Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Indeed! Exactly what I was thinking :)

Hello brightlight and thanks for clicking through my journal. Let me tell you about the VB and compare it to the EQ for ya. First of all, the VB unit is incredibly over-priced for what it is. I have known people who used that unit but had major problems with a fully enjoyable vaporization experience. Now for starters, unless they came out with some new incredible design that I haven't heard of, the heating element on the VB is "angularly oriented" which means that you put the bowl onto it at an angle. Many people have the problem of their herbs falling out and onto the element, thereby burning the herbs. The EQ's heating element is perpendicular, so there is no chance of burning the herbs. Not only that, but the VB has a very limited set of functions. It is incredibly over-priced for what it allows you to do. For the same amount of money, one can purchase a completely superior device, and that is the Extreme-Q by Arizer which gives you the option of a fan-bag system or a whip, and the fan runs very quietly. It is also remote controlled, and has programs into it which can set it to turn off in a certain number of hours (if one forgets to turn it off). It certainly is the best vaporizer money can buy in my opinion. I've used it everyday for about 3 years now, I have basically used this machine like an industrial device, non-stop day and night. It never lets me down. I know more people than I can count who have purchased the machine and we all love it. Just my two cents

:allgood:

Lester excellent timing on your part, as I'm saving to buy one, and I feel the same way about the Volcano, way overpriced. I just booked marked that site.

I was just reading about the top 10 last week, and saw a unit that was second in reviews, and I think it might have been this unit.

it's always good to hear from a fellow user, that it's been in service for over 3 years and no problems, now I know how to save 200plus dollars.

thanks

Thanks Lester for taking the time to provide this info. I agree that my Vapor Bros. is simplistic older technology. Yet it's worked very well for me. The only problem I've had is a bad thermostat control that VP fixed and also upgraded the bulb to a newer type. At a fair price too. That taught me a lesson...not having one at hand wasn't good so I ended up buying a 2nd unit. I have Iolite for on the go but dislike the butane taste.

Fast forward to now...I think I'll buy the Arizer EQ. There are so many out there. It would have been a small hassle to read and research. Getting lazier about these things with age. But with you, Crawdaddy, and KingJohn3's input, I'm sure the research has been done to my benefit.

I see there are many options offered too. Are any in your opinion essential? Looks a little complicated compared to my relic design, but a vaporizer can't be too complicated. Hope it's not hard to clean. I'll look at the 420 sponsors to see if any offer a promo code for 420 members. I had a good laugh about the "industrial device/machine."

Thanks Crawdaddy for chiming in. Appreciated.

Thanks KingJohn3. I followed link but there were no reviews.

I have the one that KJC linked us to. It was the original chrome design I believe. They since came out with a midnight black one. No real difference I don't think.

The unit does need to be maintained, much like any other vaporizing or smoking device, the dome screens that fit into the "elbow" often get clogged up with the ground up plant matter, and restrict airflow. The screens need to be cleaned, I soak my dome screens in rubbing alcohol and when the airflow becomes restricted I get a fresh one, rinse with water and dry and then it's clean. Some people burn it off with a blow torch. Each to his to own. Likewise, with the whip, a crude cannabis oil condensate forms and begins to flow in the vinyl whip, this also can restrict airflow and at some point needs to be cleaned out, I just pump water through it to clear all the oil out, you probably know all this from using the VB. So that's all really implied. For the mouth piece on the bag system, after filling up the bags many times, the cannabis oil builds up on the mouthpiece and when it does it should be cleaned, again, kind of implied. It is a cannabis oil, though crude :) So that's some long term use information. When I first got it there was a good long honey moon period.
I don't know if there is a promo code, but if there was KJC would know about it! :thumb:

Lester excellent timing on your part, as I'm saving to buy one, and I feel the same way about the Volcano, way overpriced. I just booked marked that site.

I was just reading about the top 10 last week, and saw a unit that was second in reviews, and I think it might have been this unit.

it's always good to hear from a fellow user, that it's been in service for over 3 years and no problems, now I know how to save 200plus dollars.

thanks

You're welcome! :) I do Love my EQ :circle-of-love:

The screens need to be cleaned, I soak my dome screens in rubbing alcohol and when the airflow becomes restricted I get a fresh one, rinse with water and dry and then it's clean. S

I dip my 2 glass pieces (mouth piece & flow tube) in a little "Nip" after every 5th use and it is all clean after a nice soaking. The Homemade Nip evaporates.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's my little work of art on a cloudy day
IMG_24576.JPG

:surf:

white lightning, shine! Thanks for that info on the vaporizer. I am gonna check out the ebay, hope they have. The 'whip'; is that a tube or something which you draw from? I know I asked this Q somewhere.

Yeah, the "whip" is the tube that we draw from. :hookah:

Vegetative Eye Candy My little work of art on a sunny day! But it is very humid, luckily we've had a break in the clouds and I decided to take some pics. Once again, it is confirmed that the KC-45 "autoflowers" have responded and reacted to exposure to light deprivation (the ones in the chamber NOT the tent). This shows that blanket statements regarding genetics in advertisements are misleading. The genetic probability factor for expression of protiens through the phenotype should be taken into account by the individual grower. With these plants, I have seen nothing to tell me they are ruderalis hybrids, as far as I'm concerned they are the essence of a pure land race sativa from Brazil, which fits really really well into my local microclimate. Clones are being rooted as we speak, of the pheno I wanted which is the big one in the first picture, it is a real stinker and has a definite skunk profile which is really weird considering its sativa heritage. Just goes to show the variance in cannabis, and essentially even a pure sativa can adapt to express itself as a phenotype who has a skunkier terpene profile.
IMG_24669.JPG
IMG_246711.JPG
IMG_246812.JPG
IMG_246910.JPG
IMG_247013.JPG
IMG_247113.JPG
IMG_247210.JPG

The indica that grew like a sativa: Cannabis is so adaptive, an indica dominant strain can express itself to appear almost entirely like a sativa. Based off the humidity, Sun angles, and temperature the specimen is exposed to. The first plant I ever grew was a completely indica dominant OG Kush which adapted and grew like a sativa would, the effects were also more like a sativa. So this is what I'm talking about with genetic expression and probability. Just because a species has a certain percentage of a particular set of genes in their blood doesn't mean they're going to express it. It's a game of chance. The "nurture aspect" of the environment is what really shapes and solidifies a phenotype into almost a completely different strain!
photo_48_3.jpg
photo_9_20.JPG
photo_11_35.jpg

Wow!

:bravo:

:thanks:

It will be interesting to see if the clones of the 'autoflower' ever do flower on their own as plant ages.
Indeed! :surf:

What a great illustration of the difference between genotype and phenotype, Lester. :thumb:
Thank you kindly! :)
Thanxx for the link King.

Ditto.
If my memory serves me correctly, you don't defol or train your outdoor plants, right Lester?

I do train most of my plants, if you look closely there are tons of strings on every plant that appears "bushy", if I didn't - I'd have a plant like my first "the indica that grew like a sativa", or the recently harvested bud-on-a-stick. I usually fim all my plants once and then I do a general round of LST. After awhile and things branch out, I continually do LST and I train them according to the plants, it's the only way I can keep my plants below the fence and fill out as much of the planter bed as possible by the end. :surf:

Oh, and I do prune to increase airflow to the canopy on occasion. But not religious defoliations. :thumb:

What's the difference between pruning & defoliating?

What's the difference between pruning & defoliating?

Pruning is taking a few leaves, and a couple of raggedy popcorn branches off.

Defoliating is like plucking off all the healthy fan leaves, even if they are doing no harm.

Pruning implies that we are productively, yet selectively trimming certain leaves or small branches. Defoliations also imply removing the foliage, when I prune, often times there is a popcorn branch that is clonable. So defoliations basically strip them down rigorously.

Back
Top Bottom