New Flowerbox Test 1: Starting From Clones 4 x SD & 4 x GDP

PICTURE DAY!
Week 2 And all is going along nicely.

First: the Group Shot.
013012073214.jpg

Now some close-ups.

Of course, being the purple fanatic I am... Those are first.
013012073506.jpg

013012073950.jpg

013012074026.jpg

013012074048.jpg

013012073523.jpg

Next we have the <<GK>>
013012074103.jpg

013012073557.jpg

This is Thing2
013012073614.jpg

013012073626.jpg

SETI:
013012073814.jpg

013012073909.jpg

It looks like <<GK>> has a tiny bit of nute burn and she does. She was added straight from the co-op into the flower box, and a week later went on super veg nutes, getting ready for full flower nutes in one week. Because of this, she is now on the same nute schedule as the rest that started five days earlier. That will give the last six to eight weeks (minus the flush) in full flower goodness. Yes, I'm pushing her a bit, but I know for a fact that <<GK>> can handle the coaxing. The clone supplier actually starts his clones in not plain water, but a weak starter version of my same nutes. when she went into the box, she was on the exact schedule she was on the two weeks before, just one step up the scale, then three days later went to super veg, or transition stage (depending on how you look at it) nutes.

jungle_juice_mixing_instructions_bg.jpg

To better explain. she was on "Cuttings & Seedlings" when she came home, then stepped up to "General Purpose-Mild" when she went into the bin. Then later got burned a little by going up to "Transition to Bloom" with the rest of the clones. Next week they all go to "Blooming and Ripening" and will all be set for beautiful growth and flowers for the next five or six weeks untill I start the flush. Of course the time to start the flush depends on what they tell me in that time, and I'll just have to listen. Not rushing that part. As impatient as I am, harvest time (since I was a kid in Texas) is dictated by nature and should not be done early. Of course when it *IS* time it needs to be done now, like yesterday, now. 100 Acres done right frikkin now... not tomorrow... not this evening... Do it now!

Just looking healthy and happy! :thumb:

Looking good Jandre - we've all tanned the tips now and then. ;)

Thanks, friends. I've been reading about EC vs. PPM. I have a Hanna PPM Auto Calibration . . . Thoughts? I'm heading into the Flower and as I'm still using AN till I can get rid of it, I sometimes end up burning the tips, and if I back off, I get malnutrition. Sigh, actually I just might trash the Jungle Juice and hit Corey's site for some real nutes.

Thanks, friends. I've been reading about EC vs. PPM. I have a Hanna PPM Auto Calibration . . . Thoughts? I'm heading into the Flower and as I'm still using AN till I can get rid of it, I sometimes end up burning the tips, and if I back off, I get malnutrition. Sigh, actually I just might trash the Jungle Juice and hit Corey's site for some real nutes.

I think we got to the bottom of this one. I never mentioned this, but I went through a couple of grows with mine miscalibrated in a similar way. I didn't know that I had the wrong calibration solution (it was for a .5 meter, and mine was .7) I had things all screwy!

It wasn't really my fault though, as you've discovered, the companies who make these sometimes are terrible at making things clear. My hydro store at the time couldn't even tell me what calibration solution I needed or what the conversion factor was. If it seems like I've researched these things a bit, I did! I got sick of the confusion and lack of info and sought it out myself best I could. I do feel confident/comfortable with it being correctly calibrated now, but sheesh - it was like solving a puzzle for pete's sake. I have to say, now that I have the right solution and I understand it all better, the Oakton I have is a damn good meter - hardly ever goes out of calibration and has auto temp correction.

I think we got to the bottom of this one. I never mentioned this, but I went through a couple of grows with mine miscalibrated in a similar way. I didn't know that I had the wrong calibration solution (it was for a .5 meter, and mine was .7) I had things all screwy!

It wasn't really my fault though, as you've discovered, the companies who make these sometimes are terrible at making things clear. My hydro store at the time couldn't even tell me what calibration solution I needed or what the conversion factor was. If it seems like I've researched these things a bit, I did! I got sick of the confusion and lack of info and sought it out myself best I could. I do feel confident/comfortable with it being correctly calibrated now, but sheesh - it was like solving a puzzle for pete's sake. I have to say, now that I have the right solution and I understand it all better, the Oakton I have is a damn good meter - hardly ever goes out of calibration and has auto temp correction.

Mine was a little different, I was using the right CalFluid for this meter, so it was calibrated correctly. With the meter it says to get part# HI 70032 to calibrate it. However, because of the 500 conversion instead of the 700 conversion, I was bringing the PPM to the suggestion on the website, which was actually too much because my meter reads low, therefore I was burning them with nutes too strong, but my meter read that I had the PPM correct. You see what I'm saying? It's not a calibration problem, it's the wrong conversion that fookt me up.

PICTURE DAY​
Week 3 - Yes I know I'm a little late, but I've been busy setting up the other side of the box for Second Test Run - Not yet started - Clones Started 1/31/2012to start at the end of this month.

First, as always, the Group Shot:
020712184548.jpg

Also, as always, the GDP are next. They're doing nicely, get already getting pretty frosty.
020712184556.jpg

020712184602.jpg

020712184612.jpg

020712184847.jpg

020712184928.jpg
020712184902.jpg

Next we have Thing2 (unknown sativa) That plug in the background is to raise power for the lights and for the fan. I'm short a timer with a grounded outlet, so it has no power at the moment.
020712184621.jpg

Last but not least <<GK>>Migraine Meds.
020712184628.jpg

020712184912.jpg

I can change the conversion factor on mine. However xlr8 is right it not easy to figure out, took me months to understand the darn instructions.

Yeah, I can't change mine. I'll just have to keep my Calculator in hand when checking TDS and multiply the reading by 1.4 which will be the 0.7 factor.

Back
Top Bottom