripped my first male stock. I'm now giving him a few days to revert back to veg and good growth. As soon as I see new good growth I'll be grafting at least 2 strains at once for my first go :)

Thanks for the break down on the what and why. I can definitely relate to the numbers thing as I'm limited by the law and space. The fluxxing help with my space issue, maybe grafting can help with my numbers. As for posting and being subbed. You live and learn. Again thanks bro, you are the best. Looking forward to any and all updates on your new project.

Back
Top Bottom