Purple Kush In NorCal

PK, I'm in. Glad I caught the beginning. Best strain I ever had (so far), still my fav and I'm familiar with the genetics. Give it the 9 or whole 10 weeks and u won't regret it. U growin big girls?
Good luck, this should be a good run.
Glad you're in BWC. The PK will probably only reach 3ft of so, but we plan on letting them go at least 9 weeks.
Very nice looking start, Those ladies look awesome. Great job..
Thanks sonzor
As always Swamp very green and healthy looking. I am anxious to view the PK. It is really hard growing those over here. The outdoor rheubarb should be an exciting array of colorful flowers. Sheeit on the White Files / Knats / shitty ickies.
Should we see more Julie in the upcoming months my wife says she is jealous and has 2 tickets to paradise.
I am so happy for you that you can just walk in to "Oaksterdam" pick up and pick put clones, go home, and grow them. That is how it is supposed to be.
I give my respect to all of those Cannabis Warriors who have helped make that reality a possibilty for you and so many others.
Hey Cherma, thanks for always having encouraging words. It's hard not to get excited about any grow, but we are anxious to see how the PK will turn out.
I'm sure Julie will grace the pages of the journal again soon.
Yes, we are very fortunate to be able to buy quality clones right over the counter.
yeah swamp. very nice
Thanks Wheelo, you are doing big things your own self.
Looking great!
Those are going to be some big ladies!
Thanks tricome
i like the co2 gen. what is the timing that your running it again?
The co2 is on only when the lights are on.
An awesome sight! In for the duration.....:goodjob:
Thanks Hogdady, glad to have you along.
:goodjob: Going to be awesome grow! :surf:
We hope so Tunes.
:popcorn: Looking good!:Rasta::Rasta::yummy:
Thanks siscokid.

Not much to update on the Purple Kush, except an ongoing battle with spider mites. Every time we think we're winning, they show back up again. God I hate those things.

Here's a photo update on the Rhubarb (F-13) and the Sour Diesel.
1638Small.jpg

1639Small.jpg

Sour Diesel
1632Small.jpg

1635Small.jpg

Here's a one eyed cat that lives in the garden.
1641Small.jpg

hey man good farming bro least the cat won't be in the sun to much(lucky devil) keep up the good work

Wow those plants love that soil. I can only imagine how deep the tap root goes. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 feet.

Re: Clones

No taproot on clones Munki. These are clones from Coffee Shop Blue Sky.

Well, there is my one thing I've learned for the day...didn't know that!

:yummy:

Nice outdoor garden Swamp! Beautiful color on the Rhubarb, and the Sour D looks outstanding!

Kitty looks like he/she's keepin' an eye on the place while catchin' some shade...

Good luck with the Mites man. Keep fightin the good fight!

Peace man

Re: Clones

Well, there is my one thing I've learned for the day...didn't know that!

:yummy:

Me neither but it would make sense. The roots probably act like a plant's branches do when the plant has been topped; more numerous, but thinner.

I've been missing this one, and needing the joy I feel when I see your pretty grow room, Swampgas. Purple Kush. Purple is royal, and Kush is King kine. Wherever your partner gets his ideas from, I think this was a good one. +rep for the PK, and the cat with the trees ;)
Glad you finally made it Propa Gator, I was wondering when you would show up. Thanks for the +rep my friend.
hey man good farming bro least the cat won't be in the sun to much(lucky devil) keep up the good work
Thanks bigk, the cat has plenty of shade.
stems like that make for a magical forest. you will be rolling in it soon!
That's the plan anyway.
Wow those plants love that soil. I can only imagine how deep the tap root goes. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 feet.
Hey munki, we put in lots of work on the soil, I hope they love it.
No taproot on clones Munki. These are clones from Coffee Shop Blue Sky.
Only half right BWC, the plants next to the cat are volunteers from last season, they have taproots. The clones from Blue Sky are in our indoor grow - Purple Kush.
Well, there is my one thing I've learned for the day...didn't know that!:yummy:
Me too Hogdady, I learn stuff here all the time.
Nice outdoor garden Swamp! Beautiful color on the Rhubarb, and the Sour D looks outstanding!
Kitty looks like he/she's keepin' an eye on the place while catchin' some shade...
Good luck with the Mites man. Keep fightin the good fight!
Peace man
Thanks Doc, the one eyed cat keeps an eye out for us. Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
Still doing battle with the mites, but we are gaining ground.
late to the party as always....looks amazing Swamp. Ill be watching closely
Glad you made it PitViper, thanks.

Purple Kush update:

The girls are one week into 12/12 and are starting to show signs of budding. This is the part I love, watching them mature into flowering beauties.

Julie called today and wanted to visit, but I just couldn't make it happen, I had too many things to do. Sorry guys, I'll try to make it happen soon.

Here are tonights pics:
1653Small.jpg

1654Small.jpg

1656Small.jpg

1655Small.jpg

1651Small.jpg

1649Small.jpg

1650Small.jpg

1652Small.jpg

1/2 right

Only half right BWC, the plants next to the cat are volunteers from last season, they have taproots. The clones from Blue Sky are in our indoor grow - Purple Kush.
Swamp, are u telling me that clones have taproots or that the volunteers came from seed? If ur saying clones have taproots please provide ur source of info as I will mine if u'd like. It sounds like u were saying that all of ur plants didn't come from Blue Sky, but I couldn't really tell. BTW, ur purp kusk plants look RIGHT!! Nice job so far.

Im glad you reduced the amount of plants. It should improve several things..not that you you know by the last grow. But Im doing exactly the same thing in my garden. less plants with better circulation.....bigger plants to some degree. you will have more yield with fewer bigger stronger plant. pest issues will be reduced.

Wow Swampgas, looking great bro!! I can only wish right now for a set up like that, maybe one day my partner and I can get out to Cali, he has his card already, Ive never lived there so I don't. living in the only state this far west that doesn't recognize medical MJ is kinda a bummer IMO.

Enough about that great work, love the light mover, it's sic! :peace:

Wow Swampgas, looking great bro!! I can only wish right now for a set up like that, maybe one day my partner and I can get out to Cali, he has his card already, Ive never lived there so I don't. living in the only state this far west that doesn't recognize medical MJ is kinda a bummer IMO.

Nevada huh?

Re: 1/2 right

Swamp, are u telling me that clones have taproots or that the volunteers came from seed? If ur saying clones have taproots please provide ur source of info as I will mine if u'd like. It sounds like u were saying that all of ur plants didn't come from Blue Sky, but I couldn't really tell. BTW, ur purp kusk plants look RIGHT!! Nice job so far.
Not at all BWC, what I'm saying is that the volunteers next to the cat had to have come from seed, most likely dropped from last years crop, or they stayed dormant until this year. Hard as you try, sometimes you get few seeds. They jumped up early this year on their own and got a head start on the rest of the crop. Not complaining though, they are monsters and provide excellent shade for ol' one eye.

What a great uniform canopy ;)
Looking strong
Thanks Soniq420.

I'm glad you reduced the amount of plants. It should improve several things..not that you you know by the last grow. But Imdooing exactly the same thing in my garden. less plants with better circulation.....bigger plants to some degree. you will have more yield with fewer bigger stronger plant. pest issues will be reduced.
Hey PitViper. Yeah, fewer plants means that they can support their own weight without leaning on each other. It's funny how they don't like to touch each other. Circulation and better light penetration seems to keep them happier.
Looking good bro !
Thanks Haze.
Thanks DeadTour09. Cali has come a long way, but there is always room for improvement. I think they are starting to realize how many tax dollars they are missing out on. It can only get better from here.

Update:

For those who are fans of my friend Julie, from my other journals...
Julie stopped by today on her way out of town. She consented to a couple of pics, but promised to have more time next week for a full photo shoot. She loves the feedback she gets and says to pass along thanks.

1657Small.jpg

1658Small.jpg

I hope she didn't burn her ass on our camp heater/co2 generator. Ha.
1659Small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom