Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

I grew a Chem Dawg outside a couple of years ago, next to a couple of Dr.S. CBD plants- the cbd's had aphids, caterpillars, and powdery mildew, while the Chem Dawg was totally untouched by any pests- must be the smell or something that the bugs don't like.... although it wasn't particularly stinky...
Do you know what the terpine profile was?

@cbdhemp808 reported Here that he notice a possible correlation between certain terps and a lack of bud rot. Maybe something similar going on with yours. 🤔

I sure don't know that, Azi- honestly, I can't even tell you what it tastes like- I smoked it one time, about 2years ago, and found that it doesn't agree with me (anxiety/paranoia) so I've still got almost all of it left, which I'll probably eventually make gummies out of...or something...
It's  very strong stuff, actually a bit too strong for me, evidently...

@cbdhemp808 reported Here that he notice a possible correlation between certain terms and a lack of bud rot. Maybe something similar going on with yours. 🤔
I looked it up... Chemdawg has a pungent diesel odor, and the dominant terpene is beta-caryophyllene, but may have almost as much limonene. It's known for heavy trichome production. Some websites say indica-dominant, some say sativa-dominant. Humboldt Seed Organization and some others say indica-dominant.

I grew a Chem Dawg outside a couple of years ago, next to a couple of Dr.S. CBD plants- the cbd's had aphids, caterpillars, and powdery mildew, while the Chem Dawg was totally untouched by any pests- must be the smell or something that the bugs don't like.... although it wasn't particularly stinky...
Interesting. So you're saying I wasted my time by spraying BT? :laughtwo:
It's so much better than home improvement projects.
Indeed! Since August, I've remodeled my hallway and entry (scraped acoustic/popcorn ceiling, retextured walls, painted, replaced/updated 5 doorway trim moldings, replaced 1 door so far - 2 more to go, hired an electrician to install recessed lighting, had floors replaced). Also had new floors put into 2 bedrooms, laundry room, and living room. Painted all the rooms, retextured the wall of one of the bedrooms, replaced about 10 electric outlets with updated/childproof ones. Installed about 200 ft of new baseboards. Now working on converting one of the bedroom closets into a wine/spirits/weed storage unit. I shouldn't have retired....
Plus everything in the bowl. :thumb:
I got at least an ounce of trim out of that bowl - it'll make good dry ice kief.
Do you usually make it to Nov before harvest?
Yes, it seems my outdoor harvests are making it to November these past couple years. Last year, I finished my Purple Haze harvest on Nov 9th.
I'm also curious about if you planned to harvest in November?
Yes, that seems to be my plan now, but I think I may stick to indicas and hybrids for outdoor grows (they finish up faster... usually) and keep the sativas under the indoor lights.
Niiiiiizzzzzz!!!!! :yahoo:
:thanks:
@cbdhemp808 reported Here that he notice a possible correlation between certain terps and a lack of bud rot. Maybe something similar going on with yours. 🤔
Interesting read, thanks for that. Personally, I haven't noticed any correlation between terps, resin, and bud rot.
@BeezLuiz Congrats on your harvest! If ya want to trade your "too Strong" for some a little less.. Lemme know :lot-o-toke:
Thanks for the offer, LKV. :laughtwo: Actually, if I'm passing through your area next time I'm headed to the wine country, maybe we can meet up somewhere and do an exchange. :)
Some websites say indica-dominant, some say sativa-dominant. Humboldt Seed Organization and some others say indica-dominant.
Mine was a clone that I bought at a dispensary. They didn't have much info on it other than it was a "hybrid".
Congrats on the harvest of nice chunky buds, Beez!
Thanks GB!

Since August, I've remodeled my hallway and entry (scraped acoustic/popcorn ceiling, retextured walls, painted, replaced/updated 5 doorway trim moldings, replaced 1 door so far - 2 more to go, hired an electrician to install recessed lighting, had floors replaced). Also had new floors put into 2 bedrooms, laundry room, and living room. Painted all the rooms, retextured the wall of one of the bedrooms, replaced about 10 electric outlets with updated/childproof ones. Installed about 200 ft of new baseboards. Now working on converting one of the bedroom closets into a wine/spirits/weed storage unit.
I am oh so very glad my wife does not read this site!

Sweet harvest Beez!
I guess a gotta grow a Chem dawg now.
Congrats on all the home improvements.
I chopped my last outdoor plant yesterday and I'm glad. The weather started going south in the afternoon and it looks like rain and snow in the close mountains today.
Stay stoneder!

I chopped my last outdoor plant yesterday and I'm glad. The weather started going south in the afternoon and it looks like rain and snow in the close mountains today.
Stay stoneder!
I saw the weather forecast and knew it was gonna be changing very soon here. That was certainly part of my decision to harvest my plant when I did. Rained here pretty hard, so things worked out OK.

Indeed! Since August, I've remodeled my hallway and entry (scraped acoustic/popcorn ceiling, retextured walls, painted, replaced/updated 5 doorway trim moldings, replaced 1 door so far - 2 more to go, hired an electrician to install recessed lighting, had floors replaced). Also had new floors put into 2 bedrooms, laundry room, and living room. Painted all the rooms, retextured the wall of one of the bedrooms, replaced about 10 electric outlets with updated/childproof ones. Installed about 200 ft of new baseboards. Now working on converting one of the bedroom closets into a wine/spirits/weed storage unit. I shouldn't have retired....
I’m showing this list to my husband…

Jeepers, I need what he is smokin'!!!! :rofl:
Actually, what I've been smoking, mostly, has been CBD. It's allowed me to power through the aches and pains pretty well.
Wow, that’s a lot of work Beez. Based off of what we’ve seen on here, I bet you did a beautiful, amazing job. 💗
Thanks, HH. I am pretty happy with the outcome so far, and more importantly, my wife is pretty happy with it too. I must also give a shout out to my wife for helping me with a lot of it. :circle-of-love:

It's allowed me to power through the aches and pains pretty well.
I did the same thing powering thru my 50 loads of wood gathering!!! Only it wasn't CBD and I frankly didn't get much done afterwards!!!! But it didn't hurt!!!!! :yahoo:

I am pretty happy with the outcome so far
You see - there's the problem...."so far".....it all starts out pretty innocent - change that outlet cover, well, it should be moved, maybe add one, well, if the wall is tore up, if we move it back two feet this room is more useable, we'll need new carpet and redo the ceiling!!! Oh, don't forget it's a load bearing wall, now the foundation in the basement has to be restructured....well, if we are tearing up the concrete why don't we...........
Do you see where I am going with this?????!!!!????
There's not enough weed in the country to get me to open up that can of worms!!!!!:nervous-guy::nervous-guy::thedoubletake:

Congrats on the ChemDawg takedown, Beez! It sounds like you had a stellar growing season.

I sure don't know that, Azi- honestly, I can't even tell you what it tastes like- I smoked it one time, about 2years ago, and found that it doesn't agree with me (anxiety/paranoia) so I've still got almost all of it left, which I'll probably eventually make gummies out of...or something...
It's  very strong stuff, actually a bit too strong for me, evidently...

If it's too strong for you, couldn't you give it to one of your kids? Or a friend? I've been giving the strains that don't work for me to a friend.

You see - there's the problem...."so far".....it all starts out pretty innocent - change that outlet cover, well, it should be moved, maybe add one, well, if the wall is tore up, if we move it back two feet this room is more useable, we'll need new carpet and redo the ceiling!!! Oh, don't forget it's a load bearing wall, now the foundation in the basement has to be restructured....well, if we are tearing up the concrete why don't we...........
Do you see where I am going with this?????!!!!????
There's not enough weed in the country to get me to open up that can of worms!!!!!
Our kitchen will be getting a complete overhaul in the coming months and somehow that was heading into replacing the floors in the whole house! :eek:

I'm working on rolling that back to just the kitchen again, but we will probably redo all the baseboards if BL will come down. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom