Mono's Monster 2.0

Ok, I'm confused, so bare with me bud. Can this still be used as cannabis oil?

Was wondering this too. Seems the thc would be activated, seeing as how the temp is high enough to boil water. But I thought anything above 240ish F would degrade thc,right ? And would the oil b suitable as a tincture or making capsules? Sorry for all the question mono :)

Use it like regular olive oil.. Instead of butter, oil, but same, but not cause one is oil and other butter but same.. Confused? Think eating. Drizzle some through a salads, over your spaghetti bolognese....

Was wondering this too. Seems the thc would be activated, seeing as how the temp is high enough to boil water. But I thought anything above 240ish F would degrade thc,right ? And would the oil b suitable as a tincture or making capsules? Sorry for all the question mono :)

It's a little bit of a grey area when it comes to making the base for edibles - Butter or oil usually. The material used has to be dry, and brought to a high enough temperature to activate the canabinoids. THC is activated at very low doses in Edibles, they are much richer in CBD etc, which is why they bring on a much longer lasting, body type stone.

When making butter, you just have to be careful not to 'boil' it, or burn it, but bring it to a high enough temperature to activate the cannabis. I'm sure there is an optimum temperature, but little bubbles now and again seems to work great.

With the oil (my first attempt) the double boiler is used to stop the oil reaching a high temperature. Even though the steam is over 100 degrees celcius, the oil never gets to a flash point where the vapor was canabinoids... Well, that's the idea lol

Like Grizzwald said, it can be used in any cooking that you would use olive oil.

Edit - Once the oil, or butter has been made completely. The properties of it change. The canaboids are bound to the fat so you can then use it like normal.

For example, Mrs Mono makes biscuits with cannabutter, they are baked in the oven between 150 and 180 degrees celcius, with no reduction in potency :):)

Ok cool... so it will still get you high, just maybe not high high but rather stoned. I have it?? LOL!

That's it.. I am sold! Will make some this weekend. Might try coconut oil though.

I do like the high from edibles.. A good cookie can make me work and get so involved I'll forget about smoke'o and lunch, work right through ams be so happy and content. Two can make me lie down and giggle and laugh almost mushy like, ok maybe 3... I wish I enjoyed the taste more.. Heard people making it with no cannabis taste but i haven't found the recipe...

Edibles are amazing, aren't they? Especially since they can be made using leaves and stems which would generally just be composted or thrown away.

The first loads of cannabutter we made had a very strong cannabis taste, Like Canad420 said, chocolate masks the taste very well.

We have it down now, that there is little to no cannabis taste in the butter. Not 100% on what causes it, but if you make sure the trim or buds are dry. Not like curable dry, I mean crispy dry to the point you can crumble a bud by rubbing it between your fingers and ensure to not let any leaf matter through while straining the cannabis taste is greatly reduced.

The Auto seeds arrived today, so I will do an update this evening when the light comes back on :thumb:

I thought I would just drink the oil.

Careful Bud, you could become the first death resulting directly from Cannabis...

In all seriousness though, edibles are very concentrated. An ounce of butter lasts Mrs Mono And I around two - three weeks. A couple of table spoons of oil should see you high for three or four hours :high-five:

i love good curry with our special herbs ,curry mutton and rice with kidney beans :) :thumb:

an buy one of these , break it down to a lovely dust

12810150_10153891146141605_46635344_o.jpg

Mono's Monster 2.0 has had a pretty rough day today... Heavy defoliation and a clear out of some of the branches to allow the remaining ones to form a bit better.

For all she was big, my first big plant was an absolute nightmare to keep 'neat and tidy' I'm determined to keep this plant much easier to work with. Unfortunately it's going to add weeks onto the veg time.

Four auto's went in to germinate this afternoon :):)

Back
Top Bottom