Salvaging Grow #2 Using LEDs For Flower & T5's For Veg

I'm a wee bit late on this one eh OG? Everything looks in tip top shape. I'm curious, did you prune at all?

Your never to late Mello
I defoliated to the point of taking everything but buds and sugar leaves on 3 plants. The 4th plant I thinned out extensively to allow light all the way through to the lower buds. I wanted to check out an idea on how important the fan leaves are during the last few weeks of development. Until I get some actual weights the verdict is still out on that idea. :love:

I've rewrote this sentence dozens of times now, and there is just no words.

I am so sorry to hear this OG. She exists in the love you all have for her son.

I've really no words, my thoughts are with you tonight.

Thank you RTK

While you may not have said it in words, you have said a lot and it helps. I am still kind of numb from the whole experience and it is comforting to know that I have genuinely compassionate friends who care when they see a fellow human being suffering. :love:

ok so I chopped last night and washed all the plants. When I first started chopping I was taking the time to cut each branch and carefully wash every bud but after the 2nd plant I realized that it was getting late and I had so much more to do, plus having to clean up the mess before I went to bed I decided to speed the process up a smidgen. This whole crop is going to be used to make dry ice hash so I decided it was not worth all the effort to bother doing any trimming. All I really needed to do was get it washed and stored until I could get out to my brothers and borrow his bubble bags. I still need to do a complete scrubbing of both tents with bleach and h2o2. Hopefully will be finished with that this morning, then this evening I can get started making hash. At this juncture I am thinking that all my future grows will all be made into hash for a few separate reasons. For one thing I have plenty of meds in the bud form to smoke. Secondly I think that storing hash will not take up near the space as compared to buds. Plus it is not as obvious as to what it is compared to buds.
So here are a few pictures, sorry for the poor quality but I am a bit rushed this morning, lots yet still to do.

IMG_153324.jpg
IMG_153222.jpg
IMG_153124.jpg
IMG_153028.jpg
IMG_152624.jpg

One of the 3 Power Wreck plants would have been a great plant to enter in the PoTM contest but unfortunately I will just have to wait until I have more time for photos, another day perhaps.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and all is well with everyones lives and gardens :circle-of-love:

Congrat's on another harvest, OG! :bravo:

Congrat's on another harvest, OG! :bravo:
My lord, the harvest was the easy part, I just finished cleaning the whole tent and everything inside with a 10% bleach solution and a 10% H2O2. Holy crap that was a pain in the rear. The hardest part was cleaning each piece of flexible duct, well that and being able to keep track of what has been wiped down and what hasn't. Being OCD I am sure I wiped everything down at least 2 times since I was so worried about missing an area. Next the smaller tent then I can start getting set up for grow number 3 and 4. Think I will veg both till May, move one set outside to grow outdoors then train and prune the hell out of the 4th grow so I will have big healthy plants for the 4th indoors.grow 3 will be Sativa's and 4 will have to be Indica's since I want big and bushy. I saw on your journal your going with a cage for your outdoor grow. Do you have issues with moles and gophers down in your area?

The only justification you need to make hash is that hash is awesome! Another harvest in the books OG! :slide:
I completely agree. My wife prefers hash over weed so the decision was pretty easy to make. She still can not partake because of her job but once we retire, it will be party time. Hopefully I can sample this batch before I have to go back on the wagon again.

One of the best sights in the world is seeing the fruits of your labour hanging upside down. Congrats on the chop my friend.
I think about you everyday. Sending positive energy my friend :love:

Thanks Mr Am4zin my friend from across the pond
though my wife would prefer it could just go straight from the plant and into baggies so it doesn't smell up the back room. Silly women :laugh:
It is getting better every day. I was blessed to have not had to deal much with death until this past 3 months. Yeah I see it on the news every night like everyone else but when you have a personal connection with not only the person who died but with the survivors it tends to effect one differently. Plus being older and the youngest of 6 kids I have a feeling, this is something I need to get use to. We all want the ones we love to live forever but I know, this is one game where no one gets out of it alive.

My lord, the harvest was the easy part, I just finished cleaning the whole tent and everything inside with a 10% bleach solution and a 10% H2O2. Holy crap that was a pain in the rear. The hardest part was cleaning each piece of flexible duct, well that and being able to keep track of what has been wiped down and what hasn't. Being OCD I am sure I wiped everything down at least 2 times since I was so worried about missing an area. Next the smaller tent then I can start getting set up for grow number 3 and 4. Think I will veg both till May, move one set outside to grow outdoors then train and prune the hell out of the 4th grow so I will have big healthy plants for the 4th indoors.grow 3 will be Sativa's and 4 will have to be Indica's since I want big and bushy. I saw on your journal your going with a cage for your outdoor grow. Do you have issues with moles and gophers down in your area?

I completely agree. My wife prefers hash over weed so the decision was pretty easy to make. She still can not partake because of her job but once we retire, it will be party time. Hopefully I can sample this batch before I have to go back on the wagon again.

Thanks Mr Am4zin my friend from across the pond
though my wife would prefer it could just go straight from the plant and into baggies so it doesn't smell up the back room. Silly women :laugh:
It is getting better every day. I was blessed to have not had to deal much with death until this past 3 months. Yeah I see it on the news every night like everyone else but when you have a personal connection with not only the person who died but with the survivors it tends to effect one differently. Plus being older and the youngest of 6 kids I have a feeling, this is something I need to get use to. We all want the ones we love to live forever but I know, this is one game where no one gets out of it alive.

No we don't get out alive OG but hopefully by the time we have to go we have had enough and are ready for the next step!

OG, we have Major Gopher (a distant cousin), mole, rabbit, ground squirrel problems - and that's just the below-ground-rodent pests. Without gopher cages and deer netting, I'd get nada onto the drying rack. I rue the day bears develop a taste for weed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It sounds like a full day of grunt work for you, but you have a plan and it sounds great! I can't wait to compare notes on our outside grows. My only concern at this end is getting genetics I want, having them be female, and using the soil concoction I threw together.

Ok so this is what I got last night using the dry ice method.

IMG_153835.jpg

The ball on the left weighed in at 54 grams. I took a open flame and heated some of the bunches and compressed them in my hands which caused them to get darker in color. The pile on the right is just scraped off the mirror and not heated. I watched an video where once the hash had been extracted, they would heat the hash with an open flame then need it like dough and fold it into a think patty. I will probably do that before I store this away sometime this week. I did notice that when it is heated it becomes more pliable and actually feels a bit like play-dough.

Ok so this is what I got last night using the dry ice method.

IMG_153835.jpg

The ball on the left weighed in at 54 grams. I took a open flame and heated some of the bunches and compressed them in my hands which caused them to get darker in color. The pile on the right is just scraped off the mirror and not heated. I watched an video where once the hash had been extracted, they would heat the hash with an open flame then need it like dough and fold it into a think patty. I will probably do that before I store this away sometime this week. I did notice that when it is heated it becomes more pliable and actually feels a bit like play-dough.

Holy. Crap.

My eyes are bugging out of my damned head. That is fine, sir, just fine! I'm looking at making some hash, too with my ridiculous amount of bud -- I can never smoke it all in a million years and I freaking love hash. As Shiggs says, it's the only justification you need :)

Brilliant and inspirational work.

Oh that is just beautiful OG. Absolutely drool worthy!

Hope if you do heat and fold it that you give us some updated pictures. I've watched a couple of videos of Afghani men making hash, looked exactly like I remembered from my youth.

OG- Welcome to the dry ice hash club! :high-five:

Was your herb dry or still wet when you made the hash? If it was wet, you might want to let the hash dry some. It will mold if too moist.

I made about 6 oz. of hash from my summer grow to bring my weight down to legal limits. I divided some of it up into small chunks, heated lightly, and pressed them. The rest are in large chunks, like yours. I like the small ones as they are easier to handle. I can pull one from storage and keep it handy.
Kief21.jpg

Wow OG some day I am going to do that. To have that much hash would be epic. I would be comatose for 3 months!
When I was a younger man, hash was always one of my favorites. After hitting on it the other night, apparently as an older man it still is one of my favorites :hookah::cheesygrinsmiley:
Holy. Crap.

My eyes are bugging out of my damned head. That is fine, sir, just fine! I'm looking at making some hash, too with my ridiculous amount of bud -- I can never smoke it all in a million years and I freaking love hash. As Shiggs says, it's the only justification you need :)

Brilliant and inspirational work.
I was very reluctant to make it because the only way I knew how was bubble hash which is messy and time consuming, dry ice was so simple and quick. :circle-of-love:

Oh that is just beautiful OG. Absolutely drool worthy!

Hope if you do heat and fold it that you give us some updated pictures. I've watched a couple of videos of Afghani men making hash, looked exactly like I remembered from my youth.
I believe I watched the same video because that is exactly what I intend to do. I will have to wait till maybe this weekend. By the time I get home from work, I am in so much pain and sore all I want to do is go to bed. Friday is the service for Linda, so maybe Sat. or Sun. I will add pics if I do it this weekend.

OG- Welcome to the dry ice hash club! :high-five:

Was your herb dry or still wet when you made the hash? If it was wet, you might want to let the hash dry some. It will mold if too moist.

I made about 6 oz. of hash from my summer grow to bring my weight down to legal limits. I divided some of it up into small chunks, heated lightly, and pressed them. The rest are in large chunks, like yours. I like the small ones as they are easier to handle. I can pull one from storage and keep it handy.
Kief21.jpg

It was mostly dry though I would have kept it drying for a few more days before putting it into jars if I had used it for buds.

Yeah the state and their silly laws, only 10 packs of cigarets per household and only 24 cans of beer or 1 bottle of whiskey and 12 cans of beer. Oh wait it is only MJ that they have those bullshit rules in force for. Never mind.

I will most likely work it into one brick, like the video I watched. I did end up keeping one plant which was the Harlequin for bud It is suppose to be a high CBD strain so I want to give that a try for pain. if I don't like it for pain I will just dry ice it with the next batch.
Hope everyone has a great week, mine started out good, no rain YAY

I really need to get on the dry ice method, research for late february or early march I think, tidy up all the trim from our first grow in one session.

Easiest way to obtain dry ice?

Thanks, Older Grower and everyone who's shared info. Off to research dry ice hash making!

My plan is to make some dry sift hash as soon as my screens get in -- I want to make something as close to the Moroccan hash I love as I can :) I'm a little unclear how to apply heat to the pressed kief, since I see so many different methods, but maybe the heat isn't terribly important since I'm going to activate the THC through combustion anyway?

Thanks, Older Grower and everyone who's shared info. Off to research dry ice hash making!

My plan is to make some dry sift hash as soon as my screens get in -- I want to make something as close to the Moroccan hash I love as I can :) I'm a little unclear how to apply heat to the pressed kief, since I see so many different methods, but maybe the heat isn't terribly important since I'm going to activate the THC through combustion anyway?

The heat used (if any) is very little - like from your hands. The goal is not to decarb the sift. It is only used to make the hash more gummy and pliable. I used my wife's hair drier set on low to lightly warm my press. Dry sift is as close as you will get to that good old Moroccan. The dry ice just makes the process quicker and keeps the herb cold to increase the yield.

Back
Top Bottom