• Yes

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if someone losses 3k over some advice from 1 grower they met online they probably shouldn’t be investing 3k into growing cannabis
Yes, they probably shouldn't, but that will never change that fact that they do. A LOT of them do.

Here's a possible algorithm:

1) A thread is designated as a problem to be solved thread, or an "I need advice" type thread.
1.5) Add a new special up vote button for such threads (not a Like... a new "this person contributed to solve this" up vote)
1.6) Only Well-Known Members would have the special up vote button on their reply
2) At some point, someone marks the thread as solved/completed.
3) Anyone who contributed to the thread who got special up votes gains points as a helper on solving problem or advice-type thread.
4) These up vote points are shown next to the person's icon in the thread.

Something like that... some details to be worked out.

(Plus a new disclaimer when people join.)

Wow, now I'm upset, You really do know it all huh lol

I'm not upset at all man, just stating facts; raw, blunt and honest.

No, you’re being emotional. I stated I was feeling it myself in hopes that you would look inward a bit.. Almost all of your arguments revolve around time you feel you’ve lost.. Then in multiple responses you’ve proceeded to call names (crybabies, tattletales, etc) and talk about temper tantrums being thrown. It’s irrelevant who or what you were referring to, it’s unbecoming of leadership and is definitely a poor example to set.

It’s quite obvious to most of us that you thought this was a great idea and were caught off guard we didn’t fall over in agreement. You’ve then attempted to push the responsibility on to us when we’ve told you we feel the current system works.

If you didn’t want our opinions you should’ve left it at a poll. Instead you have aggressively responded to every member who disagreed and attempted to make them give you a solution for a problem they don’t see. You’ve said it repeatedly to us, we don’t get it, we don’t understand. No. We don’t, which is what we are telling you.

Screenshot_20230109-173207_Chrome.jpg

all those accolades by your name do a fine job of saying to a newb "this guy you can listen to"
Im not teasing or kidding either
With all due respect, contest winnings has nothing to do with giving advice.

I THINK that might align more with the popularity contest mindset, in my opinion.

Graytail is amazing on all levels, however someone else with contest titles could be showing plants from hydro but now this person wants to give advice on soil, something they suck at. Or what if someone won member of the month because they were popular blowing sunshine at everyone daily and showing people where to get help in the forums, but don't have experience to give proper advice on a specific topic? Those titles can be won and that person can still give terrible advice, and not always knowing it. I can come up with a hundred analogies, hope this helps get you on my page.

No, you’re being emotional. I stated I was feeling it myself in hopes that you would look inward a bit.. Almost all of your arguments revolve around time you feel you’ve lost.. Then in multiple responses you’ve proceeded to call names (crybabies, tattletales, etc) and talk about temper tantrums being thrown. It’s irrelevant who or what you were referring to, it’s unbecoming of leadership and is definitely a poor example to set.

It’s quite obvious to most of us that you thought this was a great idea and were caught off guard we didn’t fall over in agreement. You’ve then attempted to push the responsibility on to us when we’ve told you we feel the current system works.

If you didn’t want our opinions you should’ve left it at a poll. Instead you have aggressively responded to every member who disagreed and attempted to make them give you a solution for a problem they don’t see. You’ve said it repeatedly to us, we don’t get it, we don’t understand. No. We don’t, which is what we are telling you.
How am I being emotional, just because I barked back? lol

Come on man, seriously.

I wasn't even talking to you, that was for Gee for barking at me.

We are trying to figure out how to evolve our protocols, can we please remove me from being analyzed with microscopes? This is why I hate trying to work with you guys, I always get attacked.

Please stay focused on the agenda and not my mental status, thank you.

So would it be a rep score for an individual or giving rep to an answer? I can see benefit in having the ability to vote and answer to a question as a good answer. Say in FAQ's. It would be on us users to not just click to vote like we bash away liking posts. Perhaps if the vote remained anonymous people would be happier to highlight the bad advice with a downvote. Even if it is from a respected member. I think any system will have flaws and be open to abuse if it isn't used as intended.

But in my experience bad advice usually gets picked up pretty quickly and corrected. Often it's an oversight or someone's just had a brain fart. I've corrected some people and been corrected myself and it's always been in a respectful way. But also I don't see everything and have to deal with the stuff the staff have to sort out.

It's a tricky one. I can see why it's wanted and why some have concerns. What I do know is, that whatever solution is developed we need to get behind it and support the team.

*Disclaimer*
All comments and posts containing advice are for entertainment purposes only. Research advice on your own to determine accuracy. No member of the 420 community is perfect.

Rob, please remember... we're all just a bunch of old stoners. 🤣

Kind of, we're exhausted from getting reports in the back about people giving wrong advice. Sometimes we get long winded people that send us page long dramatic situations and demand us to investigate, or else. After half a dozen of us spend a collective 12 hours working on investigating and discussing what to do, then the member has a temper tantrum and leaves the site and we not only lost the member, but that 12 hours that 6 of us will never get back. There are a thousand examples I could give, this is just one. The list is endless.

So I figured if we put that responsibility on the community itself, and remove us from the picture, you all could police yourself in that regard, saving us a thousand hours a year from stuff we never should have been forced to deal with to begin with.

In my mind I see this helping the person looking for help, and the community as a whole, and my staff from wasting valuable time energy and money on somebody's drama from a misunderstanding on how to water a plant or if you should balance your pH or flush or not.

We spend almost all of our time dealing with drama from trolls, tattletales, crybabies and trouble makers. If we could limit some of that, weed have time to create content and take us to the next level. Otherwise, we just keep spinning wheels while the rest of the industry takes off without us. We are not social workers or psychologists, we are activists, entrepreneurs and volunteers on a mission to change international laws.
I see where you're coming from on this, but adding the disclaimer, and adding a section to the site terms of service absolving yourselves of liability for bad advice given or followed on the site would be my solution. Take it for what it's worth.

Almost all of your arguments revolve around time you feel you’ve lost..
Yeah, that's part of thge whole reason for this man.

Then in multiple responses you’ve proceeded to call names (crybabies, tattletales, etc) and talk about temper tantrums being thrown. It’s irrelevant who or what you were referring to, it’s unbecoming of leadership and is definitely a poor example to set.

How else am I supposed to get you all on the same page, if all you want to see is your perfect vision in your bubble?

How else are you to know what we go through, and why we have this idea?

If you need a special PR person to prepare the words for you, then you're in the wrong place.

I don't have the help I need, so I'm stuck doing it myself.

If that's not good enough for you, you are welcome to tap out of the conversation.

I however, am committed until we resolve it, no matter what.

Rob, please remember... we're all just a bunch of old stoners. 🤣
Please also remember that this is my life's work that I sacrificed more than half my life creating for you guys.

You wanna go hardcore? Then you devote a section to such topics and forum members have to apply to be posters that can answer. Even more hardcore is turn it into a hierarchy like a mobile game. R5 are mods of subsections..teddy, um..you.. R4s are elected senior super smart vetted growers..staff members but devoted to that elite section...R3 are your first true civilian forum grower that gets voted in by a private room of R5s,R4s...if they get approved as posters to help newbs in that super elite forum, they can 'recommend' another grower for consideration to be a poster in said devoted forum.
Don't do rep...i enjoy this topic but dont do rep

Or what if someone won member of the month because they were popular blowing sunshine at everyone daily and showing people where to get help in the forums, but don't have experience to give proper advice on a specific topic?
:ciao::laughtwo:

Come on man, seriously.

We are trying to figure out how to evolve our protocols, can we please remove me from being analyzed with microscopes? This is why I hate trying to work with you guys, I always get attacked.

Thank you for addressing it in full

What has changed? Why is this a concern now all of a sudden? You had a rep system and did away with it, why bring it back? What is the actual problem we are trying to address? If you want to create liability for yourself then be my guest. Putting reps and tags on people is only going to make your job that much more prone to attacks from Ill informed people. I’m concerned you’re going to open yourself up to an avenue of attack you’re not seeing. When you place individuals in to positions of authority you’re opening yourself up to both a user attack and run the risk of a backstabber. I don’t think this is gonna work the way you envision it.

I like @VetSmoke85 idea of reps being based on the answer not the user

Please also remember that this is my life's work that I sacrificed more than half my life creating for you guys.
Are you a Leo by any chance?

*Disclaimer*
All comments and posts containing advice are for entertainment purposes only. Research advice on your own to determine accuracy. No member of the 420 community is perfect.
OK so where do you suggest them to go to research the help they got from here then?

I mean, didn't they search everywhere to come to the best place to get advice already?

We're growing plants, not doing brain surgery.

Nobody should have to goto another site to cross check if the advice they got here is correct.

Here's a possible algorithm:

1) A thread is designated as a problem to be solved thread, or an "I need advice" type thread.
1.5) Add a new special up vote button for such threads (not a Like... a new "this person contributed to solve this" up vote)
1.6) Only Well-Known Members would have the special up vote button on their reply
2) At some point, someone marks the thread as solved/completed.
3) Anyone who contributed to the thread who got special up votes gains points as a helper on solving problem or advice-type thread.
4) These up vote points are shown next to the person's icon in the thread.

Something like that... some details to be worked out.

(Plus a new disclaimer when people join.)
What do you think, Rob?

I see where you're coming from on this, but adding the disclaimer, and adding a section to the site terms of service absolving yourselves of liability for bad advice given or followed on the site would be my solution. Take it for what it's worth.
Gets back to what I just said to GratefulBud. I think it's a cop out to do that, we want to be the definitive source for cannabis advice. I think it's a beyond terrible idea to send our people searching for help, to other sites to confirm what we said was good. Makes zero sense in my mind logically.

Come on man, seriously.

I never ever once barked at you. You got upset, or at least thats the general perception, and told me to tap out. Its ok tho... I reported 420 to 420 lol. Thats a joke btw.... I actually admitted I had missed the point. I do see your point now tho, and Im being serious now. We have obviously only read what we thought was the jist, and if that was advice instead of a convo misinterpetted by both sides a plant would die. I get that. Again, Im not sure how to fix that, its not a 420 thing its a texting thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom