Obi's Aurora Indica - Indoor - T5 - Perlite Hempy

I'll get some pics during this evening's feed. I thought I may had gone a little overboard with pics during my last grow so I eased up, lol.

/Obi

Off topic comment for followers. I have no problem acknowledging and owning my mistakes. With that in mind I have a very short story.

My first try growing sweet corn I mis-read the germination instructions and instead of burying the seeds 1-2" below the surface I buried them 1-2'. I though it seemed deep. That was a shitty crop.

The End.

It's good to be able to laugh at your own mistakes. I've busted branches off plants, split them in half, and harvested too early. I could learn from others mistakes, but I like to make my own lol

Off topic comment for followers. I have no problem acknowledging and owning my mistakes. With that in mind I have a very short story.

My first try growing sweet corn I mis-read the germination instructions and instead of burying the seeds 1-2" below the surface I buried them 1-2'. I though it seemed deep. That was a shitty crop.

The End.

My first try growing corn (on going)
I interplanted with sunflowers and seeded with white clover after they sprouted for weed control.

At 3 weeks they looked like great little 9 inch plants
At 3 months they still look like little 9 inch plants.
Seems planting at the far end of the yard where the height will look good doesn't matter when the whole backyard barely gets 4 hours of Sun on a good day.

Can't grow corn in a forest meadow. !!!

Log Date:
08/08/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):8d (1w)
Flower Days (Weeks):0d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):8d (1w)
Health:Pale Green
Canopy Temp Max: 86F/30C
Canopy Temp Min:73F/23C
Ceiling Temp Avg:80F/27
Floor Temp Avg:82F/28C
RH Min:27%
RH Max:
55%
Water Type:
Distilled
GH Flora-Grow:
5ml
GH Flora-Micro:4ml
GH Flora-Bloom:1ml
pH:5.8
PPM:1100
Light Schedule:
18/6

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Blue 6500K

Notes: Added 5ml of CaliMagic to the feeding tonight. Last nute feeding the Bloom measurement should read 1ml not 10ml.

/Obi

You're right PeytonManning. I didn't think to check the mobile app and I use it from time to time, too.

Evidently it doesn't like to render tables.

The plants still seem a little pale green to me. The pictures are not the best, I know. The T5 interference makes it difficult to recognize what is a shadow vs darker green area :/ Yet, they are growing vigorously. The visual difference in 3 days from the 8/5 to 8/8 is remarkable.

A couple side by side pics:

/Obi

Nice work Obi :goodjob: I like the charts as well. I was wondering your light is 432 watts 54 per bulb, 40000 lumens? I ask because I saw this one T5 HO with 95 watts per bulb. :peace::popcorn:

Nice work Obi :goodjob: I like the charts as well. I was wondering your light is 432 watts 54 per bulb, 40000 lumens? I ask because I saw this one T5 HO with 95 watts per bulb. :peace::popcorn:

In t5 ho bulbs, 95 would be 95 color rendering index (CRI) which means it's a 2700k color light.
80 watt is the highest watt for t5 ho, the best 2700k/6000k are at 54w.

Wikipedia has this under t5 fluorescent

Hey Obi subscribed - This is a really interesting grow for me. I had to go watch a YouTube video about 'hempy' and it was really interesting, but I'm still not understanding your medium or watering needs (?!!?) Looks like a good plan and good progress though! :bravo:

I decided on LED from the start even though it looks like overkill for one stressed sprout! But, I have other plans after this practice run. Hope it works well because it's low heat and saves on the E bill :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't wait to see more......

Ok They have a T5 VHO 95 watt 7200 lumens. I did not notice the V for VHO, sorry. I was just trying to figure out Obi Wans total lumens, as I enjoy watching the show. :peace::nomo: I am super interested in yield per watt on this grow.
Obi Wan keep up the good work and may the growth be with you.

Ok They have a T5 VHO 95 watt 7200 lumens. I did not notice the V for VHO, sorry. I was just trying to figure out Obi Wans total lumens, as I enjoy watching the show. :peace::nomo: I am super interested in yield per watt on this grow.
Obi Wan keep up the good work and may the growth be with you.

Grow Jr, my apologies and I stand corrected.
I was trying to figure out the meaning of 95watt and I totally missed the VHO category.
I wasn't trying to school you, but it came off arrogant like that.

I went to Google and see HO is much better lumens per watt/less heat and VHO may have better light penetration.

Thanks for educating me.

Well cool, so the 95 watt will be hotter. I am trying to figure out if the increase in watts equals lumens value. Never thought of penetration value. Just trying to gain some knowledge :scratchinghead:
Radogast Hey no problem, I am new so I am not explaining my self well. :peace:
Obi Wan looking good :thumb:

Hey guys and gals, I'm back. I took a little time off to unplug and decompress. I've been out of town with the fam getting in some camping, canoeing and a bit of hiking.

Good grief am I sore, lol. Either from sleeping directly on the terra firma or paddling around with muscles I evidently seldom use I now have a new respect for muscle and joint pain, hehe :)

The T5 I am using came equipped with 54 watt 6500k bulbs. The flower bulbs I purchased locally are 4000k and, If I recall correctly, they are a few watts less. I will verify that this evening.

I've got some catching up to do!
/Obi

Subscribed Obi Wan, looking great. I'm really liking your charts. Can you take a picture of your room so I can see your atmosphere and how you do it? I'm a rookie.

Log Date:
08/10/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):10d (1w)
Flower Days (Weeks):00d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):10d (1w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 90F/32C
Canopy Temp Min:78F/26C
Ceiling Temp Avg:82F/28C
Floor Temp Avg:83F/28C
RH Min:27%
RH Max:
55%
Water Type:
None
GH Flora-Grow:
00ml
GH Flora-Micro:00ml
GH Flora-Bloom:00ml
pH:0.0
PPM:0000
Light Schedule:
18/6

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Blue 6500K

Notes: A quick visual update upon return from my wilderness excursion.

There's some nice growth that happened over the weekend. I was really concerned about the length time between watering and the heat (we shut the air conditioning off while we were out of town) at their young age. I was going to water last night but since the plants look to be doing so well I will hold off for a day or so. I really wasn't expecting their color to return or growth to look so normal, lol. Maybe the roots hit the bottom of the buckets. Each bucket weights quite a bit (I'll get a weight tonight) so there is a good amount of moisture in there somewhere.

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom