Maer's 540W Advanced LED — G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

Re: Maer's 540W Advanced LED – G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

I'm using RO because my tap water is 460~ ppm and I have no idea what is in there. It ruins faucets and fixtures (have to replace shower heads every two years). I am sure the Cal is off the charts in mine, so RO lets me start with a clean slate and minimize build up in my res, or get lock out due to high Ca.

I'm using RO because my tap water is 460~ ppm and I have no idea what is in there. It ruins faucets and fixtures (have to replace shower heads every two years). I am sure the Cal is off the charts in mine, so RO lets me start with a clean slate and minimize build up in my res, or get lock out due to high Ca.

Yea, in some places there is so much Ca or Fe it could be toxic. In a coastal town near me the water tastes of iron all year round.

My tap is in the top 4 of worst in the country! I know the feeling.

Hey guys here is a partial update on my problems.

I did try the H2O2 shock treatment for 6 hours, then did a full res change and added Pond Zyme. There was a lot of foam in the res but it all smelled like pond zyme so that was good, not like the rotten pudding I hauled out before that. The pH still was pushing up to 8.5 all the time, even when I added 2 tablespoons of citric acid a couple hours later it would be 7.0 or higher.

About 3 days ago I got DM Zone and hygrozyme, so I did another change with those, added the MAX dose of both. Things smell much better and no foam, the roots are starting to recover thier white coloring, but slowly.

The plants droop a lot after the lights come on, I am thinking they cant uptake enough water through their damaged roots to maintain pressure.

I compared my plants to Steve's on the same day and they are quiet pathetic. I would have started cloning a week ago but my partner's social life prevents me from working on things as I would like.

Res after H2O2 treatment:

P10203571.JPG

Nice clean empty res:

P1020362.JPG

Res with Zone and Hygrozyme:

P1020370.JPG

Maer, looks totally like how it went with my h202 6 hr bath. Even the foam the day after.

I think you'll be fine. great job.

The H2O2 slowed it down, but the zone / hygrozyme f*cked it up bigtime. The plants are doing so much better they are actually pushing out new clean white roots.

Does anyone that has been through this know if I should trim off the shitty brown noodle roots? There is still a thread of root in the middle, but not much.

Late sub!

I'll be starting a grow journal in a month or two with LED growing 'Tangerine Dream' that has alot common genetics with G13 haze so I'll watch this.

:green_heart:

Welcome!

I plan on ordering Tangerine Dream and Pineapple Chunk also! (GO GO Barney's Farm) I cant wait to try some new flavors.

When I had mine do that, I just used my fingers to pull of the dead stuff, just gently pulled the roots through my fingers and all of the snot came off. Once I started using the Hygrozyme though, it never happened again. Now that I am out, I will see if starting off with some Zone (BPN's mix) will keep it from growing on the next run.

Welcome!

I plan on ordering Tangerine Dream and Pineapple Chunk also! (GO GO Barney's Farm) I cant wait to try some new flavors.
The P-chunk is phenomenal! It has a permanent place in my rotation. I've heard mixed reviews on the Tangerine Dream though--supposed to be very finicky and difficult to start.

Now that I am out, I will see if starting off with some Zone (BPN's mix) will keep it from growing on the next run.

BPN makes a zone - like product??? I would have tried that 1st, Corey mixes some awesome shit.

BPN makes a zone - like product??? I would have tried that 1st, Corey mixes some awesome shit.
He isn't selling it yet, he sent me the dry chemicals to add to a gallon of RO water to test out. If it works it will be awesome and he could sell it for a fraction of what Zone is selling for--for a gallon worth. Mix your own!

Here is an update on the animation.

new_anim.gif

Things have been stable lately, the rapid pH rise has stopped. I think it is due to the Zone / Zyme combo, but the Phosphoric Acid also helps I am sure.

I have adjusted the pH down to 5.5 and plan to allow it to slowly drift up to 6.1 before I adjust again.

Good to see it level off. That is the one problem with this type of system, if it goes South, it goes there fast. Good job on getting it under control. I think once you get the system running stable it will require minimal adjustments.

I took the smallest plant out today, it had no new roots and all slime. I took it out completely and pressed the roots through my fingers, it ripped off about halfway down.

I am planning on seeing how it does and possibly throwing it out completely.

There is a thick mat on the side of the tubes, but I can tell it is dead because when I touched it it came off in chunks and the walls actually felt clean, like squeaky.

The next smallest plant had lots of new roots white and with tons of hairs, I cut off all the slimy shit to see how it does.

I've started taking the runts out of the system. The stronger plants will quickly fill in the gaps. All of my runts so far have been completely worthless in terms of yield. If they start lagging behind, cull them now before their roots become too intertwined to get out cleanly.

Get as much of that dead slimy crap out ASAP and then hit it with another dose of zyme.

damn man this grow is looking awesome! def bookmarked!!

just 2 observations.

1st, if you can using a reflective surface on face of led board and also on the walls, it makes for 10 times better use of the lighting.

2nd. if you can find yourself a spare set of polarized glasses you dont mind hacking apart use the lens when taking pics or making video under your lights and it should eliminate those lines that appear.

just my 2 cents, no worrys either way, awesome grow so far.

damn man this grow is looking awesome! def bookmarked!!

just 2 observations.

1st, if you can using a reflective surface on face of led board and also on the walls, it makes for 10 times better use of the lighting.

2nd. if you can find yourself a spare set of polarized glasses you dont mind hacking apart use the lens when taking pics or making video under your lights and it should eliminate those lines that appear.

just my 2 cents, no worrys either way, awesome grow so far.

Wow thanks for the glasses trick, I am going to try that.

I tried mylar last time around and found it retained too much heat. I painted the walls with fresh Killz white primer before the grow, I am told that is about 96% reflective and stays at a higher reflectivity longer.

Wow thanks for the glasses trick, I am going to try that.

I tried mylar last time around and found it retained too much heat. I painted the walls with fresh Killz white primer before the grow, I am told that is about 96% reflective and stays at a higher reflectivity longer.

fair enough! and yes mylar does help to retain the heat/ cold, depending on how everything is setup. if you can manage to set up everything and have it work with your temps, the stuff if worth 10X's its weight in gold. however it appears you already covered that angle. soo, my work is done here haha..

def keep those updates coming! this is n of the next strains i really really want to grow out, just the lol of the G13 HAZE is enough to make you want to grow it. such sexy looking colas.
cant wait to see the progress!
stay up!!

p.s. no prob on the polarized lens trick, just sharing whats been shared with me! you just have to promise to pass this sacred knowledge onto another, so that they might pass it on haha. the circle of life ;) lmao... i think ive smoked to much, orrrrr maybe not enough haha

Back
Top Bottom