Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

Looks like your 'J-K' herbs are getting started. I seen you was having trouble with your PH pen. I got one of them cheapies for like 8$. But I don't really have much use for it right now growing in soil and all. But I did do acouple hydro grows abit back and that pen worked great and still is. It bearly losses calibration unles it sits for a week or so. Funny I looked to see what prices been doing with them. Cheapest is 8$ from China. And I seen the same pen being sold in NM for 69$. Damn we all in the wrong business I think. Thats a hella mark up.
Jandre I'm going to go speed read thru acouple grows you got going on. Hope your Kush works into so killer weed. Pretty soon I need to try acouple seeds I started. I got Bubba Kush X Skunk, and Bubba Kush X Special Queen. I didn't get but 4 seeds out of my last seed venture. I think the pollen was alittle weak. I did leave it in the garage in some foil. I hear ya on cost effective way of starting clones. I'd say Areo unless you are growing in dirt. Hey then you can just start clones straight in dirt, if you have a easy clonable plant. GL with your Kush I'll go looking Keepem Green

Always looking good man.

hey X,My medium consists of 4 parts perlite,4 parts pete,3 parts pea gravel and 2 parts vermiculite.I use this for sprouting seeds,starting clones and for plant growth.Been using this same medium for over 20 years.Works well inside or out.Also ,sorry I don't post much but I have read all your journals and many others.I'm here every day for the last three years.I have checked out a couple other sites but 420 is the place to be.Thanks to all 420 members for there journals and very usefull information.:thanks::peace:

Hi Evo -

Cool - thanks for sharing that. There's a real benefit to limiting the handling/transplanting of clones and seedlings, and that mix seems like it would be a nice airy medium to work with, so I've no doubt that's working well for you. 20 years! That's some experience, now I wish you posted more often, as I'm betting you have a lot of valuable knowledge gained over that time.

I've always appreciated that you've followed my journals (and others as you mentioned) since the beginning, even though you don't post much. I always notice the "likes" and have appreciated knowing you are along for the ride. In fact, I remember smiling the first "like" I saw from you in my newest journal - you're like a really quiet old friend by now, and I liked knowing you were still around! I'm going to take this opportunity to officially say thanks to you for being there and wading through all my many ramblings, haha! :thanks:

Jandre - sorry for highjacking a bit. Cool on the new camera - it always takes a while to get those sort of things dialed in (at least for me). Nice update, and I even saw a peek of the supercropped plant sneaking in from the right there. ;) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hey Jandre I got a camera like 2 years ago and I still can't work it. You'll get it under control I know. Looking foreward to some good pictures. Keepem Green

hey X,My medium consists of 4 parts perlite,4 parts pete,3 parts pea gravel and 2 parts vermiculite.I use this for sprouting seeds,starting clones and for plant growth.Been using this same medium for over 20 years.Works well inside or out.Also ,sorry I don't post much but I have read all your journals and many others.I'm here every day for the last three years.I have checked out a couple other sites but 420 is the place to be.Thanks to all 420 members for there journals and very usefull information.:thanks::peace:

would peat moss do instead of full blown peat? peat is a precious comodity and demand is outstripping supply.

would peat moss do instead of full blown peat? peat is a precious comodity and demand is outstripping supply.

howdy Gig I use peat moss in my soil mix. it holds water and helps buffer ph (well I read the last part as I dont test ph)

from my understanding, peat is an ultimate anerobic compost, sphagnum moss(spelling) is great at airation and water retention and peat moss is somewhere in the middle, but too close to the surface to be properly anerobic.

i wonder if you could get a load of peat moss and put it in an aerobic composter for a while and come pretty close to real peat.

composting is after all just a quick and dirty method of the anairobic equivelant.

I have used different types of pete without alot of difference in growth.My mix is light and airy because of the perlite and other aditives.The enviroment that you provide is #1.Then fertz.And of course listen to your plants.Keeping things as simple as possible has always worked for me.:peace:

I donot PH either.WAS on well water. Now on city water.I still donot PH.As long as plants continue to do well I will not.But I have been considering some of Corey's firtz for late in bloom.:peace:I am curious if they would give a little more swell near the end.

Mild Irritation:

I'm looking over my girls as I do every night, and I see a leaf with some very small spots... Tiny spots. Some yellow and some brown.

I grab the clippers, cut it off, and bring it in close to have a better look. The I get out the microscope to confirm my irritation. Fucking Spider Mites.

As the saying goes, "If you're a grower, it's not 'IF' you get spider mites, it's 'WHEN'. So, be prepared for it to happen to you."

Luckily, SNS in their MOTM package sent me some of their wonderful SNS: 217 Spider Mite Control. So I head to the storage closet and break the seal on that stuff and spray the hydrotone first, then up the stems, then turn the ANY DIRECTION SPRAYER upside-down and spray the underside of the leaves, working my way to the top of the plants, making sure that I saturate EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY of each plant. Then when I'm done going up, I move to the topside and spray downward working my way through the plants' leaves and back down to the hydrotone again... Then I spray my walls surrounding the plants, and everything around them for about a foot.

God Damn little bugs...

I have some cigs in water right now as we speak for my own spider mite recipe, if this stuff runs out before they're gone. I've got them early enough that I don't think I'll have a problem, but still... better safe than sorry.

Mild Irritation:

I'm looking over my girls as I do every night, and I see a leaf with some very small spots... Tiny spots. Some yellow and some brown.

I grab the clippers, cut it off, and bring it in close to have a better look. The I get out the microscope to confirm my irritation. Fucking Spider Mites.

As the saying goes, "If you're a grower, it's not 'IF' you get spider mites, it's 'WHEN'. So, be prepared for it to happen to you."

Luckily, SNS in their MOTM package sent me some of their wonderful SNS: 217 Spider Mite Control. So I head to the storage closet and break the seal on that stuff and spray the hydrotone first, then up the stems, then turn the ANY DIRECTION SPRAYER upside-down and spray the underside of the leaves, working my way to the top of the plants, making sure that I saturate EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY of each plant. Then when I'm done going up, I move to the topside and spray downward working my way through the plants' leaves and back down to the hydrotone again... Then I spray my walls surrounding the plants, and everything around them for about a foot.

God Damn little bugs...

I have some cigs in water right now as we speak for my own spider mite recipe, if this stuff runs out before they're gone. I've got them early enough that I don't think I'll have a problem, but still... better safe than sorry.

man that sucks ass, sounds like you got the big guns to hand tho..good stuff.

i did come across this that may help us all with various things like reppeling bugs and keeping reses cool and improving yields from bottom lighting.

this isnt the article i read in detail, i seem to have lost it for now, but it went into great detail about different colour mulches.
i was actually looking into the fact/fiction of red reflectives improving yields in flower.

About Silver Plastic Mulch | eHow.com

Mild Irritation:

God Damn little bugs...

As you know i'm well versed in killing spider mites. Hate them lil fuckers. I'm still battling them but it's a down hill fight at the moment. I went at them with force. Even though I still see nothing moving i still spray my plants every couple of days. After two weeks I'll back down to spraying once a week.

I have been away for the most part for a week now. Good to see we came back at the same time! Love seeing you around Jandre!!

jesus whats next locust, what the hell is going on with all these critter stories?
everyday they are attacking someone else.
yall are scaring the poop out of me:thedoubletake::bitingnails:

Sorry to hear 'bout the critters J. At least I know I didn't give to you from my journal. That "mighty wash" stuff I used as a dip for the young-ins' stopped them dead I lost a few leaves but small price to pay. After first use I saw nothing else but still applied two more times every other day, after a week so far so good. I have the SNS 203 for gnats its keeping them under control but not total wipe out yet, I think they come in through the rock walls from outside so winter come to New England soon!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom