MassMedMan's Spring Fling - Indoor/Outdoor - Organic - Medical - 6 Autos

My White Clover grows to about 8 inches. At that size, after trimming, it can grow back an inch a day.
If your clover has a similar growth pattern, I'd wait until your girls are at least 10 inches high before planting.

So, I shouldn't plant it ahead of time?

Thank you

Unless you're ok with cutting and trimming as your seedlings gain height. The clippings are good soil food. I actually found it kind of cool to do in a pot in the closet. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I'm more comfortable in my tent since my sister will be around,, how many hours light do you think is enough? What about heat,, I'd hate to heat them in the tent....

And, I'm okay with managing the clover while my girls grow,, I think that is the point or am I off? The green manure?

You'd be correct there MMM (sooner or later BAR is going to notice your name change and dub you 3M ). The green mulch and the nitrogen fixing. Light them as you plan to light your cannabis. The clover will grow regardless of the light schedule.

Masanobu Fukuoka is a brilliant find. Enjoy.

I've been looking into the LOS style of growing, Sue,, thanks to you and COorganics. I'm not going to sleep tonight, but I'm not mad:)

Because it lead me to this :

6 Reasons Why I Chose White Clover as a Living Mulch ? Seattle Homestead

Which ultimately lead me to this gentleman on YouTube:
[video]

Masunobu Fukuoka is my gardening hero.
Sepp Holzer is my backup gardening hero.

Fukuoka via Larry Korn it's why I purchased 6 lbs of white clover seed for outdoors. :)

P.S. If you want to read either of Sensi Fukuoka's books, I have electronic copies I could email.

That guys channel where I found that is amazing. Thank you both. I'm hooked. My whole idea of what gardening is,, it's doing a 180 in a matter of months of being able to access the info all the wonderful people here share. So much for an early night... :thumb:

OK, picked up pictures today, have a few more shots from last years outdoor grow. I thought I had a better picture of the break or the taped area after the break on this plant. The green container it's in in one pic is when I just got my new tent, and was thinking of revegging it. I think the original container it was in was a seven gallon, this was the best plant in terms of training results and overall yield... but it probably could have went a bit longer...
103606792_17.jpg
103606792_5.jpg
103606792_10.jpg
103606792_15.jpg
103606792_2.jpg

20150322_134642.jpg

Lunch today, Hydroyton soup!

Nah, just recycling the stuff I used last run.

Question for anyone who wants to answer. Since I'm growing clover for a green manure/living mulch I won't be using the rocks for mulch.

I was thinking of putting a one inch layer of the Hydroyton in the bottom of my smart pots to give the roots somewhere to air out.

But, I'm doing the SWICK method (using perlite) and I'm wondering if that's a good idea?

I'm planning on mixing 2 cups of the rocks in my soil mix today. But, I have enough to layer some on the bottom of my pots???

Bueller, Bueller?? ;)

20150322_134642.jpg

Lunch today, Hydroyton soup!

Nah, just recycling the stuff I used last run.

Question for anyone who wants to answer. Since I'm growing clover for a green manure/living mulch I won't be using the rocks for mulch.

I was thinking of putting a one inch layer of the Hydroyton in the bottom of my smart pots to give the roots somewhere to air out.

But, I'm doing the SWICK method (using perlite) and I'm wondering if that's a good idea?

I'm planning on mixing 2 cups of the rocks in my soil mix today. But, I have enough to layer some on the bottom of my pots???

Bueller, Bueller?? ;)

It will work either way. I have about an inch of regular pebbles in the bottom of mine. When I discovered the SWICK system it was already done. Had I discovered SWICK first I probably wouldn't have done the pebbles. It made the pots heavier than necessary.

Interesting, thanks Sue, was hoping you were around. I'm going to kick it around. I'm not stuffing the pots until Thursday I think. :thanks:

Ah pot stuffing day.

I know, the lingo, eh? I remember being so fascinated by the way growers referred to their plants as their "girls", and then I grew a couple of my own and fell right into it. :laughtwo:

Looking for some mulch today and I was unable to locate any barley hay, I did however get some alfalfa hay. I guess bunnies eat it?

Did some Google searching and didn't find much, a few references.

Anyone have any thoughts? I need to find if there are or was any pesticides used, got it at the tractor supply store. I would hope the stuff is clean if they feed it to little bwunny wabbits? ;)

I wonder if it would be smart to rinse first before I use, if I do.

20150323_122537.jpg

Been looking into that alfalfa hay and it seems like it'll be good to go. I've read talk about using it in the soil, but it breaks down hot from what I read and I'm not experimenting there. Probably will add some to next year's compost pile I'm building now. But, I've even stumbled upon some info about an alfalfa tea. And I'm looking at this bag and I notice some product settling, some alfalfa hay powered looking stuff,, and I have a tea brewing, giving it to my soil for this grow tomorrow.... wondering if I should drop some of that powered hay into my tea.. wondering out loud of anyone cares to chime in... ;)

Other than that I'm scrubbing my tent and hitting my bong. ;)

Back
Top Bottom