Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed Planted New Year's Eve During the Blue Moon

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

Great tune sisco, we enjoyed it! Gonna have to bookmark that one...

Trichs are turning more cloudy but the pistils are still quite white for the most part. I think she recently had a little growth spurt as I've had to adjust the lights because her highest cola was starting to get in to the bulbs :) I just wish she still had some good fan leaves left...ah well, whatever! Here's some pics I took this evening.

Regarding my high temps I've been posting I finally decided to lower the temp probe the extreme top of the top cola and put it about 20% down the stalk. Temps were a good 4-5F cooler down there so those mid to upper-80F temps were only affecting the very top of the plant so the temp traumas aren't as bad as I thought :thumb:

Used flash on all but the last two so the quality isn't the best but it works...hard to get a sense of depth though :(
5-14-10_004_rsz.jpg

She snuck in there again...I think it actually turned out pretty cool. "I always feel like...somebody's watching meeeee!"
5-14-10_005_rsz.jpg

Trying to spread the colas out to show how many there really are
5-14-10_007_rsz.jpg

Tried a new angle this evening...from the bottom of the plant pointing up through the canopy :yummy:
5-14-10_010_rsz.jpg

Tried to manually focus this one, gotta practice a bit more I think but there's promise lol
5-14-10_011_rsz.jpg

First off, that pic. with your cat eye is the bomb!

Under her skirt shots are pretty hot too :welldone: Hope you're girl didn't get too jealous:ganjamon:

Glad you liked the song, it's a pretty cool band. Now don't be like OMM and try to grow the thing for 8 months...

You gotta smoke it before it goes back to veg.:yummy: Take care brother. :peace:

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

I didn't know that there was such a thing as a Cola Tree, But now I see one.:yahoo::yahoo:

No leaves to suck on gives me willys too.:smokin::smokin:

That's the effect I was looking for! I hadn't thought about the fan leaves as a reserve food source...now I really wish I had some lol. Thanks for stopping by!

Brilliant grow mate! Those buds look mighty tastey :yummy:
How tall did she end up?

Wont let me give you rep, but congrats!

Dank ya :peace: Right now the top of her tallest cola is 16" from the soil.

First off, that pic. with your cat eye is the bomb!

Under her skirt shots are pretty hot too :welldone: Hope you're girl didn't get too jealous:ganjamon:

Glad you liked the song, it's a pretty cool band. Now don't be like OMM and try to grow the thing for 8 months...

You gotta smoke it before it goes back to veg.:yummy: Take care brother. :peace:

Totally unintentional with the cat...glad you liked it, one of my favorites atm. My girl wasn't home so what she doesn't know won't hurt her lol...and I'd love to harvest this girl, been scraping by on resin hits and some generous friends who have got me lifted a time or two. Even been hitting on some schwag...times are tough lol. No good seeds to be found in the low quality stuff though...which reminds me, I gotta find out how to know when seeds are mature so I know when to harvest the colas that have 'em on my plant. Come on feminized seeds!!!! :yummy:

Alright, I got some better pics tonight (46 total) but only going to post four...and NO trichome pics :bravo:

If this bud doesn't get you salivating you must be dead or unconscious...in which case I highly suggest you reincarnate or wake the hell up ASAP! :yahoo:

5-15-10_030_rsz.jpg

:idea:
Added a 12V PC fan I had laying around to try and move more air across the underside of the reflector...it's only 900RPM or so and doesn't generate a ton of airflow but I figure some is better than none. Seemed a degree or two cooler in there last night but I'll have to observe for a few days to be sure.

5-15-10_041_rsz.jpg

Picture of my current lighting configuration... 12 26W CFL's (1700L) and 2 23W CFL's (1600L), total 358W/23,600L :riskybusiness: Temps are about 4-5F cooler 4" from the top bulbs.

5-15-10_045_rsz.jpg

Test stalk I cut, trichs are definitely more milky than clear and the first cola I photo'd seems to be quite amber actually.
5-15-10_047_rsz.jpg

EDIT: new pic All trimmed up...

5-15-10_052_rsz.jpg

Ok...I want opinions please, I know I said no trich pics but after adding the caption for the last photo I changed my mind. :welldone: :yahoo:

Shot 1 - Full bud pic

5-15-10_001_rsz.jpg

Shot 2 - Close up of top section of bud

5-15-10_002_rsz.jpg

Shot 3 - Close up of mid-section of bud

5-15-10_003_rsz.jpg

Shot 4 - Close up of bud about 50% lower down the same stalk

5-15-10_004_rsz.jpg

Brilliant grow mate! Those buds look mighty tastey :yummy:
How tall did she end up?

Wont let me give you rep, but congrats!

Btw...how are your plants doing? I haven't seen an update since my last post a few days ago.

That chick looks hot brother...those purple calyx's are beautiful and she is nicely trichomed!
:bravo::welldone::goodjob:

:peace: brother.

With pictures like that....I would post them too! Lil N:ganjamon:

The very first picture should be in the Bud on the Month contest! :yummy:

Really nice camera work on all the shots. Thanks for showing us your light set up, it's really cool. I sure love CFLs. :surf:

I would be very proud of that girl!:yahoo:

Greetings Lil Neutrino! I just finished reading your first grow and I'm starting on this one but I wanted to thank you for the great info & pics and the fun reading from your posts.

Hope your gf is feeling well, my best friend's youngest has had migraines for the last 2 years and it's been a trial for all of them.

You've inspired me to start my own cfl grow, do you have any idea if it's a good or bad thing to mix in some sunshine? Because of trees I can only get them about 3-5 hours of direct sunlight a day max, and I was wondering if it would just confuse them to spend time inside and out? Hope you don't mind noob questions in your thread.

Good luck with finishing this one up, your plant looks awesome!

Wow Lil Neutrino, you have some camera skills. I just finished reading your first grow and this one looks amazing from what I have seen. The new cabinet looks great too, can't wait to see how you put it together. +reps! :bongrip:

That chick looks hot brother...those purple calyx's are beautiful and she is nicely trichomed!
I do love me some purple...always have, ever since I first ran across it in high school lol.

The very first picture should be in the Bud on the Month contest! :yummy:

Really nice camera work on all the shots. Thanks for showing us your light set up, it's really cool. I sure love CFLs. :surf:

I would be very proud of that girl!:yahoo:

Thanks for the compliments I thought the Bud of the Month pics had to be dried and cured? I think that's what the rules say anyway but I have seen pics of uncut and freshly cut buds there so i-unno *shrugs*

As usual I'd like to "fix" some things with the lights, having a flat chandelier and hoping for a flat canopy did not work out as you can see from the pics. Some colas are much taller than others so I've had to use y-splitters and stuff to get bulbs in better locations. LST is definitely the way to go with CFL's though but even at a relatively lowly 16" in height for this plant it is causing light penetration issues. Next time I am going to prune a bit more as I'm getting a better understanding of how these plants grow and react to trimming. Gonna cut off more of the shorter colas in veg so the plant can focus energy on just the larger ones when it goes in to flower. I'm not a person who has to have huge donkey wee-wee's to smoke but I don't mind having a few around either :rollit:

Greetings Lil Neutrino! I just finished reading your first grow and I'm starting on this one but I wanted to thank you for the great info & pics and the fun reading from your posts.

Hope your gf is feeling well, my best friend's youngest has had migraines for the last 2 years and it's been a trial for all of them.

Much appreciated and I'm even more glad you are enjoying them :thanks: Also I'm honored to have your first post in my journal :) :welcome: to 420Magazine.com!!! :welldone:

Gf's migraines have improved since she quit her other job, stress was a major trigger and her ex-employer wasn't helping at all (don't get me started on that, evil thoughts are already flowing). She's got a minor one today but is due to lack of sleep (another common trigger). She still wants to try acupuncture but when she quit her job she lost her health insurance.

You've inspired me to start my own cfl grow, do you have any idea if it's a good or bad thing to mix in some sunshine? Because of trees I can only get them about 3-5 hours of direct sunlight a day max, and I was wondering if it would just confuse them to spend time inside and out? Hope you don't mind noob questions in your thread.

Good luck with finishing this one up, your plant looks awesome!

Not often I'm told I have inspired someone to do something productive lol, glad I did though :peace: Thanks again! I don't mind questions at all in my journal, ask away!

I don't think it's a bad thing, I actually did that with my first grow at first. My only suggestion would be to gradually introduce them to the full-on sunlight so you don't "burn" them, especially if you're at a pretty low wattage initially (and you should, seedlings don't need more than two 26W CFL for the first week or two). 20-30 minutes a day, bump it up the same amount every couple of days and keep an eye out for any signs of stress. It will not confuse them to have that mega-bright star beaming rays of yummy photons on to them as long as you do it during their scheduled indoor "daylight" period. The intensity of the light isn't too important when determining the day/night cycle, it's all about light vs no light.

My biggest concern with moving them in and out is that you increase the chances of picking up some bugs (good and bad kinds) by putting them outdoors. If you choose this route keep a close eye on the top of the soil as well as the tops and undersides of the leaves so you catch any problems before they get too bad. Also you might wait until they're a couple weeks old and a bit more developed.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

Wow Lil Neutrino, you have some camera skills. I just finished reading your first grow and this one looks amazing from what I have seen. The new cabinet looks great too, can't wait to see how you put it together. +reps! :bongrip:

Two people reading my first grow at the same time...and continuing with the second? I'm honored lol :ganjamon: Glad you like the pics!

Still never got around to fixing some issues with this cabinet but that's typical once I get a grow going...I need to recaulk the insides to seal the cracks but didn't want to do it with a plant in there. Silicon is some toxic stuff when it's curing, even the fast dry! Still need to block the light entering via the exhaust fans so I can get rid of my "temporary" fix of draping pillows and stuff over the top of the rear lol. I think I figured that out recently after I decided that anyone looking at this cabinet in my bedroom is going to ask what the hell it is anyway so why bother with stealth :p Just gonna make some air ducts out of some wood to redirect the exhaust down on the exterior. Quick, simple, effective...should help reduce my temps too as those pillows and whatnot restrict the hot air from getting out and away. Beyond that it's working pretty well. If you have any construction questions just let me know. Most of the changes I made to it are on the first couple of pages with the exception of the light chandelier, I forget what page it's on lol. Thanks for reading!

So I finished with my finals yesterday and have had nothing to do all day. I finished reading your 2nd grow up to this page, very nice even with all the problems here and there. Turned out awesome, too bad I can't +rep you again yet. I also used some of my spare time today to replant into a larger pot as well as start some LST. I have been attempting to flower for about a week now but just realized the other night the on/off switch for my power strip had been leaking light in the cab. I took care of it and hopefully I will see something happen soon. Hopefully I can set up a journal and get some pictures up.

Here is a pic of her (hopefully) after transplant into new pot and before I LST'd.
P1020318_Medium_.JPG

Lookin good DJ...as you heard in your other thread that little red light shouldn't be anything to be concerned about. Heading over to your journal after I finish typing this...

Yeah sisco, it really would be!

Well guys...comparing trich pics to my last grow it seems that this girl is almost exactly where the other one was when I harvested. And that last grow was potent was cured up a bit and even more so after 5-6 months per one of my last entries in that journal! With that in mind I'm thinking about harvesting five or six of the smaller colas towards the center of the plant tomorrow or Tuesday and maybe one or two of the larger ones when the clear trichs are almost completely gone for that nice "up" high during the day. Trichs are still mostly cloudy, some clear, some amber...blah blah. I want to air cure two of the ones I cut and water cure the other three or four for comparison. Then when the trichs get closer to 50/50 on the milky/amber harvest the plant completely.

On a side note, a pleasant one I might add, she seems to have hit another growth spurt. The buds seem to have fattened up quite a bit in the last day or two and the pistils are turning more red by the day. I might beat harvest time compared to my previous grow (about 11.5 weeks) by almost a week! lol I plan on watering her again tomorrow with some more EJ Catalyst (molasses and some other stuff) to help her bulk up a little more and that's probably the last of any nutes she'll see before harvest.

That's just good news Buddy That's exactly what we go for, better than the time before. So you're care this time was superior to last! :cheer:

Well guys...comparing trich pics to my last grow it seems that this girl is almost exactly where the other one was when I harvested. And that last grow was potent was cured up a bit and even more so after 5-6 months per one of my last entries in that journal! With that in mind I'm thinking about harvesting five or six of the smaller colas towards the center of the plant tomorrow or Tuesday and maybe one or two of the larger ones when the clear trichs are almost completely gone for that nice "up" high during the day. Trichs are still mostly cloudy, some clear, some amber...blah blah. I want to air cure two of the ones I cut and water cure the other three or four for comparison. Then when the trichs get closer to 50/50 on the milky/amber harvest the plant completely.

On a side note, a pleasant one I might add, she seems to have hit another growth spurt. The buds seem to have fattened up quite a bit in the last day or two and the pistils are turning more red by the day. I might beat harvest time compared to my previous grow (about 11.5 weeks) by almost a week! lol I plan on watering her again tomorrow with some more EJ Catalyst (molasses and some other stuff) to help her bulk up a little more and that's probably the last of any nutes she'll see before harvest.

very nice.. been following the journal for a little while now,, (came in way late,, but that also means I did not have to wait to see the pics, and could enjoy the grow pretty quickly) :reading420magazine:

+reps for sure :bravo:

when you water cure, I am definately interested in seeing the comparison, and hearing about the smoke difference as well. It is something that I was curious about after stumbling upon a thread about it here...

I am also curious to hear how your dual harvest experiment works out for you as well, to have the 2 different highs.. :grinjoint::cool:

very nice grow, and detailed journal..

DoH!.. now I gotta wait too.... oh the waiting... the waiting...
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Harvest pics are my favorite! when you water cure, you must understand.. the quick dry after the WC will make your biggest bud look like a shrinky dink..

The plus side is smoke is pretty much NON-MJ smell or taste. I just finished my last bud a couple weeks ago when I was on the way back home.

I sparked up a cig. size J at 42nd street RIGHT OUT SIDE of Grand Central Station! I was pretty sure that it wouldn't cause attention, mostly because I was told a few times by my wife who does not smoke and hates the smell, that it just smelled like smoke and not weed!

I got stoned walked by two cops and a police dog and boarded the train after sipping on a few brews. I was freaking toasted.

Looking forward to your final results and hope you are successfully with your seeds. Remember, the seeds need to cool off for a couple months or so to activate.

very nice.. been following the journal for a little while now,, (came in way late,, but that also means I did not have to wait to see the pics, and could enjoy the grow pretty quickly) :reading420magazine:

+reps for sure :bravo:

Thanks Herb Zen...better late than never!

when you water cure, I am definately interested in seeing the comparison, and hearing about the smoke difference as well. It is something that I was curious about after stumbling upon a thread about it here...

Siscokid did it once, might have been his journal thread...ultrasonic also has a thread about it. I'm going in to it expecting minimal to no taste or smell so no surprises there. I plan on clipping a few small ones to test this out on this evening :cool:

I am also curious to hear how your dual harvest experiment works out for you as well, to have the 2 different highs.. :grinjoint::cool:

I've been pulling pieces off of that last test bud once a day to tide me over although a buddy got me ripped on some hash last night. Couldn't get to the head shop for some synthetic urine afterwards for my interview today. I have some bottles of it but I'm unsure which is the newer one and if indirect sunlight can cause problems...I know it says no direct sunlight. So yeah, i wanted a fresh bottle to bring to be sure it was good but I made do with what I had. Didn't need it...today anyway.

That test bud is getting better day by day...still moist but it'll be gone before it properly dries lol. It's actually kind of strange, the other night I smoked a few hits of it with my gf and found myself to be rather couch-locked which is odd because of the trich coloration. It also has creeper tendencies BIG time and seems to have one of those highs in which you think you're not stoned until you try to actually get up and do something lol.

I took some pics of trichs day before yesterday but more as a lighting test than actual trich check. I was curious to see if the red or blue lights had an effect on how the trichs appeared and if so how much of a difference. I wound up unscrewing some bulbs so they were off and rearranging others to provide only red or blue lighting on the subject bud. Lo and behold I must say that using red wavelength bulbs makes everything look amber. The bluer spectrum bulbs seemed to give a much more accurate depiction of trichome coloration. Something to keep in mind...I didn't think about it on my first grow and I was recently reading some journals and stuff where people mentioned that lighting can affect how you percieve them.

Anyway, uh, back to your comment lol...I think I need to hurry up and harvest some "up" weed now if I want it because she's quickly changing coloration. That and combined with the test smoke the other night that had me sluggish.

Harvest pics are my favorite! when you water cure, you must understand.. the quick dry after the WC will make your biggest bud look like a shrinky dink..

The plus side is smoke is pretty much NON-MJ smell or taste. I just finished my last bud a couple weeks ago when I was on the way back home.

Pretty much what I gathered reading your experience, ultrasonic's, and searching Google so I hope it doesn't shock me to much. I'm not worried about appearance especially for a personal stash so long as it does the job. The fact that it reduces the mass of plant matter while keeping THC content unchanged meaning more potent hits is also a plus in my book...the less you have to smoke to achieve your wanted medication level the better for your mouth, throat, and lungs. Not to mention it increases the life of your lighter :cheer:

I sparked up a cig. size J at 42nd street RIGHT OUT SIDE of Grand Central Station! I was pretty sure that it wouldn't cause attention, mostly because I was told a few times by my wife who does not smoke and hates the smell, that it just smelled like smoke and not weed!

I got stoned walked by two cops and a police dog and boarded the train after sipping on a few brews. I was freaking toasted.

Awesome, good to know...I like to smoke when I hike but I'm always paranoid about the drifting smell. Not that I think many would care around here, CO is full of potheads lol.

Looking forward to your final results and hope you are successfully with your seeds. Remember, the seeds need to cool off for a couple months or so to activate.

Thanks...I was wondering about the seeds. Not planning on starting another grow until the weather begins to cool off...or I get a job that allows me to provide better air cooling in the cabinet!

First harvest

I cut off a few colas today as I said I would as soon as the lights came on. I had two hits of my previously harvested cola that's been trying to dry all week...still pretty moist but getting a bit more burnable and better tasting, flowery kinda. Still a harsh smoke though, no real cure yet. It's almost gone, I got enough for a full bowl and that's it buuuuut....I can stretch that out over an entire evening, it's pretty potent. Those two hits made it difficult to trim the buds lol, my depth perception just wasn't cooperating and I kept getting cross-eyed :smokin: Anyway it took me about an hour to trim the colas pictured here, a bit long imho considering it was only 15g wet :smokin:

So without further adieu...

Here she is post-chop, I can't even tell that I really cut anything off ha!

5-19-10_006_rsz.jpg

5-19-10_007_rsz.jpg

5-19-10_008_rsz.jpg

The first real harvest...
5-19-10_011_rsz.jpg

Even with less than a week to dry and cure it burns pretty well...mostly white ash left.
5-19-10_016_rsz.jpg

All trimmed up...an hour later :bong: 15g wet. Can also see a couple seeds I found that appear mature...and an immature one. The buds on the right with the stem still on are the ones that are chock full of seeds. It was the only one that was like that that I cut...
5-19-10_017_rsz.jpg

I haven't decided which ones to are going to get the water cure yet, I'll post pics when I do that. Also I gotta go back and have another look at those smaller colas because one that I cut was chock full of seed pods. I haven't messed with it yet to check the status of the seeds but it has me concerned that maybe she really did go hermie on me. I'll have to update my other thread with some pics and get opinions. If they are indeed feminized I won't complain TOO much as I am out of seeds. However I really don't want to be picking a bunch of seeds out either. One way to find out ;)

Btw...can you cook with freshly cut herb or does it need a cure first?

Yeah...this is a rather fitting track for the high, even better if you have a sub. One of those slow, head-bobbing tracks perfect for blunt smoking:

Youtube - Emalkay - When I Look At You

Also the "Eyes On Fire" track in the Related Videos section is awesome...if you like this track anyway.

5.4g going in for a water cure, 7.3 to be air dried...I took pics of which are getting what cure but not posting them tonight. The remaining couple grams are going to be quicker dried and smoked.

Back
Top Bottom