Springs 3rd All CFL Grow 4 Strains - FFOF Soil - Indoor Tent

Re: Springs 3rd all CFL grow 4 strains w/Blue Planet Nutrients, FFOF soil, Indoor ten

I looked at it too. Seems you are right. I wonder if I can use an entire outdoor fixture. Like the kind from depot that are on the side of a house. The fixture looks crazy but I may be able to pull it apart and re-build to suit. Thanks for the comments...

I've done that before and it works. In general it's a little dangerous to pull apart a ballast because of the large capacitor. Just make sure you never plug it in before taking stuff apart. I disassembled a 150 watter and removed the ballast to outside the tent (in efforts to reduce heat) and it worked lol.

I think you're doing great with cfl's man. Pull this last grow and save your money for a 600w investment in a few months?

Re: Springs 3rd all CFL grow 4 strains w/Blue Planet Nutrients, FFOF soil, Indoor ten

ISmokes, Yeah I was mainly looking for a quick fix! Id rather wait as well. I like the DIY tube. I'm gonna make another on for bigger CFLs

yep
DSC000268.JPG
the light in here is a 300 watt 6500k floresent outdoor fixture from home depot.

If I am correct then the time may be here to top two of the plants (not my autos). There appears to be 3-4 nodes? If this is the case I will ask this question again ( sorry ). I just cut the whole damn top off? So there will be nothing left of the main top growth after? This is my first time and I am afraid (not so dramatic but I would be upset if I screwed up)!!

I threw in some pics of all the other babies. The red crates are for Wally world at $1.43. They interlock and make a great riser for my plants.

IMG00305-20130124-1536.jpg
IMG00307-20130124-1538.jpg
IMG00308-20130124-1539.jpg
IMG00306-20130124-1536.jpg
IMG00311-20130124-1540.jpg
IMG00309-20130124-1540.jpg
IMG00310-20130124-1540.jpg
IMG00312-20130124-1541.jpg

You can wait a bit before topping spring, you don't have to do it right now. With the plant a little bigger, it'll be a lot easier. You'll clearly see the main stem and 2 side branches on its sides. You cut the stem in the middle and the 2 branches will be your new tops basically. Then you can carry on with LST or whatever you're planning to do after the plant gets a little recovery time from topping. I like the crates, I actually need something like that to help me with the hempies.

Anytime man. You know I haven't done a lot of regulars so keep that in mind whenever you consider my advice lol. I'm really excited you're going with this man. You're gona love how far you can go with manipulation. It's almost nothing like an auto. They take it like champs :).

I haven't gone wrong taking your advice yet! You know how it is! We read advice and then pull it in our way. Sometimes I do follow advice to the letter! Depends on how nervous I am about cutting stuff up!

I'd second iSmokes suggestion - it wont do any harm to wait a little longer and it will be much easier once she's grown a bit taller and the nodes have spread out a little. You won't screw it up mate, don't worry. Once she's grown a little and you've got a bit more room between the nodes and can see what you're doing just do exactly as iSmokes suggests and everything will be fine.

They're all looking really healthy mate and they're lovely and compact!

I could add 1 little bit of advice, when you do top, be very careful not to cut or damage the little leaf tips that are starting to form branches. I have noticed in my plants that if I even crimp or nick those leaves it stunts the branch that will grow from it.....just my advice bro.

I wait until it is 6-7 nodes tall before I top. It gives me the ability to clone the tops for sexing.

I'd wait a little bit longer to top as well.
Like Mcloadie said, you don't want to nick those little starters, or it will stunt and grow out weird.
Better to wait till it gets a little taller, then it will be plain as day where to cut.

Thanks for the reps too!

Cooll! Such great unanimous advice! I let a main top grow into a light last run and she never recovered. Killed a better yield. I may have to read more into cloning tops for sexing. What could it hurt? Gives me some practice too.

Cooll! Such great unanimous advice! I let a main top grow into a light last run and she never recovered. Killed a better yield. I may have to read more into cloning tops for sexing. What could it hurt? Gives me some practice too.

The cuttings that you take from the main top are the bomb! You have options to wait til tthe nodes stagger, or take em when they're opposite each other. I'm observing the results of both options, probly useful for different styles and techniques. Keep up the good work spring!

Back
Top Bottom