My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

Nice little set up mate. Im with jon on the higher ppms and 5.8-6.1 seems a little high in veg for ph in hydro. I start mine at 5.2 and let it rise to 5.8 in veg. But having said that looking at the pics there doesnt seem to be any ph issue going on.

On cannazym....
X is very knowledgeable so if he says hes unsure about cannazym in active hydro then i respect his opinion.
From my experience cannazym works great in DWC and flood and drain. There tends to be alot of dead organic matter floating in the res once roots get sizeable and the cannazym will recycle this matter. I run cannazym from start to finish and i also run other enzymes and beneficials to without any problems at all and i only see benefits but thats in my system. Interested to here others thoughts and experience.

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

thanks cultivator for the advice:thanks:

today my ppms at 707 and ph is 5.5, I'm going to let it get to 5.8 before adjusting. I'm trying to figure out how to raise my ppms up without doing a complete res change again. I've tried adding a gal of ph adjusted nutes to the system but so far every time ppms went down , maybe I'm not making it strong enough? I could just experiment but the more water i add to the system the higher the sump level in the rainforrest is and i like to leave a four to five inch space between the net cups and sump level to be misted by the sprayer. I dont want to add straight nutes to the controller as i'm not sure how this will effect the ph level. anyone have any ideas?
pruned about 10 leaves of both plants today, and put the screen in.

IMG_112221.JPG

IMG_112319.JPG

IMG_112415.JPG

IMG_112618.JPG

IMG_112723.JPG

IMG_112915.JPG

IMG_113012.JPG

would appreciate everyones opinion:peace:

you have a feed chart? calculate 10% of however much is in your res and add it right to the res just make sure you mix it up with the pump for at least an hr before giving it to the plants,keep doing it 10% at a time until you find the right ppm's for that strain.if it affects ph which it shouldn't, adjust it then before hooking the pump back up. or is there a pump with that system?does it run like a waterfarm with just airpumps? if so mix it up real well before feeding.

you have a feed chart? calculate 10% of however much is in your res and add it right to the res just make sure you mix it up with the pump for at least an hr before giving it to the plants,keep doing it 10% at a time until you find the right ppm's for that strain.if it affects ph which it shouldn't, adjust it then before hooking the pump back up. or is there a pump with that system?does it run like a waterfarm with just airpumps? if so mix it up real well before feeding.

I have an inline water pump that pulls solution from the controller through the chiller and into the rainforest above the sump level then gravity and centrifical force push solution back to the controllerthrough the return line on the opposite side on the bottom. readings in the unit and in the controller are next exactly the same but pretty close (within .1 ph and 40ppms) i dont know how that would work if the pump is not running. i do have shut off valves so i can isolate the unit sump from the controller with the pump off. adjust controller then run the system and mix the unit solution with the adjusted controller solution. and you think raise ppms by 10% in the controller? then adjust ph before starting the recirculating again?
thanks again for all your help.:thanks:

I only have a second, but I think best move is temporarily removing Liquid Light from the equation and bumping nutes up. I don't know why, exactly, but I had issues with tip burn despite low ppm's when I used Liquid Light. To me, simplifying and removing it seems really wise. It may be a great product, but things become trickier to manage and troubleshoot with it in the equation.

Many people use enzymes in active hydro and like it, but in conjunction with other things I was doing, it seemed to make things a bit foamy and gunky. But, maybe it's a matter of how it interacted with other things I had in the res. I still use it religiously with coir. In a system focused on beneficials for healthy roots it's probably good stuff.

I personally like 5.8 - 6.1 best for veg in hydro, but I am comfy anywhere between 5.5 and 6.1 or so. In bloom I prefer 5.5 to 5.9 or so, but am still okay in that broader range.

If ppm's are going down and PH up, usually means that they are eating more than drinking and a little hungry. If PH goes down and ppms go up, they're drinking more than eating and may need more water added to res. (generally speaking, there can be other variables).

I only have a second, but I think best move is temporarily removing Liquid Light from the equation and bumping nutes up. I don't know why, exactly, but I had issues with tip burn despite low ppm's when I used Liquid Light. To me, simplifying and removing it seems really wise. It may be a great product, but things become trickier to manage and troubleshoot with it in the equation.

Many people use enzymes in active hydro and like it, but in conjunction with other things I was doing, it seemed to make things a bit foamy and gunky. But, maybe it's a matter of how it interacted with other things I had in the res. I still use it religiously with coir. In a system focused on beneficials for healthy roots it's probably good stuff.

I personally like 5.8 - 6.1 best for veg in hydro, but I am comfy anywhere between 5.5 and 6.1 or so. In bloom I prefer 5.5 to 5.9 or so, but am still okay in that broader range.

If ppm's are going down and PH up, usually means that they are eating more than drinking and a little hungry. If PH goes down and ppms go up, they're drinking more than eating and may need more water added to res. (generally speaking, there can be other variables).

thanks xlr8 and jon for all the great info, +rep to you both, I would also like to thank 420 magazine for allowing me to recieve all this priceless information.
:420: rocks!!!:headbanger:
well lots of personal favorite ph ranges, I guess since xlr8's fav ph range matches the nute companies and the fact that even in late flower he has some of the healthiest plants i've every seen. i'll use 5.5-6.1:Namaste:

I added nutes to the res. by stopping my water pump , then i waited till water dropped to the lowest level in the rainforest that the sprayer will work at. i isolated the return line, added two air stones and a sm submersible pump in the controller to mix things up. then i added 18ml veg a&b and 100ml cannazym. checked ph after about 15mins only went down to 5.3. was going to let mix for an hour but after 30 mins i raised the controller up in preperation of restarting the water pump (i have to raise controller above chiller to get water flowing and then drop it back down) left the room for a min, when i came back controller level was lower, damn forgot to close shut off on feed line and the rain forest was filling. so i went with it. i raised the ppms to 928 in controller, after mixing with what was in the rainforest ppms were 828. this morning at 780 so im just adding 6ml into the controller now and checking after a couple hours.
did spot a couple leaves with slight damage on left plant.

IMG_113120.JPG

IMG_113312.JPG

IMG_11349.JPG

IMG_113513.JPG

:Namaste:

those spots are not from what your doing now bro it usually takes a few days at least to show. Keep a close eye on the ppm's and ph for the next couple of days and im sure you will find the sweet spot:)

thanks jon gonna keep a close eye on them:high-five:

I would say your ppm's are to low bro,if all the tips were yellow i'd say nute burn but your ppm's are pretty low for plants that size. I would have my ppm's closer to 1000 at that stage of growth.the trick is to get the ppm's to drop as slowly as you can and have the ph rise slowly too.By slowly I mean 1 point a day.During veg I set my ph at 5.4 and let it slowly rise to 5.6-5.8 and the bring it back down to 5.4.During flower I set ph at 5.6-5.8 and let it rise to 6.1 then bring it back down again.Right now you shouldn't have to adjust more than once a week twice max. hope this helps:)

+Reps Jon, your an asset to this community

well i got the ppms up over 800 so far and they look real perky today, did some training on them today. going to do more topping tomarrow. thanks all
IMG_114312.JPG

IMG_11399.JPG

IMG_113814.JPG

IMG_113613.JPG

+Reps to also X, another highly respected member here at OUR home. 420mag.com ROCKS!

Hey X do you know are your PH Ranges your speaking of work with coco or soil or is it just for hydro? I am thinking just Hydro and your going to say its higher in the soil and soils? Please School me Sir!

well i got the ppms up over 800 so far and they look real perky today, did some training on them today. going to do more topping tomarrow. thanks all
IMG_114312.JPG

IMG_11399.JPG

IMG_113814.JPG

IMG_113613.JPG

didn't see this post when I was replying, ronnie your doing great, I now know I am making a mistake by flowering out the 5 plants I have in my tent with no trellis or screen. I will use bamboo and string for this run. I will keep acurate weights on this harvest and im sure next round with a proper scrog run the numbers will increase. +Reps ronnie for helping me realize this

thanks for the reps arizona this is my first scrog i'm just happy i have this wonderful community to help me through this run.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom