New City Grower 2.0

:thanks: guys from the both of us & I had one for you Fifi...
Can I sneak in here?
Of course McCdive, there's always room in cyber space. :welcome: aboard...

I think we're on to something Dirty. It usually takes anywhere from 1/2hr up to an hour for our plants to respond after feeding them with 6.5 PH adjusted feed but we just did a feed without lowering the PH after adding nutes (just Cal/Mag today). I didn't test it after adding the 5ml of Cal/Mag but I'm quite sure it was between 6.8 & 7.1 because a few weeks back we were still lowering PH levels adding 20ml of Cal/Mag.

This was over the course of about 15 to 20 minutes.

Before

IMG_00006149.jpg

After

IMG_00006157.jpg

looking great BAR. I can't wait till my plants are big enough to feed lol. I'm reevaluating how much I like lollipopping. if most of the plants growth is concentrated at the bottom of the plant lollipopping may be a bad choice. I like how you didn't go too high with the lollipopping on second wave street girl.

I think we're on to something Dirty. It usually takes anywhere from 1/2hr up to an hour for our plants to respond after feeding them with 6.5 PH adjusted feed but we just did a feed without lowering the PH after adding nutes (just Cal/Mag today). I didn't test it after adding the 5ml of Cal/Mag but I'm quite sure it was between 6.8 & 7.1 because a few weeks back we were still lowering PH levels adding 20ml of Cal/Mag.

This was over the course of about 15 to 20 minutes.

Before

IMG_00006149.jpg

After

IMG_00006157.jpg

Right on brother.....they definately are happier in that second picture....not that they look bad or anything in the first....cool.....i hope it works out for you......i havent PHd organic in over a year:)

SMOKE REPORT​
Jan 11, 2015​

IMG_20140818_5_5.jpg

FLUXY MOMMA (Power Flower, Flux style) Harvested on Jan 4

IMG_00005500.jpg

This plant which took all of 311 days from seed to harvest didn't seem to be anything impressive to me but the lady friend I was sharing with claims "it's some great smoke". She was giggly and everything but I'm not sure if this was her honest opinion. You know how women are sometimes. She's a friend who her & I had never hooked up on a 1 on 1 basis before so she could've been laughing at all my little jokes just to be doing it & just saying it's good weed.
It smokes pretty smooth but doesn't have much of any taste to it. It smells strong as heck when you open the jar but somewhat faint when smoked.
All in all I give it a 2.5 Hopefully it'll get better after a good cure.

I'm not sure what's going on here. Maybe you guys can assist us. We've been trying different mediums to germinate in and the plant below is in 1/3 each of Peat-moss, Vermiculite, & Perlite. Since seedlings feed off of their petals for awhile I figured why have them in any type of nutrients until they have their first true leafs.

AFGHAN KUSH
(Auto) Day 1

IMG_00005917.jpg

Here's how she looks today which is Day 4 & she's been looking like this for the last two days; It's almost as if it decided to cease growing.

IMG_00006168.jpg

Any thoughts?

Is your seed in a rockwool cube? Looks like it's dry!

Is your seed in a rockwool cube? Looks like it's dry!
No, I've never had much success germinating in Rockwool nor Rapid Rooter cubes. We spray our seedling mediums 3 times daily. I've never had one stall once it starts growing.

Hopefully you're right Chimp. I was just curious if anyone has had a slow starter before since we're trying a new start-up medium.

I've had them start that slow Broke Ass.... The Purple #1 did it to me this time and you can still see the one sucker leaf on her that is funky,,,, She should outgrow it... Did you put any step 1 in the medium or anything? That would probably be a bit of a help next time and if you have any superthrive... mix a tiny bit of it in your next watering... if not just hold on and give her a minute....:circle-of-love:

I have seen what is happening to that seedling ... it may be a PH thing. I would not wait, I would pull it and put it in seedling medium.

BAR, BAR, BAR

:cheesygrinsmiley:

In your opinion what constitutes seedling medium Buck?

Our Purple #1 never sprouted Fifi.

Not every seed displays vigorous growth after germination, I have had several seeds that when germinated grew slower then others of the same strain germinated at the same time. I do not believe that the slow rate of growth you are seeing from your seedling is related to the growing medium consisting of peat moss, perlite and vermiculite. Does the type of peat moss that you are using are either pH stabilized or contain a calcium amendment?

That would be the PJ soil King... If he has all that mixed with ProMix HP or the likes with the stabilizer but the Purple #1 not popping and the way this one looks brings back memories of when I killed everything before my nap.... and I was using the Berger BM medium but it wasn't buffered and my pH was all over the place and burning everything up... King is certainly right about the difference in growths... My Purple #1 has been a real slow starter and she is the one that had the hat still on and I had to remove the membrane but she is still the smallest... Just sayin' and I don't know if I would repot her this small looking that weak either so IDK...:straightface:...:circle-of-love:

Does the type of peat moss that you are using are either pH stabilized or contain a calcium amendment?
I'm not really sure John. This is what we have.

IMG_20150113_215556.jpg
IMG_20150113_215337.jpg
IMG_20150113_215502.jpg
IMG_20150113_215415.jpg

The brand of peat moss does not mention a calcium source or pH stabilizer being added. I have had problems germinating cannabis seeds in Jiffy pellets that consist of peat moss without a calcium source or pH stabilizer before I switched to Rapid Rooter's for germinating seeds.

That is exactly what I was trying to say... Not near as well but that is it... They look and are acting exactly like mine did when I used the generic ProMix and didn't realize you had to add lime or some type of stabilizer... That is why I decided to just go back to soil.... I understand it better and don't have near the issues.... I'm so sorry Broke Ass....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom