Mars Hydro Growing Journal Contest 2021: Win SP6500 LED!

Mars Hydro

420 Sponsor
Hey, my dear Mars Hydro led growers! The exciting moment now! Mars Hydro contest here, win free light-SP 6500! :green_heart:

Contest Time: 8th Jan - 8th March

Participate Rules:
1.Open a new thread on 420magazine forum to record your grow journal with Mars Hydro light.
2.Title format should be " Mars Hydro grow journal + Light Model + other info ".
Eg. Mars Hydro grow journal SP 3000 white widow in 2x4
3.Update weekly.

How to pick the winner: The most views of the grow journal thread.

Prize: Mars Hydro SP 6500 LED grow light

We will announce the winners on March 9.

If you enter this contest, please post the link of your Growing Journal below.:Namaste:

This is really a nice chance to get the free beast light. Welcome to join us! Peace love and happy growing!:headbanger:

@Justin Goody @Buds Buddy @Ljb1 @Virgin Ground I know you are using Mars lights and likely know some more who are. May be interested in this contest.
Thanks for the tag Vet.
I'm in the middle of a Mars Hydro grow with their TS1000 fixture. I don't think I would qualify as I'm months into it.
I have also been fortunate to have enough lights to power my medical garden.
I can still help spread the word though.

This does not require that the grower's new grow journal starts with germination. Whether your plant is in its veg or flowering stage, you can participate.

We require a separate thread in order to make it easier to calculate the number of views. Everyone is at the same starting line.

Hey, my dear Mars Hydro led growers! The exciting moment now! Mars Hydro contest here, win free light-SP 6500! :green_heart:

Contest Time: 8th Jan - 8th March

Participate Rules:
1.Open a new thread on 420magazine forum to record your grow journal with Mars Hydro light.
2.Title format should be " Mars Hydro grow journal + Light Model + other info ".
Eg. Mars Hydro grow journal SP 3000 white widow in 2x4
3.Update weekly.

How to pick the winner: The most views of the grow journal thread.

Prize: Mars Hydro SP 6500 LED grow light

We will announce the winners on March 9.

If you enter this contest, please post the link of your Growing Journal below.:Namaste:

This is really a nice chance to get the free beast light. Welcome to join us! Peace love and happy growing!:headbanger:

2 Mars Hydros & 2 200W LEDs In A 4x8​

@Justin Goody @Buds Buddy @Ljb1 @Virgin Ground I know you are using Mars lights and likely know some more who are. May be interested in this contest.
Thanks for the heads up. unfortunately I don't have any use for that style of light. Now if it were the FC 6500 I'd be all over this contest. I need lights that flower a 5 x 5 area so I don't have to use several. Thanks, just the same.

Dear Mr and Mrs Mars Hydro

I would love to enter this competition, but unfortunately I can't afford to buy one of your excellent lights. I am that poor, I have to grow my plants with candles.
Would it be possible for you to lend me a light for the time being, just so I can enter this competition please?
Then if I win the competition, I will just keep the one I have borrowed off you and you can keep the free one you were going to give away. This will save you money, as you won't have to give away a free light at the end of the competition..

thank you

Squiggz

IMG_20210108_170836.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. unfortunately I don't have any use for that style of light. Now if it were the FC 6500 I'd be all over this contest. I need lights that flower a 5 x 5 area so I don't have to use several. Thanks, just the same.

That FC 6500 looks like it's a great grow light in a 5'x5' area, if hung at a distance of 18" to 24" (judging by the PPFD charts posted on its web page). The power consumption between the two products are almost identical, but the SP 6500 PPFD chart shows an extreme "hot spot " in the middle, and a relatively substantial drop-off of its output around the perimeter of its listed coverage area at a distance of 18" (the only distance that they've posted a chart for). Change the canopy-to- device distance on order to correct that hideous hot spot, and it will change the actual coverage area (although for better or worse, I don't know). Hopefully, someone at the company will take measurements at two or three additional distances and post them on that web page, so we'll know. If/when that happens, maybe it's practical/realistic/actual coverage area will be more to your liking.

Question does the grow have to be finished by March 8th and harvested or can it still be in flower?
Howdy doo. I don't know if it matters. It's says it's judged on how many views you get. I will try and view yours a million times so you win :p

Just about to flip to flowering my 4 Blue Kush ladies in RDWC under 2 x Mars SP 3000. Count me in :high-five: .

Good luck to everybody competing for this.

I can see why marshydro will like the added searchable footprint to its brand for all the new, named journals.
That’s business. Makes a lot of sense. No worries. (As we say down under).

I’ve enjoyed the competitions in the past which have contained the excitement in one place. Heck, I won a light! Love the damned thing too. :love:

I won’t be taking part in this one because I feel that it has an entirely different level of vandalism attached to it.

I enjoy what journals I find and can keep up with not just for the photographs of gardens, but for the stories that unfold from the people I meet.

This competition, for me, threatens to diminish my enjoyment of this wonderful forum. I don’t want to see us set against each other in such venal and altogether ordinary ways as I already see happening here.

I hope competitions of this nature don’t catch on.

That said, :goodluck:
Win a light! Grow medicine :love::green_heart:

I hope competitions of this nature don’t catch on.

They've been going on, in one form or other, for years. The other day, I heard someone say, "The universe is a popularity contest," and I rolled my eyes - but there is some truth to the statement.

Here, specifically... It makes sense. The business is paying to participate in this forum. In a sense, paying to have the opportunity to give someone a relatively expensive piece of equipment. If the company representative, instead, simply chose one of the names on the forum membership list at random and offered to give them a light - well, it would obviously net them a bit of publicity. But only a small amount.

But this way, they've got the contest thread/discussion itself. They've got a number of grow journals coming that have both the sponsor's equipment being used in them and the company name in their titles. Furthermore, the fact that the prize will be awarded to someone who will have just done such a thread makes it statistically likely that said prize will get used in a future grow - that will probably become another journal thread. Seems to me that this is an excellent use of resources by the business, lol.

But it also helps the forum, too, by potentially generating additional grow journal threads. That kind of thing helps in several ways that I won't go into except by stating a generality: The forum has to be able to support its own existence.

It's generally good for the members, as well. More... entertainment value, so to speak, by adding to the number of (grow journal) threads for us to read/follow. More opportunities to learn a thing or two, which is always a good thing. And people tend to purchase lights (and grow tents) because a lot of them do their gardening indoors and such things are useful; it's helpful to be able to see some of those products actually being used, to aid in the decisive m decision-making process.

So, all things considered, I'm looking at the contest as a good thing. I hope you reconsider your stance at least to the point of possibly taking a look at one - or more, if the Spirit so moves you - of the grow journal threads that this contest will help cause to be created. I'm guessing that the people running those threads would be happy to "have you aboard. "

I agree with you, TS about the business modelling. I agree too, that more active journals in general is good for 420mag’s business model.

My apprehension with the methodology of this comp is personal.
So, all things considered, I'm looking at the contest as a good thing. I hope you reconsider your stance at least to the point of possibly taking a look at one - or more, if the Spirit so moves you - of the grow journal threads that this contest will help cause to be created. I'm guessing that the people running those threads would be happy
And I likely will visit too, fond as I am of garden photos and many of you, but I won’t be there to tap numbers up with vapid insincerity. (My vapidity is entirely sincere :laugh: ).
Thanks for taking the trouble to tap back TS.

Back
Top Bottom