New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK - Blue Planet Nutrie

Nowadays you get the shits if you jump in the rivers around here and get a little up your nose. Not to mention what could happen if you drink it! Plus, I worry for the munchkin, so we filter...

That's what the whiskey we packed in was for. Killed any bad bacteria we drank!

Re: New Flowerbox Test 2 - Starting from Clones - 7x GDP & 1x GK - Blue Planet Nutrie

Picture Day!
Week 7

So it seems that lack of water for a day or two because the timer for my pumps died really fookt the pistils. They all turned, but there are more being put out, as you will see. I'm glad they had the "pond" I designed into the bottoms to tide them over in cases like this. It will look like they are done for a while, then you will see that fresh green hairs are poking through. Flowers are fragile little things in any plant, I don't know why I thought any different about cannabis, nor why I was surprised to see all turned hairs. They are recovering from the setback quite well, although growth was stunted for a couple of days.

Also, the 40-day defoliation went off without a hitch. Well, okay, there was a hitch. The dehydration made it EXTREMELY easy to take fan leaves off. The sugar leaves were not effected. These plants will do anything to protect reproduction, it seems. From what I could tell, the plants actually sucked moisture from the fans to support the flowers and soon after most of the fans died off. This made defoliation a breeze, and only took me about an hour to do all 4 plants.

Flower Times:
43.4 days tracking Blue Diesel - BD
43.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
43.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
52.4 days tracking Ken's Granddaddy Purple - GDP

Days Left:
-19.5 days tracking Ken's Granddaddy Purple - GDP
-26.5 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
-26.5 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
-33.5 days tracking Blue Diesel - BD

Momma GDP:
IMG_20120501_090035.jpg
IMG_20120501_090133.jpg

IMG_20120501_090237.jpg

Green Fluffy Bunnies:
IMG_20120501_090252.jpg
IMG_20120501_090404.jpg
IMG_20120501_090434.jpg
IMG_20120501_090519.jpg
IMG_20120501_090531.jpg

Blue Diesel:
IMG_20120501_090333.jpg
IMG_20120501_090545.jpg
IMG_20120501_090615.jpg

Hi Jandre,

Great pics!!! I'll have to go read from the start...I got here from another journal thru your link to the camping trip. Sounds like many a camping trip I've been on in my life :rofl: At least you had a couple good days, and sounds like you made several memories...how old is the munchkin? If you don't mind saying. will they remember it?

Hi Jandre,

Great pics!!! I'll have to go read from the start...I got here from another journal thru your link to the camping trip. Sounds like many a camping trip I've been on in my life :rofl: At least you had a couple good days, and sounds like you made several memories...how old is the munchkin? If you don't mind saying. will they remember it?

SQWHEELS!! Welcome, welcome!! You know... I have most of my links in my sig... lol. I hope you enjoy your read-through. And thank you for the compliment.

The Munchkin? She's 3... Oh, yes, she'll remember... and already looking forward to the next one, starting 13th this month. And if all goes well there will be another next month as well, if My Beloved's mgmt approves the V-Time.

jandre... im curious about your inline fan setup, 6in yes? i have a cooltube hood that is ready and needing a filter and fan to pull air thru it. anyhow, if its a 6, is it very loud? i grow in a spare bathroom , and noise is an issue. i already have an air pump runnin 8 stones and its pushin the limit i think for noise. odor control was an issue last grow, id like to do better withit this run... thanks...

also, i like the bending, thats a style i want to try and i think i have a clone that i could try it with

jandre... im curious about your inline fan setup, 6in yes? i have a cooltube hood that is ready and needing a filter and fan to pull air thru it. anyhow, if its a 6, is it very loud? i grow in a spare bathroom grower, and noise is an issue. i already have an air pump runnin 8 stones and its pushin the limit i think for noise. odor control was an issue last grow, id like to do better withit this run... thanks...

also, i like the bending, thats a style i want to try and i think i have a clone that i could try it with

Good question, thank you for asking! Actually the fan I have is very quiet itself. However air moving is never quiet. you can definately hear that, but vibration noise is minimal. Whatever you do, when you get your fan, get one with a vibro cover, and to mount it use bushing mounts, sort of a bolt that attaches to your bracket and has rubber bumpers holding it suspended off the mounting surface. This will make the noise from the fan very minimal. As for the noise from the air, I can show you how to build a baffle if you need to sort of muffle the 15-20MPH wind coming out of your tent.

Follow this link for what your fan should look like, minus the bushings, those were added later.

The Challenge: Cardboard Flowering Box

your plants look better wilted then mine do alive and healthy!

Last time I went camping it was -20 overnight so I have no pitty for you in the rain lol
Was my own damn fault. I thought snowmachining and camping overnight would be a cool trip.....it was cool alright :rollingeyes:

So your LST training?

your plants look better wilted then mine do alive and healthy!

Last time I went camping it was -20 overnight so I have no pitty for you in the rain lol
Was my own damn fault. I thought snowmachining and camping overnight would be a cool trip.....it was cool alright :rollingeyes:

So your LST training?

HAHAHAAAhhhhaaaa----ahem.... Yeah... LST... Low Stress Training... I won't be doing that again in this particular hydro setup... As you can see from the Blue diesel, it was a massive failure. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I had nothing to anchor to or use as a guide, so it just went haywire. If I do any other branch manipulation, it will be more like the GDP in the future, but that won't be for at least 43 weeks. I have the Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG - With Blue Planet Nutrients starting the week after I come back from the camping trip this month. I will be harvesting the GDP on the 18th through the 21st depending on her.

OH! speaking of... I will also be taking another paid camping trip coming on 10 June... She has a total of 10 days off next month and has the V-Time approved, so... we're getting the hell out of the city again... again... And it's due... We haven't had true vacation time in years. So she's ruthless in applying for the time this year She just got upped to three weeks this year and she is "...taking it, god damnit!" Her words not mine. She vows to not let them pay her out for one single day.

Van Halen: Right now

Don't wanna wait 'til tomorrow
Why put it off another day?
One by one, little problems
Build up and stand in our way, oh

One step ahead, one step behind it
Now ya gotta run to get even
Make future plans, I'll dream about yesterday, hey
Come on turn, turn this thing around

(Right now)
Hey! It's your tomorrow
(Right now)
Come on, it's everything
(Right now)
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything...

Scope is working great! Nice! I see a touch of amber in there!:bravo:

The local Hotel is where go camping! :circle-of-love:

Yeah, that touch of amber is from the GFB... I've realized that my cut of the GFB expresses the indica side. Not what I wanted. 49 Days, and starting to show signs of finishing at the same time as the GDP that was started 9 days earlier. Ugh.... I thought my last harvest felt a little heavy... Oh well, time to start a small selective back breeding to get the pheno that expresses Sativa and then grow that out.

LOL! Motel 6 as opposed to the Ramada is roughing it!

Picture Day!
Week 8​

Good day, good day!! Hello all of 420Magazine. Well, well, here we find ourselves in Week 8 and nearing the end of this test. With the exception of one little timer mishap, things have gone swimmingly. It seems that my reflector concept, however, did not help the lower buds much at all under the canopy of the Grandaddy Purple. I didn't think it would, but I thought it was worth a try anyway. When I removed it today for flushing, I found some black and green mold on the underside, and it looked as though it had snowed on the top of the hydrotone because of some whitish mold. I removed the top layer and am sterilizing it now.

I also started "the flush" today for the GDP as well since we only have about two weeks left. I will start the same on the other side before I go camping this month and when I return, it should be time to harvest the GDP. Hopefully the time away will keep me from getting impatient and cutting a bud and sampling. I may take a smaller bud before camping, though, just so we can enjoy some nice home-grown while out. What a nice little time that would be. Place the paper bag up in the back window to help stave off mold on the way up since it's a three and a half hour trip, and set it in the tent's overhead mesh once we get camp set up and the tent pitched.

Flower Times:
49.4 days tracking Blue Diesel - BD
49.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
49.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
58.4 days tracking Ken's Granddaddy Purple - GDP

Days Left:
-13.5 days tracking Ken's Granddaddy Purple - GDP
-20.5 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
-20.5 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies-Clone - GFB
-27.5 days tracking Blue Diesel - BD

Momma GDP:

Green Fluffy Bunnies:

Blue Diesel:

LOL! that looks a frikkin' mess! I couldn't hope to pass this off as an LST tut!

Damn perfectionist! :circle-of-love:

I though it worthy...but who am I? :smokin:

Damn perfectionist! :circle-of-love:

I though it worthy...but who am I? :smokin:

hehehe, you're the OldMedMan, of course! I'm the perfectionist... and that LST Debacle is not even close enough to be called nearly perfect. That's 5 broken limbs and a broken central stalk, so I laid everything over to make a mat. That's not LST, that's something that could be one of those woven doormats. :rofl: but that's just my feelings.

My usual LST is a nice, wide circle with many branches reaching toward the sky. Sometimes I even make a :peace: with the main stalk and two big branches, so when I trim, I have something to hang on the wall. That to me looks like a dead aquatic plant left too shallow in an aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom