New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK - Blue Planet Nutrie

Alright, so a decision has been made.

Test 3 will start on schedule.

All plants will be harvested on Fri/Sat

GDP will be 2 days early.
GFB will be harvested 10 days earlier than I originally gave them. I actually gave them an extra 2 weeks to really plump up, but they're coming out.
Blue Diesel will be harvested 14 days early.

This will empty the box by Sunday, giving me 1 full day, to fully and completely clean the inside of the box and the E&F systems in preparation for Test 3.

I have also set the timer to diminish light by 5 min/day until lights off Wednesday night, and not come on Thursday morning, thus plunging them into total darkness Wednesday night, until I return on Thurs/Fri. I've seen people all over doing 48 hours of darkness before harvest, and I figured I'd give it a try and see if lack of photosynthesis for that long removes the "green" taste and increase the sugars a little more than last harvest at roughly this same time. I know it's a week longer than last time, but we'll see what happens.

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK - Blue Planet Nutrie

Picture Day!
Week 8
Flower Times:
54.3 days tracking Blue Diesel - BD
54.3 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
54.3 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
63.3 days tracking Ken's Granddaddy Purple - GDP

Days Left:
-15.6 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
-15.6 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
-22.6 days tracking Blue Diesel - BD
-8.6 days tracking Ken's Granddaddy Purple - GDP

The headline for "Picture Day" posted on 05-12-2012 9:46AM should read
Picture Day!
Week 9​

I inadvertently posted week 8 and this is actually the end of week 9.

Hey Buddy!

I did 48 hours this last time. Honestly, not sure if I'd do it again. They were a little limp for my liking and the threat of mold kinda makes me paranoid - the humidity got a little higher than I like despite a few precautions, though I had no problems. I have done 24 hours in the past, and I think I like that better... BUT, good to try new things - keep it dry enough in there though if you do it. :thumb:

Oh, you talking about the nanners on the Blue Diesel? Nice pics, are you gonna shoot for making some fem seeds with the BD?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

You see that second photo of blue diesel you got there!

yeah Plant of the month!

FULL FLOWER and BUSTY!!!

I am a little excited
cant even lie
:yummy:

congrats on such a beautiful success.. as always

You really think so? POTM?

Hey Buddy!

I did 48 hours this last time. Honestly, not sure if I'd do it again. They were a little limp for my liking and the threat of mold kinda makes me paranoid - the humidity got a little higher than I like despite a few precautions, though I had no problems. I have done 24 hours in the past, and I think I like that better... BUT, good to try new things - keep it dry enough in there though if you do it. :thumb:

Yeah, got the extraction fan going full blast (190CFM for 64CF of space inside) in there already so RH will be around 35% for 2 days. should replace inside air about 3 times a minute or 180times/hour).

Oh, you talking about the nanners on the Blue Diesel? Nice pics, are you gonna shoot for making some fem seeds with the BD?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Nah, I don't want to make a bunch of seeds that could contaminate an entire SOG later this year. so I'm pulling them all next week.

Hey Buddy!

Yep...give them water to hold them over! :Namaste:

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2 - GDPScrOG Thing2 LST, and 2 pigmy GFB

HARVEST DAY!!

Alrighty folks! Harvested today and there is quite a bit. I got up early today after getting home late last night and opened the doors. I must have had a power failure while out camping because all of the smaller fan leaves on the GDP were wilted or dead. Max temp was 89F even with the lights off, and the RH had dropped to below 20%. The other plants still looked okay, though. I was so tired after camping that I forgot to take pics of the harvest!! Oh well, I'll have a "Dry Weight" in a couple of days. There were some really big nugs on the Blue Diesel, and a lot of popcorn in the GDP as I had expected. GDP was sticky as hell, though and the little GFB's were as dense as the first pigmies I harvested of that strain. Everything is drying as we speak and we should have the grow results in two days. Stay tuned. Sorry no pics.

HARVEST DAY!!

Alrighty folks! Harvested today and there is quite a bit. I got up early today after getting home late last night and opened the doors. I must have had a power failure while out camping because all of the smaller fan leaves on the GDP were wilted or dead. Max temp was 89F even with the lights off, and the RH had dropped to below 20%. The other plants still looked okay, though. I was so tired after camping that I forgot to take pics of the harvest!! Oh well, I'll have a "Dry Weight" in a couple of days. There were some really big nugs on the Blue Diesel, and a lot of popcorn in the GDP as I had expected. GDP was sticky as hell, though and the little GFB's were as dense as the first pigmies I harvested of that strain. Everything is drying as we speak and we should have the grow results in two days. Stay tuned. Sorry no pics.

Oh! Man, I looked at your other girls first and ugh! :smokin:

Sure glad these girls were not effected too much!

Congratulations !!!​

Oh! Man, I looked at your other girls first and ugh! :smokin:

Sure glad these girls were not effected too much!

Congratulations !!!

YAY! Thank you! Yeah, these girls were pretty much done when we left for the week, but I wanted to give them time for "couchlock". Although I don't like it much, as I prefer a more uplifting smoke for the depression fighting properties, she needed some smoke that would knock her out, or at least make her not care. Oblivion while dealing with daily monotony at work seems to be helped with the same, so, she got the lion's share this time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Our test of all the strains while camping was a swimming success, and I have VERY 'high' hopes for this harvest. We shall see how things are, when the stems snap.

I think that GDP (ScrOG) will deliver more hash material because of the fluffy undergrowth, but there were several nice buds at the top of the plant that should give some nice solid smoke.

The GFB (Pigmy) ended with a nice 18% amber trich count, just enough to be a sleep aide as well as a good headache med for me.

The Blue Diesel (LST) is by far the best of this harvest. There were 2 buds that just went absolutely crazy with growth that were as long as my hand and almost as wide, and felt to be a 1/4oz by themselves after the dry is complete. There was also some popcorn on the smaller stems, so hash material there, as well.

Final dry update in 2 days, and matrix to follow later.

Everything will be consolidated and posted in the main box journal as it was last time:

Trimmed the GDP today. With the Dehydration sometime while I was gone she was ready. The Blue Diesel and the GFB are not ready yet.

Total was 35.5g (1.27oz) but here's the kicker. ScrOG is NOT the style for this box, because 16.2g of that 1.27oz was TRIM and buds too small to really smoke. Only got 19.3g of true bud, the rest will be made into hash.

The good part is though, that is is very nice bud, although a little small, and already has that signature "purple" smell.
IMG_20120520_074051.jpg

IMG_20120520_074323.jpg

Test2_GDP_Close-up.jpg

GDP Smoke Report: Quick Dry

Nice, smooth, easy inhale. Still a bit green but already has strong, classic, GDP flavor. Bit of a creeper effect so I doubt the "Ken's Cut" lineage. Medium strength and you don't notice it's effect until you realize you've zoned on something for 15min. Nice couchlock, although that's not my bag.

Overall QUICK DRY rating: 5/10

Will improve with a proper cure.

GDP Smoke Report: Quick Dry

Nice, smooth, easy inhale. Still a bit green but already has strong, classic, GDP flavor. Bit of a creeper effect so I doubt the "Ken's Cut" lineage. Medium strength and you don't notice it's effect until you realize you've zoned on something for 15min. Nice couchlock, although that's not my bag.

Overall QUICK DRY rating: 5/10

Will improve with a proper cure.

Don't like couchlock eh? You know where to them. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom