My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

thanks cannasensei, i'm going to do the left plant today and hold off on the right. i want to do another bend on the right plant before topping so i can get her to fill the right side of my closet.
:Namaste:

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

Thanks for the invite, i'm sub'd and +reps

I grew up in SFV in the 80's haven't lived there in almost twenty years wouldve been cool to go to that cup you were mentioning in the beginning of your journal. So Cal is gaining a great reputation with there strains.

Thanks for the invite, i'm sub'd and +reps

I grew up in SFV in the 80's haven't lived there in almost twenty years wouldve been cool to go to that cup you were mentioning in the beginning of your journal. So Cal is gaining a great reputation with there strains.

welcome arizonameds, glad to have you along for the ride. i'm playing catch up in your journal:Namaste:

i topped the tallest grow tips on the left plant and pruned some light blockers from both. ppms dropped to 524 so i added a gal at 630 ppms to try and getter closer to 600. next res change i'm going to shoot for 700. still have some yellow tips on left plant so i will keep an eye on her.

shots of the toppings
IMG_110913.JPG

IMG_110818.JPG

IMG_110720.JPG

IMG_110519.JPG

IMG_110419.JPG

IMG_110615.JPG

:peace:

hey guys i'm seeing yellow tips on right plant now as well as the left. ppms were 630 at res change two days ago and now are 500. at first i thought the yellow tips were cause ppms were too high. but seeing how they're eating more than they're drinking I'm thinking maybe I'm feeding them too light. please tell me your opinons:thanks:
IMG_11118.JPG

IMG_111212.JPG

i'm going to add some base nutes to try and get back to 600 ppms

Is it only new growth or is it the whole plant

thanks cannasensei, i'm going to do the left plant today and hold off on the right. i want to do another bend on the right plant before topping so i can get her to fill the right side of my closet.
:Namaste:
your going to end up with different hieghts if you do this bro, why not train both plants to fill the space evenly?

I'm not sure man. Would hate to put ya on the wrong track with a bad suggestion, cult or x should be able.to tell ya pretty quick. I'd watch it a day or two and see if it progresses and how it does so

your going to end up with different hieghts if you do this bro, why not train both plants to fill the space evenly?

thats what i'm trying to do was just wanting the break to heal better before pulling the main stem to the right. i think its healed enough so i'm going to do it today:Namaste:

I would say your ppm's are to low bro,if all the tips were yellow i'd say nute burn but your ppm's are pretty low for plants that size. I would have my ppm's closer to 1000 at that stage of growth.the trick is to get the ppm's to drop as slowly as you can and have the ph rise slowly too.By slowly I mean 1 point a day.During veg I set my ph at 5.4 and let it slowly rise to 5.6-5.8 and the bring it back down to 5.4.During flower I set ph at 5.6-5.8 and let it rise to 6.1 then bring it back down again.Right now you shouldn't have to adjust more than once a week twice max. hope this helps:)

I would say your ppm's are to low bro,if all the tips were yellow i'd say nute burn but your ppm's are pretty low for plants that size. I would have my ppm's closer to 1000 at that stage of growth.the trick is to get the ppm's to drop as slowly as you can and have the ph rise slowly too.By slowly I mean 1 point a day.During veg I set my ph at 5.4 and let it slowly rise to 5.6-5.8 and the bring it back down to 5.4.During flower I set ph at 5.6-5.8 and let it rise to 6.1 then bring it back down again.Right now you shouldn't have to adjust more than once a week twice max. hope this helps:)

thanks jon your always very helpful, i've been following heavy 16 recomended ph of 5.8-6.1. but i know i'm feeding light. i'm going to top off with a gal of 800ppm base only and if the ppms drop quick again i'll do a res change and go with heavy 16 light schedule of 750ppms
:thanks: +rep to you jon

I'm not sure man. Would hate to put ya on the wrong track with a bad suggestion, cult or x should be able.to tell ya pretty quick. I'd watch it a day or two and see if it progresses and how it does so

thanks cannasensei, i appreciate all your help:Namaste:

well i added gal at 800 ppms and checked the controller an hour later and the ppms were 474. so tomarrow after work i'm going to do a res change and shoot for 750ppms. pulled right plants main stem over and topped main grow tips also defoilated some.
thanks for stopping by
IMG_11159.JPG

IMG_111614.JPG

IMG_111713.JPG

:peace:

changed the res today , decided to employ the KISS method, so no liquid light today, no protekt, added 18 ml calimagic, 150ml heavy 16 prime, 15ml roots excel, 18ml orca, 180ml heavy 16 veg a&b 750ppms. was going to use cannazym this change but after hearing xlr8 say he's not sure he likes it in active hydro i'm not sure i want to run it. I set my ph at 5.2 due to a post from cultivator on jon's thread thank you both very much.:thanks:

the tips looked better today after adding some nutes last night.

root shot
IMG_111815.JPG

IMG_112018.JPG

IMG_112123.JPG

IMG_111913.JPG

thanks again to all that help:Namaste:

I checked the res a hour after the change and it went from 5.2 747ppms to 6.1 678ppms wow and the girls look extra perky. I airated the res water for four days before change but it was 73f when i tested it. and 67f an hour later:hmmmm: I guess they could be eating it up cause they're hungery and that causes the ph drift. I'm adjusting back down now. anyone have any thoughts?
:thanks:

checked res again ppms 747 ph 6.0 . I'm checking in the controller. i think the system needs to equalize.keeping an eye on it and bringing ph down

personally I would bring the ppm's up to at least 900 and then fine tune it up or down from there bro. If the ppm's start to rise just dial it back a bit until you find the right ppm's. your going to go through this everytime you try a new strain:)

It must really be difficult with multiple strains in the same system.

I just checked it again its 786 ppms now so i'm going bring the ph down and let her settle out and see where she lands.

Back
Top Bottom