Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

Golden Goat about 4 days topped
V_2988.jpg
V_29EA.jpg

OK so finally got around to transplant ing the plant in coco and it looked clos e to rootlogged!! Hope it doesn't hurt the plant to much but at least I got it in a new pot.

While trying to flush and pH the coco for the transplant I was running water ph'd at 5.3 and getting run off at 6.7. Is this normal or should I have run more water at a lower pH. Its about a 3 gallon pot and I ran a little less then 3 gallons of ph'd water. Also thinking about doing some LST since its growing so tall and I'll be using an LED until I get a scog net going. Cheers hope someone out there likes the grow :Namaste:
V_4EE3.jpg
WP_000552.jpg

And here are the clones I took, usually takes about 2 weeks to root so will be about another month until I know the sex of the plants
V_1E0F.jpg

And here are the clones I took, usually takes about 2 weeks to root so will be about another month until I know the sex of the plants
V_1E0F.jpg

that sounds like it would take a long time.... that is the main reason I got some clones from my local shop I just started week four of veg today and my plants are doing fine I hope you get all girls and tell me how your clones come out I want to get in to cloning but not in this grow maybe the next one good luck and happy growing

Ya it would be nice to know right off the bat what sex it is but I hear that seeds are usually stronger than clones as far as disease and pest prevention. I will hopefully find an awesome female plant and use it as a mother so I can have clones whenever I want. Thank you for stopping by and will keep a look out on your plants man hope to see some awesome buds from your mars 2 as well

On my last grow I got almost 100% success with the clones I took and am hoping I get the same results as I want to sex the plants quick. I purchased 10 gallon pots from amazon that will come in a month and im just hoping they dont get root log so I can transplant only the females. Does anyone know if the plants will make it in a 3 gallon pot for another month?

Cheers hope someone out there likes the grow :Namaste:

I love the grow. Count me in! :popcorn:

Does anyone know if the plants will make it in a 3-gallon pot for another month?

I've seen several growers do very well their entire grow in 3-gallon fabric pots, so I assume your plants will be just fine for another month especially if you keep them in veg. It's dark here now, otherwise, I'd share a photo of my 4-foot tall sunflower in a 1/2 gallon pot. Give a plant water and enough of the right nutrients and it can grow in almost any size container.

Nice I had heard that as well but this is my second grow and im determined to get at least 0.5 grams per watt this time. And thank you very much your very welcome to come along for the grow and share some knowledge :Namaste:

I'm determined to get at least 0.5 grams per watt this time.

If you haven't topped or FIM'd already, then I would get on that soon. The topping will slow the growth initially, which may give the 10-gal pots time to arrive, but will also create two main colas instead of one. This will allow for more manageable LST later on. Also, think about setting up a ScrOG. What I've read is that a ScrOG will do much better under an LED light than if the plant is allowed to grow vertically, which means more bud.

Whatever way you go, the plants are looking great. I can't wait to watch them flower.

Ya I was thinking about building a scrog net ive seen some pretty amazing stuff with these lights in a scrog. So much stuff to do ill have to go to home depot on my next day off and top my Roslyn road. And I really cant wait either im planning on getting some decent buds this time around :Namaste:

Thank you very much big budah im really liking the way this grow is going the plants really do seem to like the t5 but I really want to get them under the mars to compare to my led brothers on the forum. Thanx for stopping by and will keep an eye on your grow!:Namaste:

So some amazing news, I ordered 10 gallon pots from amazon that estimated delivery on 5-26 but got an update and they'll be in on 4-30 instead :cheer: so ill be able to throw the Golden Goat and Roslyn Road in them once I find out what sex they are, I just dont wanna waste the soil on a male.

I also bid on a new mars reflector 48x3 and got a steal for 70 dallor!! I have a small 32x32x60 inch tent Im not doing anything with right now so i figured i could use it with the light for clones and very young plants in veg and eventually maybe get a good mother plant and make everything perpetual. Sorry i cant update more often but i have tomorrow and the next day off so will do a few updates in the next couple of days as i have a few more things going on, hope everyone's garden is doing great:Namaste:

Ok so im here at the library updating some pics and a few other things. I with i could afford internet but its pretty mush the electricity for growing or internet so growing it is :high-five:. but today is exactly 5 weeks for the seeds breaking ground. they are looking great

Golden Goat is looking good, no more retarded leaves so far and the plant has 2 nice main branches from the topping i gave it and is defiantly the shortest one of them all so far.

Roslyn Road is the nicest looking it is showing some very indica leaves overlapping quite a bit and just looking so bushy :love: really hope this one is a girl and i hope those clones take root soon because it think the plants in soil need to be transplanted again

and the Kosher Kush in coco is looking very good as well except that ever since i transplanted the plant in the new pot the stems seem to be turning purple fast. does anyone have any idea why this may be? i have heard that a cal-mag deficiency may be the cause but also nute lockout form the ph being off. im still giving full strength nutes from the general organics go box and ph'ing the water to 5.5 every other day witch is every watering

Here is a family shot and the clones i took in the veg tent since i finally got my pumpkins out i cant take a pic in my 4'x2'x5' tent. the plants in soil seem to loke the FFOF i havent had to feed them once and they look pretty happy

and of coarse my temps, and i do keep the thermometer at canopy level i was just moving the plants around and had it on the floor when i took the pic but hope you all like the grow so far and im keeping an eye out for everyone's grows

Ok so i spent all yesterday cleaning, light proofing the room and adjusting the lights in the 4'x4'x7' and i think i finally got the lights how i want them. im going to have a rotating fan in the far corner so ill leave the lights focused just a tiny bit to the other corner the last pic is the one after i finished moving the lights, what does everyone think?

i plan in making a scrog net to maximize the lights potential since LED's dont have the best penetration and also getting a watt meter to see what the real power draw is from my 900 and 700 :circle-of-love: im very excieted to get it as ill be able to provide more info about my lights and electric bill. Plus i plan on getting a few different brand LED's to do some comparison grows when money allows. here is a pic of the lights on and the whole grow room, i hope to add the mars 48x3 in the smaller room soon for the clones i took and for 2 more seeds i dropped (Dreamwalker same i grew last run) Hope you enjoy the update :Namaste:

i also wanted to post this perlite i found at my local grow shop its so huge!! guy at the grow shop says he used the size 4 perlite and this is a size down 3. ive usually always bought the much smaller perlite that is way less than half the size of this. does anyone have any idea how this will do?

Back
Top Bottom