Rep420's 7 Plant Feminized White Widow Soil 400W HPS - 1st Attempted Scrog :)

Re: rep420's 7 Plant Feminised White Widow Soil 400W HPS. 1st attempted Scrog :)

Ok well my attempt at fimming was unsuccessful it brought on mutant growth and vertical growth did not slow at all. I have since topped the 5 biggest and the side branches have started heading for the screen hoping within a week to flip them will post pic tonight when the lights come back on.

Also the fishing line i used was really thick but still cut the plants pretty bad. Swapped to string and seems to work better.

Re: rep420's 7 Plant Feminised White Widow Soil 400W HPS. 1st attempted Scrog :)

Update, plants all look really good few of the tips of the fans showing little bit of over doing the nutes but backed them right off for now so all should be well.
20131014_212934.jpg

got a little impatient and flipped then 2 days ago the stretch looks like its going to make up the difference. I've also taken one of the strongest plants out to keep for future clones.
this is 3rd day of 12/12
20131027_210109.jpg

Temporary setup for mom. (Still need to decide cheapest option for lighting one plant in veg, mainly want to encourage branch growth)
20131027_210205.jpg

All the plants look really healthy the fans are massive for how tall the plants are and all have shown female bits 'YAY'. If anyone has any advice for lighting the mom preferably cheapest cost and running costs options would be awesome. thanks :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo help what do i do i am assuming these are dreaded spider mites. FUCK!

theres no real bud growth yet they just finishing off stretch so i can spray no worries but what should i use and how strong can it be? planning on some pyrethrum straight off the bat and possibly tobacco juice on top of that dont want to let them have any kind of chance.
20131028_210014.jpg

Neem for those aphids apparently dude.

Thanks mate thats much better than mites. Gonna buy some stuff today for them hopefully can get rid of em from the tent.

Thanks voodoo got a pyrethrum/ neem oil spray to be safe. Just pulled them all out and cleaned and sprayed the tent out and individually went through and sprayed each plant really well especially under the leaves as they seem to lay their eggs there. Only been an hour and nothing is moving anymore so hopefully can break like cycle and all will be well again.

Awesome man glad I could be of assistance. I believe the neem can be used as a preventative and the pyrethrum should kill the adults straight up. So sounds like a good combo. Ive got in the habit now of every time I check my pants I give the underside of the leaves a good look over, most pests will lay eggs etc under there.
I had a mite scare myself, turns out they were actually a type of predatory mite that were feeding on the fungus gnat's larvae that I was also having dramas with.

Only took a couple of hours took the plants out and gave em a little shake and hit them with a fan and pretty much all the dots fell off :). Sounds like a good idea voodoo apparently aphids will chill until 12/12 and that triggers them to start reproducing and can come from unsteralized soil and pets/ from outside sources.

I had fungus knats on last grow were a pain to completely get rid of them because they lay new larvae every week. Once I broke lifecycle with sticky pads and strips for adults, sand to block access to medium and 1:4 hydrogen peroxide : water to kill larvae was finally able to get rid of them. Sounds like those mites wont do your girls any harm though, thanks again for the help :)

I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap per gallon as a surfactant, it helps the insecticide stick to the leaves better.

About a week into flower, almost stopped stretching and i havnt had a chance to weave the scrog as well as id like after spraying and checking the plants the last two days. They all look really good though just a bit uneven at this stage. Took some advice from voodoo's current scrog thread, on height above screen and tried to promote only 6-8 strong branches from each plant to try and have the branch structure there to support larger cola's. It is not as dense as i would of liked but i dont think this will hurt my yield much as all the branches above the canopy are quite large.
20131030_201246_1_.jpg

Finally got the plants a bit more organized, having some concerns atm alot of the leaves under the canopy are dying off since i sprayed the plants (hoping this is just due to lack of light) and some spots on top of the plant are showing what looks like calcium or phosphorus deficiency. Hoping this is just from excess spray still there when the light was lowered back to normal height causing some burning and some weakness/ spongyness to major fan leaves.
the first pic is 8 days into flower i have tried to push them a bit higher above the screen and keep gaps in between buds to promote yield.
20131104_080637.jpg

this is one of the leaves i removed from under the canopy as it didnt look very healthy, hopefully this is just from excess pyrethrum not being able to dry out due to shading from the canopy (if anybody has used or seen this b4 would be good to know)
(its been off the plant for an hour so its mainly the colour im concerned about not the edges curling. cheers
20131104_114523.jpg

20131105_210017.jpg

Hi all everything above the screen looks nice and healthy again still a few leaves under the canopy that dont look very good is this a deficiency or just combination of pyrethrum and plant deciding to kill off these leaves as they are pretty shaded. Thanks any advice would be awesome stressing a lil.

Back
Top Bottom