Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Systems

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

Oh Gray you were definitely missed, and now I can finally say that we have a serious player here ;) I kinda hoped I could use your experience with High Brix growing somehow, so I can at least win a branch of the month one day :lot-o-toke::) Hmm I just smoked more of my landrace sativa hash, and it took the giggliness to another level, I think this crazy smile won't leave me for a while :rofl:

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

Ok, I've been waiting three days I think and I finally see them showing their heads these O.G. Kushes :) Pale white stems and very light green cotyledons. We'll see what happens next.

og_kush27.jpg

:Namaste:

Ok guys, I think it’s fair to do an update

First thing I wanted two say that there’s been a political initiative started from two parties in Italy, which aims for legalizing weed. But Italy is a country where things kinda roll very slowly, so I wouldn’t jump huooray just yet :) Well, stil it’s a progress from being nowhere near accepting the fact that criminalizing millions of users and growers is impossible or there’s no victim there’s no crime law, which has to be changed to socially accepted legislation. Anyway, medical weed has been technically legal in Italy for 1,5, but new law ruled out the option of autoproduction, which pushed doctors and patients for importing weed from Holland for a price close to 80 euro a gram if I remember well. Yeah, government bullshit as always.

Anyway, going back to the grow, I finished with 12 seedlings basically, and two beans still in the ground. Have these two Grape Apes still going on. Yeah they’re actually getting stronger with every day, and I was even thinking about cloning, but we’ll see. We also have a quite nice bunch of Grape Dogz, which look a bit different from the Gas, they have purple legs and small, thick, and dark green first leaves. But it’s really hard to say what it is gonna be with these ones. Still hope for a nice smoke here.

Then few O.G. Kushes are growing too, and one was a little different, darker, less delicate leg, which means it might be a Ultra O.G., which is O.G. Kush x MK Ultra, a parent of Aurora Ultra, which will be popped very soon I think as this is my favorite medicinal strain at the moment. Really, after smoking it I just cannot go back to other indicas, even Grape Ape, which I’ve just finished, is not that good to be honest. It’s a real painkiller strain giving me great relief when I have back problems, and it’s also very giggly and kinda uplifting to a certain level. Also, quite potent. There’s a pheno called Super Frosty, which kills me with 2-3 tokes completely. I’ll be working with it a lot I can feel :smokin:

I’ve also been smoking and thinking how these terpenes break down nicely with time and relative potency is raising. My Orient Express went exotic fruit all the way close to papaya/strawberry smell I think. Taste went sourish though like one of these brutal hazes, more sour than Sour Diesel or Trainwreck. The last one became like ammonia when you sniff it, very tangy. Here I got the cleanest smoke though, smooth as lemonade and very lemoney.

Anyway, I still prefer my Nanda Devi, I’ve made this hash and when it’s finished I’m gonna have to make some more. It’s such a happy and stimulating strain and meditative and erotic too. It’s the best strain with worst taste I’ve ever smoked. But hash offsets a lot of downsides to it, still this very weird smoky exhale is definitely a part of it. Well, anyway I wouldn’t swap it, cause there’s a Shiva power there :hippy:

As far as plants are concerned I think it’s still to early to pluck some leaves for Brix checkup. At the moment they have to fight recurring cold, low sun activity, and high RH. That’s how you treat them to get the monsters that will survive everything later. Less insect problems, less mold, greater vigor during temps changes, stronger stems that way. Also plants grown under sunlight from the beginning tend to be higher in THC, and they will perform better during summer, when temps will reach 105-110F in the shadow. I firmly believe in that, and I am rarely disappointed :)

Yeah ok, here’s photos cause I went on a real rant here, and you have to see these for yourself.

The youngest seedlings:
0032101.jpg
014737.jpg
018500.jpg
020430.jpg
021404.jpg
023337.jpg

The weak Grape Ape:
029248.jpg

Grape Dog:
032201.jpg

034177.jpg

The stronger Grape Ape:
035174.jpg
036165.jpg

Young O.G. Kush:
038159.jpg
044115.jpg

Have a green evening, and don't forget to smoke one :tokin:

If you don't find anything suitable for your pain by the end of this season remind me to send you some fresh beans of AU if I come through with pollination, I never had a better medicinal strain :rollit:

Drive bye and good to see you up and growing again Keepem Green

Thx for stopping by, NCW :welcome:

Yesterday I was rolling some Pakistani, mostly to check how it's been curing, and the blend of muskiness and spiciness is impressive. Also relative potency got to a really good level here as I've been smoking it for 4 hours I think :lot-o-toke:

crosbyjoint_1.jpg

:Namaste:

Great updates Conradino!

I agree that Weed should be legal for all who wish to grow her! Except kids :)...

That Pakistani looks delicious:thumb:

I thought you'd like to see how the plants are doing. The weather is still unstable unfortunately, so they're growing slow, and just yesterday when the sun came out they were very happy for a moment, but today it's cloudy again. But it's not all bad, low temps prevent stem elongation and in the early veg outdoor it doesn't really matter so much. I think I'll force flower 2 or 3 on my windowsill and outplant the rest when the time comes. I also soaked 11 x Ultra Dog today as the New Moon helps with germination.

Ok, here are the pics.

Grape Ape no 1
0012245.jpg
0022205.jpg
0032109.jpg

Grape Ape no 2
0041978.jpg
0071538.jpg

Grape Dog
0081406.jpg
011986.jpg

Seeds ready to be soaked
016615.jpg

As you can see there's big difference in color between first and second set of leaves which means mineral uptake is in order and bacteria are doing their job. Purpling is either from night temps or from genetics, I don't know. Ok, have a green one :hookah:

hey con. see you got your SD line that you were looking for. Like it! The old Cali Sour OG was his SFV OG x AJ's cut of SD...better than newer version now called 818 Headband. I grow it regularly to have ongoing stash of it. His Chem 91 instantly went onto my top tier after 1st grow so you should be a happy camper w/ the 91 x nycd. Like the added Hawaiian part of NYCD.:Namaste:

Bright, I haven't got it yet but I'm thinking about it for the next season. SD is really some unique smoke and I'd like to see how it would grow here. Maybe I'll go for Cali Connection S1 version, we'll see.

Yeah my Ultra Dog seeds are in the cup, and I hope this cross will be outstanding at least. These plants will go all to The Sunny Spot :)

Thx for following, Bapple.
Hopefully good weather is gonna come soon to NorItal, so these babies can catch some sun. In the meantime make yourself comfy and smoke a phatt one :)

I'm tardy, but I'm a good student. :)

Really looking forward to this round Conradino. Love the scenery, great updates and great strains. :thumb:

:cool:

Welcome, Gvt. Next round sure looks good. I just made another batch of bubble yesterday, amazing what u can do with a trim that sat in the freezer for 6 months :)

lol...I made cannabutter out of my trim this time. I had about 2 ounces of popcorn buds too so I did one small batch of bubble and dumped the rest into the butter.

:cool:

Hi Conradino23,

just spotted this

your grow situation has me drooling...

i would be in heaven if i could grow outside like you are...

looking forward to watching this happen :thumb:

Great to have a kangaroo hunter around, u never know what peeks at u from the bushes ;) Feel like home, hghskt. I don't know if it's a growing heaven, I think NorCal or Hawaii are more like it but I do what I can to give my plants all they need and the climate helps sometimes and stomps on me in the same time as those who followed me before know very well :hookah:

And by the way here are fresh photos of not so fresh 6-months-cured Orient Express.

The older the better to a certain point :lot-o-toke: I see this 5-6 months frame as a breaking point for the taste and relative potency. All buds get slightly stronger, and terpenes become heavier, and most of them are lost, but then the ones that remained oxide more and get a new character. Also, beware on one plants there can be a bud that will kill you with two tokes and the one which you have to smoke a whole bowl to get properly high. OE is a calm sativa-dominant strain with strong South Asian landrace-sativa influence, and quite nice high, but safe enough to call it a medical strain. Very dreamy and happy with a slight kick on the creativity. Mid-grade potency, low yielder, but extremely immune to high humidity and with nice bag appeal.

I'm just thinking, do they sell properly cured weed, I mean cured for a longer time, in Cali in Washington or Colorado? I just figured I never asked :hookah:

surfaris_oe.jpg
surfaris_oe2.jpg
surfaris_oe3.jpg
surfaris_oe4.jpg

:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom