Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Systems

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

Old gang in da house, I love it :)
Well, weather will get better in your parts eventually you'll see. Here with such a nice spring we're looking at a great summer possibly. Yeah the last one was so fucked up, that I wanna forget about it. Only dry September rescued my crop :)

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

You know, C,
I have smoked Mexican herb that was borderline psychedelic in potency and high type. Just few and far between. I think lots of the bad stereotype with Mexican "schwag" comes from improper drying curing and storage. Their are some good Mexican genetics out there, DJ Short uses a Mexican landrace in breeding projects, if I recall correctly. Yeah at least with Flo, that's true. It will be great to see what comes of it for you. I'm guessing good things. :)

I really hope so, cause that's what I heard about the best smoke from Mexico. Was it very speedy, CO?

I have smoked pounds of mexi, lol. The good stuff I can remember being psychedelic mind fuck high type. As it's all sativa I'm sure there are some real "speedy" varieties as well, I can't remember. Lol, it's been SO long.

i had my fair share of speedy with good sativas

i remember this one time, we drove all night to some creepy guy out of town to get some dope and i was already 2 days without sleep cause i was out of medicine. When i got home i was soo tired, all i wanted was to smoke a fat joint and go to sleep happy, little i knew it was some good sativa shit and i felt like i was injected with caffeine shots. Stayed another day up without sleep and wasnt even tired, everytime i fell off and felt like sleeping i just rolled another and i was good to go!

I really should get some sativas going for next season, unbeatable medicine :circle-of-love:

what would you guys recommend for a good sativa, like a good pheno of a mostly sativa hybrid i can find from some dutch breeder?

Greenhouse SLH!

Or see graytail's ministry of seeds carnival. That one looked great, haven't grown it myself though.

Greenhouse SLH!

Nice :high-five: love me some haze, i'll definitely take this under consideration. Thanks :)

CO & 420brother, I actually want to omit excessive speediness that's why I'm asking :) I mean I don't mind to be stimulated even a fair dose, but when I smoke my Malawi Gold I really have to make it a trip literally, I have to be ready to go out and do couple of circles around the forest or otherwise I have to move/dance for half an hour without a reason to my favorite record :laughtwo: I remember when I was still in a phaze of discovering what sativas were really about, I mean I didn't smoke a pure one, I found a thread on a growers forum, don't remember which one, where some old timer was explaining that smoking one of the old school sativas was like getting high on crystal when it hit, and I said WTF? But then I understood it :) Yeah, this smoke can really scramble your brain if you're not careful with the dose. It's such a head high sometimes that you go on a mini-trip. Borderline psychedelic, yeah well said.

I made some dry sift from my Nanda Devi today, and I have to say it's one of the happiest smoke I ever tried in my life. It's just a bliss, and no comedown at all :lot-o-toke:

grats on the dry sift brother :thumb:

my dream is to someday have a garden big enough so i can make concentrates and not run out until the next harvest is due.

im more of a bubble guy but im always down for some 73μ sift rips :rofl:

i think concentrates are the future of this industry and soon enough people will eliminate the middle man (herb) and start asking for them exclusively!

Yeah having a big stash is a good thing. I finished with almost 2 lbs of bud & hash last year, which I will never be able to smoke by myself :) I did some bubble too actually, extremely brutal stuff from Cotton Candy and Trainwreck. After one toke I was really stoned like for the first time, there must be 40-50% THC there easily. Yeah but I usually stick to dry sift for the time, simplicity and flavors which are lost in bubble :bong:

Hi Conradino,

I'm late but present. I'm really looking forward to your grow. I'd love to grow outside but I live in the suburbs and nosy neighbors plus a bunch of stoner teenagers tells me it's a bad idea. I will have to live vicariously through your and other outdoor grows here at 420. Best of luck on the grow!!!

Great to see you've made it here, doc :)
Make yourself comfy and feel free to do whatever you have to do :smokin:

I wanted to show you how my natural soil looks when there's just a little compost in it. It's so called loam, calcareous type of soil composed mainly of marl, clay and some other rocks brought here by moraine during last glaciation. This is where I've pplanted today few of my O.G. Kush seeds that popped nicely. I had one taproot just fell off, but that's ok, cause the other ones look ok. I basically took this soil from my garden, where I saw there was little organic matter on the top, added biochar, volcanic rock powder and crushed egg shells (calcium carbonate and trace minerals).

terra_1.jpg
terra_2.jpg
terra_3.jpg
terra_4.jpg
terra_5.jpg

O.G. Kush, which I've had last year from the same seeds looked like that:

ogkush33.jpg

Anyway, ATM I have two Mendocino Grape Apes, which grow slowly, and one is very weak, but as soon as they start putting out second set of leaves, they will gain vigour. I don't pull the plant usually, even if I see it grows very slowly, I just wait as I have a lot of time :) Then I have two young Mendocino Grape Dogs, which look good, well these seeds are fresh, and four more in the ground. I think I'm gonna take a break in germinating seeds until 22nd, when the New Moon shows, so I can start with AU x Chem Dog '91/NYCD, which I call Ultra Dog in my mind. These will be planted in The Sunny Spot, and here I will pollinate.

Ok, so here's the strong Mendocino Grape Ape:

mga_1.jpg
mga_2.jpg
mga_3.jpg

And here's the weak one:

mga_4.jpg

And here are two Mendocino Grape Dogs, which just broke the ground:

mgd.jpg
mgd_2.jpg

:Namaste:

Great update Conradino,

I've had a few of those slow seeds. I've got one right now in the 3rd week of flower. The thing is tiny. It's in a 10 gallon pot of living soil and I vegged it for over 2 months. I'll be lucky to get an ounce of it. I'm to far in to kill it but space indoors is precious. Hopefully it will be top shelf bud.

I hope you're gonna get high as a kite on it :bong:

off to a good start neighbor :thumb:

I hope you're gonna enjoy it here, Subnoise :)

Hmmm I just PMed by my buddy, who read the journal, and he said that what I've been telling you was MMM x GA cross is in fact original Grape Ape seeds which he got from a grower that moved to SoCal from Mendocino. Well, that solves the mystery at least, and explains why I see purpling on the tips of the leaves. It's most likely a trait of another strain called Mendocino Purps that's a part of this cross.

Ok guys, have a green one :bong:

Ack, I missed the beginning!

It's great to see a new journal from you, Conradino. :thumb:

Re: speedy, buzzy strains - yep, my Carnival pheno is the buzziest pot I've smoked in decades! And it grows like a hybrid. :cheesygrinsmiley: Can't wait to see how your Mexicans turn out!

Back
Top Bottom