Obi's Aurora Indica - Indoor - T5 - Perlite Hempy

My "senior moments" excuse for things that escape me is being used with increasing frequency lately.
/Obi

:thumb:

I'm with you on that brother Obi.

And, I like reading all the calculations going on with this grow. I used to be "Top Ten" business math in my state and went on to nail several statistics courses when I got my masters degree. :slide:

Now I'm hanging loose and growing medical jane in a spare closet! I miss the "old days" some, but hanging loose is growing on me. (see what I did there..."growing"...) I have to say I have a pang of envy for that sweet grow set up you've got. Maybe someday when I move out of this small town...

In the mean time I'm gonna keep enjoying your journal!

:high-five:

An overdue grow room update and maintenance coming this evening. I can't put it off any longer.

I know its cliché but I'm gonna say it... work and life have been so busy lately that I haven't had a lot of time to manage my plants and update the journal with grow info. I haven't really done anything, though :/

I've been keeping an eye on things and watching for signs of stress or ailment daily. Right now it seems the less I do the better off they are. Color, health and vigor seem to be right in the green zone.

Another force may be at play. All the things breaking at work this week, occupying my time, keeping me away from the grow box. Is it a curse or a blessing in disguise?

I have a short trip planned again. This weekend is our family's annual wing fest and BBQ where everyone is encouraged to bring their own secret recipe to grill up, deep fry or wood fire. Yum.

/Obi

Hey man, there's always a period in each of my grows where I just go in there a couple times a day and stare...that's it. I disappointedly look at it as a good thing too, as long as the plants flourish. If they do, then consider that...the force, working in your favor.

:Namaste:

Sometimes the best thing we can do when we've done everything else is get out of nature's way and let her do her work. We all go through those times.

Obi Wan, ol' great one,

Went back and read your post #73 again about where the liquid is stored. I also did a little test on my grow, and actually wrote something down for a change.

I got 4 liters of water from my 5 gal water jug out in the shed. Took it in the house and measured out 4 liters again just to be accurate.Poured that in the watering can. Went to finish watching Need for Speed and came back to water at 8:11 pm , Aug 13. Did a quick with a flashlight at 10:30 pm to see how much came out. There was just a very small amount that came out, so I stuck something in the drain hole to see if was clogged. No more water came out. Gave the bucket a tip test the next morning, Aug 14 and water did come out.

Before flip on Aug 2, I had been adding 2 liters water or nute solution, and would always see some drainage. Gave another tip test this morning at 9:00 am, the 15th, at lights on, and not a drop came out. Moved the bucket so I could really crank it over and still not a drop came out. I don't know where the heck 4 liters of water went in that short period of time, but it ain't in the bucket or the drip pan. Will feed again tonight with another 4 liters and see how long it takes for that to disappear. Bottom of drain is at 2.5 inches. I think Gov told me he did 2.25, but I thought I should give a little more with 5er.

I'll try not to muck up your journal anymore with my junk, just thought it would be good to know when you reach this point.

Log Date:
08/15/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):15d (2w)
Flower Days (Weeks):00d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):15d (2w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 85F/29C
Canopy Temp Min:73F/23C
Ceiling Temp Avg:79F/26
Floor Temp Avg:78/25C
RH Min:30%
RH Max:
56%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
5ml
GH Flora-Micro:4ml
GH Flora-Bloom:1ml
pH:5.7
PPM:1090
Light Schedule:
18/6

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Blue 6500K

Notes: Added 5ml/Gal CaliMagic. Fed 1 Gal equally between the three plants. Signs of stretch starting.

/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Looking good sir! So neat and clean and well labeled.

I'm very impressed with your attention to detail, everything is neat and clean. Well managed grow my friend, the girls are looking awesome. :bravo:

Ah, children. First they're born then before you know it, they're walking, talking and asking for the car keys. Your kids are gonna start looking at boys before you know it.

lmao...sciencey

Yep. It's a technical term you see! Radogast, you always bring a smile to my face or a chuckle to my belly.

Thanks everyone for the complements and feedback. It means a great deal :)

I have some catching up to do again. I'm looking forward to seeing what people have been up to this weekend.

Cheers everyone,
/Obi Wan

Log Date:
08/19/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):19d (2w)
Flower Days (Weeks):00d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):19d (2w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 84F/29C
Canopy Temp Min:72F/22C
Ceiling Temp Avg:78F/25C
Floor Temp Avg:79/26C
RH Min:32%
RH Max:
55%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
5ml
GH Flora-Micro:5ml
GH Flora-Bloom:1ml
pH:5.8
PPM:1100
Light Schedule:
18/6

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Blue 6500K

Notes: Added 5ml/Gal CaliMagic. I prepared 2 gallons of nute mix and distributed it evenly between all three plants. No run off. I think perhaps next watering I will use pH'd RO water and water until I fill up the res and get run off. Topped all three plants today.

/Obi

I think the evening's maintenance session went well. I thought I had more RO water on hand. It turned out I only had the two gallons. I wanted to feed until the reservoirs filled and overflowed. Instead I simply settled for rationing it equally between each plant. I'd like to get a feel for actual uptake soon. I s'pose I could use the next watering (plain pH'd water) to fill them up with a mini flush.

The topping seemed pretty straight forward. I did clean the clippers with ISO before and in between cuttings. I am anxious to see how they respond.

I have supplies on hand to build a ScrOG screen. I'll get that crafted and installed ASAP now that they are topped and soon to be ready for some LST. I really want to try to train this canopy flat.

Cheers,
Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Back
Top Bottom