MGD420 First Grow: Autos

They look great. Try to avoid leaves resting on the surface if you can. Looks like a couple might be. They won't take long to pop up again though.

Thanks. Yea some of the leaves are touching the coco, I tried to keep them off the coco. I've just tried to rearrange the leaves in a way that the leaves are better supported

Hey @MGD420. Lovely ladies you have there.

I think you've done a good job of your LST, especially since introducing the anchor as Vet suggested. This will help keep the base steady and not stress the roots. This is how I usually do it:

This is a photoperiod, but the method is pretty much the same one as you've applied by supporting the base and pulling the main stem over.

Auto or photoperiod, they both have a vegetative period, albeit a short one in the case of the autos. This is your window to LST/HST. As others have already mentioned, this is usually the first few weeks for an auto, but of course will vary.

One of the main purposes of LST/HST is to break the vertical apical dominance through horizontal training.

:peace:
Thanks GoogleGenie for the explanation, your help is much appreciated.

Your plants are looking great and you will never regret using LST.
One thing I did a little different , as “ the stretch “ starts , I removed all the tie downs
for a couple weeks and just let the girls grow w/out any restraints.
As that phase ended , I slightly bent each stem away from the middle and retied
each . This really opened up more surface area to light.
E8975904-6C23-4B50-92F7-82408C2921CF.png
52D3CFD2-A7BF-41E2-B93C-1D31E96B349F.png
634563E2-D591-4176-A23E-D1195A922E43.png
E920E84D-1162-4240-A730-8605A01731CE.png
332E4CC7-6D1E-4434-83E1-0680EC96F283.png

Your plants are looking great and you will never regret using LST.
One thing I did a little different , as “ the stretch “ starts , I removed all the tie downs
for a couple weeks and just let the girls grow w/out any restraints.
As that phase ended , I slightly bent each stem away from the middle and retied
each . This really opened up more surface area to light.
E8975904-6C23-4B50-92F7-82408C2921CF.png
52D3CFD2-A7BF-41E2-B93C-1D31E96B349F.png
634563E2-D591-4176-A23E-D1195A922E43.png
E920E84D-1162-4240-A730-8605A01731CE.png
332E4CC7-6D1E-4434-83E1-0680EC96F283.png

Thanks for the pics and information SeniorMoments. Its appreciated

nothing.

the plant is growing faster than the leaf tissue can keep up. creates holes and tears. likely partly genetic. goes away as the plant matures.

usually accompanied with a lot of n which your leaves show. it's all good. stay the course

nothing.

the plant is growing faster than the leaf tissue can keep up. creates holes and tears. likely partly genetic. goes away as the plant matures.

usually accompanied with a lot of n which your leaves show. it's all good. stay the course

Thanks for that bluter, I was checking for pests but couldn't see any signs of anything.

Sorry but what is N ? Nitrogen

yes. it's responsible for the deep green.
if you get slightly waxy leaves it means an excess. you sort of have that. at this age it's not an issue. lots of nute schedules are high in n early in development.

yes. it's responsible for the deep green.
if you get slightly waxy leaves it means an excess. you sort of have that. at this age it's not an issue. lots of nute schedules are high in n early in development.

Thanks for the reply and explaining about the nitrogen, would cutting back slightly on the nutes help or just carry on using them as I have been.

Thanks again, the help is appreciated.

keep doing exactly what you are.

also try relax and enjoy the journey a bit. it's fun.
you can tear fingernails when a real problem arises. and it will.

but you'll work it out with a little help and gain confidence. it'll all be good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

keep doing exactly what you are.

also try relax and enjoy the journey a bit. it's fun.
you can tear fingernails when a real problem arises. and it will.

but you'll work it out with a little help and gain confidence. it'll all be good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok will do.

I think I'm enjoying it a bit too much. First thing i do before I go to bed and and first thing when I get up every morning I go straight to the cupboard and open the tent. It's almost therapeutic, I've enjoyed the journey so far and couldn't be in a better place for help and information.

Back
Top Bottom