Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Systems

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

And by the way here are fresh photos of not so fresh 6-months-cured Orient Express.

The older the better to a certain point :lot-o-toke: I see this 5-6 months frame as a breaking point for the taste and relative potency. All buds get slightly stronger, and terpenes become heavier, and most of them are lost, but then the ones that remained oxide more and get a new character. Also, beware on one plants there can be a bud that will kill you with two tokes and the one which you have to smoke a whole bowl to get properly high. OE is a calm sativa-dominant strain with strong South Asian landrace-sativa influence, and quite nice high, but safe enough to call it a medical strain. Very dreamy and happy with a slight kick on the creativity. Mid-grade potency, low yielder, but extremely immune to high humidity and with nice bag appeal.

I'm just thinking, do they sell properly cured weed, I mean cured for a longer time, in Cali in Washington or Colorado? I just figured I never asked :hookah:

surfaris_oe.jpg
surfaris_oe2.jpg
surfaris_oe3.jpg
surfaris_oe4.jpg

:hookah:

Delicious :rollit:

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

nice ganja :thumb:

Hi Conradino,

Great pictures and information! I can tell you there is NO properly cured bud available anywhere for sale in WA. Dispensary growers dry it and sell it. The medical is a bit better because it sits around longer but the growers are all in it for quick turnaround.

The only properly dried and cured weed I've smoked was Thai Stick in the 70s and 80s and my own grows.

I see that little one pulled through:thumb:... Hope she's really potent!

Thx for clearing that up, guys. Just what I thought after watching few documentaries about the scene in US. All these budz looked totally uncured for me. You know, they went through 10-14 days of drying, and that's it. Well, commercial growing is a weight and speed game in the end, so any proper curing gets in the way here. It is what it is I guess, and any grower doing it on his own is probably far better off. Well, another myth shattered :hookah:

Agreed. I think the way the produce is handled once dried is a mild problem in general. I can see a month cure (or whatever time you want to insert here) as being another positive for the home-grower. I have gotten right into my harvest before depending on my own reserve status, and also agree with the plateau achieved around the 2-3 month mark. My last 2 harvests have had a portion get a good 5-6 month cure and after about 3 months it all seems to stabilize and not change much after that. But that 3 months in the jar IS necessary for proper smoke...IMO.

:cool:

Word, Gvt :hookah:

Hmmm I've just smoked some Super Lemon Haze cat piss grown on a desert :hookah: I kinda find it weird that any haze or skunk/haze strain seems very heavy after a pure sativa :passitleft: When I was hit with that mental wave for the first time I had difficulties putting everything together like on a kicking acid almost for a moment :) Well, this very particular feeling of happines and oneness I found only in these sativas :hookah: And there's no comedown, even if high lastst 3, 4 hours easily. Gradually it just melts into everyday experience and the happiness stays anyway. You can really say it gives you a different perspective :hookah:

I have some white fire that's been curing for 11 months. It is easily The best smoke I've ever had and is the first crop I ever dried and cured properly. Since that harvest I've had 2 more, super lemon Haze and moonshine haze that I dried and cured in the same manor. Both are really topnotch. The MSH has just hit the sweet spot and is quickly winning me over. It's amazing what happens after 2-3 months.

Now that I know the truth, it's easy too see how the dry and cure is JUST as important as the grow for conesuer grade marijuana. Maybe even more so. All my friends that grow for dispensaries are always trying to get me to trade or sell my weeds. I had to stop trading after I ended up just giving away the crap I traded for.

Long story short, the public pay $20 a gram for weed I won't even smoke.

I have some GDP and Blue Dream that's been curing for two years. I guess I'll have to break some out and try it. I don't smoke much I ingest most of my weed but once a week I golf and we always have a bowl or two and the guys I golf with love the GDP. Don't have a lot left of the GDP about a Half a quart jar. I'll be growing some more starting the first of April if it all works out.:peace::goodjob::tokin:

Welcome BB to this ship full of weed stories. GDP to.play golf? Isn't it an indica strain? :bong: :)

Hmmm yeah cured weed is like gold of marijuana market, top league. But if it happens on the other side of the pond, you can immagine what happens here in Italy where selling and growing are illegal :) Really good wee goes at 15-18 euros a gram easily :) What you find around usually is just shit or even worse than shit :) I stopped looking long time ago to be honest. Hmm these Colombian or Thai buds in the 70s must've been pretty well cured if they're still the golden standard? :passitleft:

Yes sir they were. I still have dreams about that stuff. Then again, I was young and my experiences could have been tainted by my inexperience. However, the Thai sticks I bought back in the day are definitely my golden standard for sativa mind trip and they were the only well cured weed I ever had until the WiFi.

I feel for you Conradino! Italy is old school eh? Do you think they will change the laws in your lifetime? I'll tell you I never thought I would see the day weed was legal here in the US. and now states are falling in line one after another.

The dispensaries here don't properly cure. Not the 2 I've been to anyway. And they still charge roughly $20/gram. I have some Jack Herer from my first grow that's been curing over a year. There is only maybe 4 grams left and it is treasured. Great smoke. I have other stuff curing for around 6 months now and they are amazing too. Crazy what good cured bud smokes like. I've been missing out for years. Not anymore :)

i've never smoked from a dispensary cause we dont have them in europe (well not in my country anyway) but i hear around that they just cut it down, dry it and sell it. Isn't that absurd for the price they're pushing it for? If someone's gonna pay 15 to 30 bucks a gram it might aswell be the best godamn herb he/she smoked and not some blowdried trimmed shit.

I feel for you Conradino! Italy is old school eh? Do you think they will change the laws in your lifetime? I'll tell you I never thought I would see the day weed was legal here in the US. and now states are falling in line one after another.

If by old school you mean conservative, you're right. Don't forget that you're talking about a state with about 80% of population declaring itself as catholic and with strong nationalist non-libertarian right :) It's gonna happen here eventually I'm sure, but when nobody knows :hmmmm:

By the way I snapped some pics on this sunny day. Temps are going to high 60s and life looks good again. I buried 5 Ultra Dog seeds today. I'm getting 100% germination rate here, so tomorrow they will all be in the ground :tokin:

win_2.jpg
win_3.jpg
win_6.jpg
win_5.jpg
win_1.jpg
win_4.jpg
win_7.jpg

:tokin:

Beautiful looking day there Conradino. I love this time of year. Nice job on the 100% germination rate. I'm a conservative right wing republican so I understand the challenge there. It's all about education I believe. Change is a lot slower when your dealing with conservatives.

Conservative right wing republican and marijuana grower/lover :) I love how it all breaks down when we deal with weed and other drugs, herbs or psychedelics :) For the record, I don't think I ever said it here, I consider myself right wing anarchist or anarchocapitalist, but I'm a pagan, and it's weird enough trying to explain this point of view to Italians, who are either right wing catholic conservatists or left wing secular liberals, being all anti-free market no matter how you cut it, which is what I'm opposed to although there's nothing I can do cause I'm a part of rather radical minority. But I have better things to do than pondering politics all day anyway :hookah:

nice update brother, they be loving that mediterranean sunshine

if you get your extremely catholic christians people to legalize it please drop by Greece and convince our extremely orthodox christians to do the same, sincerely the whole country.

legalize it already Europe :yikes:

This discussion on curing was insightful and will do much to keep me out of the majority of my harvest for another two months. Thank you gentlemen.

nice update brother, they be loving that mediterranean sunshine

if you get your extremely catholic christians people to legalize it please drop by Greece and convince our extremely orthodox christians to do the same, sincerely the whole country.

legalize it already Europe :yikes:

As soon as we legalize it here, we'll definitely drop by to stir the pot in Greece ;)

Anyway, I've just come back home from work and found one OG Kush dead from the sun, weak pheno I'm afraid, and I think I'll pull or outplant this sad Grape Ape, cause now it's apparent nothing good will come out of this seedling, DNA mutated too much. Otherwise they grow on and really catch fire!

Have a great weekend everybody :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom