Mono's Monster 2.0

A couple of pics while she was out from under the light again yesterday, workmen ended up hanging around until after 7pm yesterday so no chance for pics under the light.

Last night I had a bit of a head scratch and figured given the space available for her, she could do with another 6-7 weeks of veg before inducing flowering. Given that length of time I was considering the fact that there will be nothing flowering for about six weeks and decided, as much as I dislike them, to get some auto seeds and run them in the veg space.

Ordered from Herbies... 3 Auto flowering Road Runner from Dinafem, which came with a free Auto Sour Diesel also from Dinafem. The free seeds from herbies were - OG Kush (feminised) Also from Dinafem, and a couple of Afghani Regular seeds :thumb:

As soon as they arrive I will pop the auto beans and get that ball rolling.

IMG_2181_1_.JPG
IMG_2182_1_.JPG

What are you guys thoughts on pot size for autos?

I've done them before only in soil, used 10 litre pots. Upon harvesting them it seemed they could have done with a slightly larger pot again to give the roots a bit more space. This time around it will be coco for the growing medium, was thinking of going for 10 litre pots again... Thoughts?

10 litres i reckon dude... At least... Let them roots spread out...

You got the room dude, bigger pots if ya want...

Best of luck with ya new monster project mate... Very similar structure to ya last monster project...

Bet the butter was good from her tho...

10 litres i reckon dude... At least... Let them roots spread out...

You got the room dude, bigger pots if ya want...

Best of luck with ya new monster project mate... Very similar structure to ya last monster project...

Bet the butter was good from her tho...

Cheers Matey. I'm swinging to the 10 litre pots as I should have enough coco to pop all four of the auto beans. On the other hand the bigger the yield the better haha. Hmm, decisions decisions...

The butter is great, still got three or four large tubs (500g each) I've got quite a bit of trim saved up again so having a go at making some cannabis infused olive oil this evening. :):)

I would go for the 19 liter pots if you got the room. I know A-Train used to recommend 5 gallon pots for autos as well.

I've got the 19 litre square tubs I've used for years, just not sure I have enough coco left in the house to fill them.

Not the best of pics, but here she is under the 600 watt hps, the second pic shows the space available :):)

IMG_2186_1_.JPG
IMG_2187_1_.JPG

Lol I hate making the drive out to getting supplies. For me its a good 40 min drive so I stock up when I go lol.

That's a fair drive. It's 140 mile round trip, hour and a half each way to get to the nearest grow supply shop. I just order everything I need off the internet, given we grow a lot of vegetables etc I don't think anyone is suspicious if soil or nutrients are delivered to the house.

I'm guessing you live out in the countryside?

That's a fair drive. It's 140 mile round trip, hour and a half each way to get to the nearest grow supply shop. I just order everything I need off the internet, given we grow a lot of vegetables etc I don't think anyone is suspicious if soil or nutrients are delivered to the house.

I'm guessing you live out in the countryside?

Nope I live in a town that has 1 walmart that closes at 8pm and 5pm on sunday.
I gotta drive to the next town over and visit this souvenir shop/ grow supply shop. If it ever closes down. I'll have to make a 2 hour drive to the next town after that lol.

Cannabutter is great, but figured it was time to try something different. Mono's monster provided enough butter to last Mrs Mono and I about a year, so now seemed like it would be a good time to experiment with different ways to use trim.

Especially methods that eliminated smoking ;)

This evening, I had a go at making some cannabis infused olive oil

Take approx two ounces of dry trim ( I used a good percentage of small buds with leaves and stems) Crushed up small, but not to a powder. Put it in a cooking pot

IMG_2188_1_.JPG

Add the oil, 1 litre to two ounces of trim seemed to work well.

IMG_2189_1_.JPG
IMG_2190_1_1.JPG

Heat it using a double boiler for around an hour. 15 minutes for the oil to reach a suitable temperature, then 45 minutes to work it's magic. Stirring occasionally.

IMG_2191_1_1.JPG
IMG_2193_1_.JPG

Strain the oil into a heat proof, suitable container and allow to cool. I used a tea strainer to drain the oil, a cheese cloth would work even better.

Use however you would regular olive oil :high-five:

...Excuse the beer, it's there to help the oil cool faster ;)

IMG_2195_1_.JPG

Well that looks easy enough. I still have plenty of trim left from my previous grow.

Sorry, but what is a double boiler???

Where did you come across this method of extraction?

Thanks bud!

Well that looks easy enough. I still have plenty of trim left from my previous grow.

Sorry, but what is a double boiler???

Where did you come across this method of extraction?

Thanks bud!

Double boiler is a pot on top of a pot of boiling water. Used mainly for melting chocolate for cooking.

This isn't extraction, in THC oil terms. It's just causing the Canabinoids to bind to the oil to make as an edible. The method is pretty much the exact same way I make cannabutter :)

Oh, and this method is in Mrs Monos high times cannabis cook book :)

Ok, I'm confused, so bare with me bud. Can this still be used as cannabis oil?

Back
Top Bottom