OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2

hey buddy, i love the 12/12 idea as you know im a big fan of sog, if you need to veg try the gas lantern routine its a 12/12 cycle with 1 change in the middle of the dark cycle you run 1 hour of light,it prevents them from flowering, saves $$ and the plants will grow like crazy, my newest plants have been on glr since the second week, and are as big at 5 weeks as i have ever seen!! they look amazing to imho, that romantic news is great news indeed!:love: love heals many ailments ,glad to hear Jo is feeling better great news!
well till next time :peace::love: and flower power lol

LOVE HEALS MANY AILMENTS ???!!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
man......all that shit seems to do for me is, wreck my cars, empty my bank account, sue me for homes, and take my damned cats.
You got one that heals ?
No shit???
WOW ! Good for you !
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:thumb:
Love ya chirrins
:)

Hey there Old Med Man,
I don't drop by to often here at 420 but when I do I look forward to not only your fantastic way to teach with your great journals but more so I feel like I am setting in the family room of a good friend enjoying good company...and for that I thank you sir.

I am glad to see you got through December and very happy you are feeling better and if I remember back a few pages ago you had a few girls that had sludge in the roots.

...In my last grow I had got the last few bags of FoxFarm from my nursery and noticed it seemed heavier.And to my dismay ( which came later of course ) I found that by being at the bottom of the pallet it had retained all of the water run off from the bags above which ruined the Perlite...Long story short I lost 2 SuperSilverhaze to sludgy smelly soil do to water retention....Shame really for what small yield I did get and premature at that was pretty nice.This go around bags where right off the top and back to normal but trying Smart Pots this time so finding that water balance has been fun.....

Anywho just thought I would drop by a learn a bit and say hello....Take care sir. :thumb:

hey buddy, i love the 12/12 idea as you know im a big fan of sog, if you need to veg try the gas lantern routine its a 12/12 cycle with 1 change in the middle of the dark cycle you run 1 hour of light,it prevents them from flowering, saves $$ and the plants will grow like crazy, my newest plants have been on glr since the second week, and are as big at 5 weeks as i have ever seen!! they look amazing to imho, that romantic news is great news indeed!:love: love heals many ailments ,glad to hear Jo is feeling better great news!

Just to add to that, all my mothers, and all cuttings I take see GLR or 12-1. I was surprised at the health and vigor increase when I switched form 16/8 to 12-1. I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't know about it. Basically, they get 12 hours of light, 5.5 hours of dark, 1 hour of light, then another 5.5 hours of dark in a 24 hour cycle. The one hour of light between the 5.5 hours of dark is enough to break the flower hormone down to keep your plants from flowering. and gives them a much longer rest period in darkness.

Judging from what I've seen in my own plants, it has worked wonders! I think that you could also benefit from the 5 hour reduction in running your lights to veg.

Just to add to that, all my mothers, and all cuttings I take see GLR or 12-1. I was surprised at the health and vigor increase when I switched form 16/8 to 12-1.
I don't dare give my 2+year old Pineapple Express strain any darkness what-so-ever, until I want to go-go. Suckas have preflowers all over them, like a bull elephant in 'must' wears perfume. I don't mess wit dat!

Hey Uncle O, so you had a slimy critter in your soil...no wonder :lot-o-toke:

It's nice to hear you and aunt Jo are in good spirits with each other...:circle-of-love: hope things stay like that and she doesn't kick your plants around when you do something to tick'er off :yikes:. lol

SoG can work real nice for you my friend as long as you can keep up with the harvesting...

I just put 2 of those Vantage clones up in the flower room, I'll be harvesting once a month from now on.

Hey Sisco! Yep, a few slimy varmints. YuK!

That's one of the big changes.....she talks to me if I bother her. Not the stomp my plants to death behavior she was doing before!
:circle-of-love:

I was sent Vintage instead of Vantage......out of 5 one popped so that's what I will grow.

:high-five: Harvesting I'm good at ! :high-five:

Hey OMM, yeah, 12/12 from seed is way different from 12/12 from clone. For the first 3 weeks the seeds are growing roots and getting "mature". They should show sex around the 3rd or 4th week. Should finish between 2.5 and 3.5 feet tall, I've only done untopped and plan for a main stem/cola and 4-6 side colas. If they get too stretchy, supercrop the top to slow them down. Tie the side branches to the main stem to keep them from spreading out, keep the plants close together to maximize light (think 420fied). Use about a 1.3-2.1 gallon airpot to conserve some soil. If you are feeding them (not running supersoil) don't be afraid to defoliate to allow light penetration. I would expect a minimum of an oz per plant under a 600, 2-3 with great conditions and a 1000 watt. DocBud did some hempy/OC+ runs last year where he compared 12/12 from seed to having some veg before the flip....I don't think you will have the light to do the veg first.

Hi OG13.

I am germinating my indica s right now. That way they will have a bit of time to veg, as per your advice. The logistics of this is tripping me out. Thank goodness for spreadsheets. I've never grown so many different strains at once. This is going to be fun.....I think it's going to fun anyway!
I haven't got to the part where Doc Bud talks about the number of colas yet.
Still reading......
I have 1.32 gallon air pots, so that is what I'm going to use. Since it's airpots that should be like a 2 gal pot. I gave you the wrong measurement of my tray. It's 12 sq ft. So I should have room. I was thinking of tying them up, so as not to crowd the others, so we are on track with that.
I saw how sqwheels did hers for defoliation and will try to copy it. Oh! I veg in a different room with CFLs. Two in there already...a S.A.G.E. and a Vintage.
Looks like timing is going to be a bit critical. I'm really looking forward to doing this! :thanks:

Hey BigDoode! I know you are Buddy. THsea has been taking about gas lantern to me so I may give it a try. Would be tricky setting up a timer for that, but I may try it. If it's not on a timer, I think I would blow it. I keep strange hours. As most Stoners do! :thanks:

LOVE HEALS MANY AILMENTS ???!!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
man......all that shit seems to do for me is, wreck my cars, empty my bank account, sue me for homes, and take my damned cats.
You got one that heals ?
No shit???
WOW ! Good for you !
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:thumb:
Love ya chirrins
:)

:bravo::lot-o-toke::cheesygrinsmiley::rofl::grinjoint: My first two did all that stuff!
Jo is healing in more ways than one. It's strange talking to her again, but fun!
She hasn't been rude to my plants in a while now! :high-five:

Hey there Old Med Man,
I don't drop by to often here at 420 but when I do I look forward to not only your fantastic way to teach with your great journals but more so I feel like I am setting in the family room of a good friend enjoying good company...and for that I thank you sir.

I am glad to see you got through December and very happy you are feeling better and if I remember back a few pages ago you had a few girls that had sludge in the roots.

...In my last grow I had got the last few bags of FoxFarm from my nursery and noticed it seemed heavier.And to my dismay ( which came later of course ) I found that by being at the bottom of the pallet it had retained all of the water run off from the bags above which ruined the Perlite...Long story short I lost 2 SuperSilverhaze to sludgy smelly soil do to water retention....Shame really for what small yield I did get and premature at that was pretty nice.This go around bags where right off the top and back to normal but trying Smart Pots this time so finding that water balance has been fun.....

Anywho just thought I would drop by a learn a bit and say hello....Take care sir. :thumb:

What nice thing to say Believer! That's what I shoot for, people feeling at home here.

I quit using Ocean Forest for reasons like that. It is also very hot at times. It seems inconsistent, so all I use in Happy Frog. So far no problems. Shame you lost 2 SSH. Bummer. :smokin: Lots of folks using those smart pots now with good success, glad you like them.

Thanks for taking the time to come by...see you soon! :bravo:

Just to add to that, all my mothers, and all cuttings I take see GLR or 12-1. I was surprised at the health and vigor increase when I switched form 16/8 to 12-1. I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't know about it. Basically, they get 12 hours of light, 5.5 hours of dark, 1 hour of light, then another 5.5 hours of dark in a 24 hour cycle. The one hour of light between the 5.5 hours of dark is enough to break the flower hormone down to keep your plants from flowering. and gives them a much longer rest period in darkness.

Judging from what I've seen in my own plants, it has worked wonders! I think that you could also benefit from the 5 hour reduction in running your lights to veg.

Hey My Buddy! See my answer to Bigirishdoode about GRL. At the moment I am doing soooooo many new things in the coming grow I don't want to have too many to take care of. Only so much room in my brain for everything. I seem to lose track of my "check off list" already. :Namaste:
I feel like Pumpkin in Married with Children. If I put more in one side of my brain....something is deleted from the other side! :circle-of-love:

I don't care about total kw hours used, only care that I don't blow a circuit breaker.
T8s run constantly, my juice is covered by the rent :)

OH! I wish I had someone to pay for my light bill......things would be so different! :high-five:

Hey Pop's I was driving thru and looking. I'd like to say that it's going to be alittle harder to do a SOG from seed. The plant that clones produce is soooo much bushier for short plants. Alot of plant don't even hit maturity till they are like 30 days old. I'm all in for the watch, but then you know that. :goodjob: Keepm Green

A Picture Update of the Girls

Day 67 of Bloom for the Mekong High

Day 57 of Bloom for the Matanuska Tundra

Matanuska Tundra

tundr1.JPG

tundra22.JPG

Mekong High

Mecong11.JPG

mechon2.JPG

mecong3.JPG

End of update

THsea and I worked on the 2 400w HPS today. We actually put in yoyos that work. The old ones did not. As you can see, this is as low as they have ever been.

Light28.JPG

We are getting ready for the next grow!:circle-of-love:

Hey Pop's I was driving thru and looking. I'd like to say that it's going to be alittle harder to do a SOG from seed. The plant that clones produce is soooo much bushier for short plants. Alot of plant don't even hit maturity till they are like 30 days old. I'm all in for the watch, but then you know that. :goodjob: Keepm Green

Hey Sprout!:thumb:

Got to grow some to get clones off of first! Going to get out my cloner soon. :Namaste:

I want to find a new love, but HIDs own me :love: and I am a size Queen
400s do a juicy job, and your ductwork is sexy :slide:
Yo yos are too tricky by half. Ratchet pulleys are reliable
OH! I wish I had someone to pay for my light bill......things would be so different! :high-five:
You want different? My rent is all inclusive because union scale package says so.
People pay to see the most imPropa Gator at the Big City Zoo.
They want a song & dance, and get it. For treats, I'll whisper a lie
"I won't bite your ear off". They move closer to hear, and wah la :yummy:

I want to find a new love, but HIDs own me :love: and I am a size Queen
400s do a juicy job, and your ductwork is sexy :slide:
Yo yos are too tricky by half. Ratchet pulleys are reliable

You want different? My rent is all inclusive because union scale package says so.
People pay to see the most imPropa Gator at the Big City Zoo.
They want a song & dance, and get it. For treats, I'll whisper a lie
"I won't bite your ear off". They move closer to hear, and wah la :yummy:

Hey Mr Gator! Darn, we wanted Ratchet Pulleys. This is as close as we could find around here. Even these are a dream compared to the old ones. They seem to work like a ratchet. Maybe they are since we've never seen one.

Well, that's cool having a union.

Beg your pardon.....but aren't Zoos supposed to be fun? But if your hungry, what can you do? :high-five:

I guess love for HIDs is OK!

Back
Top Bottom