Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Systems

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

thanks for pointing out the importance of curing bud properly

very surprised that the dispensaries in u.s.a don't bother to cure their gear...
what is the point otherwise? and people pay so much for it after all...
is sad after the battles to have it legalized, sort of dropping the ball really

i'm off to read up on drying and curing

bong on :volcano-smiley:

Re: Still Growing- SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Syst

Hmm guys, it's really nice of you that you follow this grow really, so you deserve an update :)
Today I was making bamboo biochar and it looked like that:

biochar2.jpg
biochar3.jpg
biochar4.jpg
biochar5.jpg
biochar6.jpg
biochar7.jpg

And dig this. It's how biochar gets colonized by fungi on a partly burnt log. It looks something like that:

biochar1.jpg

Otherwise temps went up to high 70s in Fahrenheit today or 24-25°C, and I took some family pics.

This is Grape Ape:

ga1.jpg

ga5.jpg

ga6.jpg

ga7.jpg

Grape Dogs:

gd13.jpg

gd23.jpg

gd32.jpg

gd42.jpg

gd51.jpg

O.G. Kushes:

og134.jpg
og224.jpg
og314.jpg
og412.jpg
og513.jpg

As you can see some are stronger, some are weaker. I get white spot, bleach or rusty hole here and there, but I'm not gonna go mental about it. Some of this can be attributed to misting in the full sun... well, I wake up too late sometimes :bong: Some to weaker phenos, too old seeds, and some to low nitrogen I think. I deliberately put compost away in order to check what happens when you really go for low reserves of it in the soil, and while you cannot see any serious deficiency I think it's time to boost their foliage/stem growth a little bit. They weren't treated with anything till this point as you know, so here comes stinging nettle liquid extract, which I've been fortunately holding in my water tank up in the hills for almost a year. While I was making the biochar I filled one half a gallon bottle, and then at home I diluted in half while adding some calcium carbonate water. I'll use this in the next three days on few plants, which I expect to react well for it, cause I've been using it for the last couple of seasons, and they love it :circle-of-love: :morenutes:

Stinging nettle is a type of hyperaccumulator basically, exactly as the cannabis is :) It holds the power of NPKCa as 4-1-1-2 with additional minerals such as magnesium, silica, sulphur, copper, chromium, zinc, cobalt, iron, and manganese :) This is a general organic fertilizer, which can also be used to foliar feed or as insecticide. It's non-specific, which means it brings the plant to the optimum health without destroying the nutrient balance as plants sucks out everything very quickly (chemically these nutrients are chelated as soon as they dissolve in water), especially nitrogen, and gets very vigorous in 24-48 hours.

:hookah:

:bravo: Great ingenuity to make your own Conradino!

Is stinging nettle similar to yucca?

I don't know that, Gvt. And I never used yucca.

Thx, doc.
Typical indica features, but that's what Grape Ape is supposed to look like. She could use a one boost before flowering, which is what I'm gonna do :hookah:

sweet update neighbour, looking good there :thumb:

good info too, thanks for sharing

:Namaste:

Thank you guys, it's being appreciated!

I've just treated all the plants with SN extract as moon is 94% lit ATM with full moon coming in two days, which is always best time to fertilize as plants transport every drop of water in the soil to the top nods going with the gravitation pull. I'll post some pics in the next few days, so you can figure if there's a difference. I hope to take my first Brix reading pretty soon too :)

Thank you guys, it's being appreciated!

I've just treated all the plants with SN extract as moon is 94% lit ATM with full moon coming in two days, which is always best time to fertilize as plants transport every drop of water in the soil to the top nods going with the gravitation pull. I'll post some pics in the next few days, so you can figure if there's a difference. I hope to take my first Brix reading pretty soon too :)

I'm going to try the full moon fertilising.......

Try it. Going with natural rhythm is what organic gardeners should do. Plants get exactly what they need in time when they can use it the most. This approach has never let me down!

Ciao Conradino!
Was just thinking of the full moon thing.....while reading a thread.
Check out terran05 thread 'Plant problem' never seen that before.

Can you post a link, man?

Ok, I replied in your thread. Good luck in solving your issues.

Bapple go to the Journal page and click the https://www........ it will turn blue, copy, come back and paste.

I found it. LOL plants problem help

Hello Cruizer, thank you! Do you know where I find the url on an iPad? Or how to do it from an iPad.....

Welcome, High Yogi.
How have you been? Ready for another ride? :)

Hm guys, went for a hike today, and broke some sweat. Came back home, took a shower, got high on my favorite Himalayan hash :tokin: and this is what I have for you. Introducing The Mountain spot...

With terra rossa (Terra rossa (soil) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which 10 lbs or 5 ks I think I brought home, and mixed with my already ready soil mix 50/50:

top117.jpg

So that's it, I wish I could show you more :)
top220.jpg
top312.jpg
top412.jpg

Otherwise, firsthand perceived effect of SN extract is doubling in stink overnight with Grape Ape, but I'll take photos in two days I think when plant really absorbs it all. I'm glad I did it. It always helped with seedlings grown from old seeds or having vigor issues. I actually saved this Afghan by giving it to her, and she turned something like that.

afghan_12.JPG
afghan_31.JPG
afghan_41.JPG
IMG_59212.JPG
IMG_59204.JPG

And I was just thinking as photo browser has just randomly shown one of my old indoor plants, and most of you saw only what I've been doing outdoor, that you could like these pics from my old grow :)

AK-48 from Nirvana:

ak48_12.jpg
ak48_15.jpg
ak48_19.jpg

Twilight from Dutch Passion:

twilight_20.jpg
twilight_17.jpg
twilight_11.jpg

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom