Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

re: Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

It doesn't let me reply either. Sigh. It's hard to hint when you're trying not be obvious. I'm sure you're fine. I just noticed because I used to work behind there. I'm going to get posting haha.

re: Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

It doesn't let me reply either. Sigh. It's hard to hint when you're trying not be obvious. I'm sure you're fine. I just noticed because I used to work behind there. I'm going to get posting haha.

Not too worried about that price tag lots of people shop there. I debated it for a while. Oh well. I really appreciate your concern man, lots of reps to you.

Not too worried about that price tag lots of people shop there. I debated it for a while. Oh well. I really appreciate your concern man, lots of reps to you.

It's the mom in me? I'd rather be safe than sorry. No problem though.

Besides, as a plus, I can message people now! :yahoo:

20160110_103830.jpg
This was minutes before a power outage that lasted 2 hours.
20160110_150204.jpg
so I panicked at first and was lighting candles and shinning a flashlight on them.. Then my brilliant gf :circle-of-love:was like "why don't you put them in the daylight at the window" ... Omg... I'm so glad to have some brains around. So they spent some time in the window sill relishing the natural uv light from the cloudy day. I know these are autos and light schedule doesn't matter, I'm just very very worried about possible he/she'ism (trademark☺)... One pollen sack and my plants are done!! I don't want to repeat a past mistake. I've got questions about that later.

Almost up to date here, cheers all

is there a reason you left a big space in pot? I mean you could add more soil. Does it help with lst or lights or something?

by the way they look so healthy and happy:thumb:

20160117_174359.jpg
canopy view of Maria day54
20160117_174349.jpg
side shot of Maria on day 54

I'll do a little summary of this quiet little girl called Maria. As she emerged into this world as a preemie compared to her sisters, two tiny colydon leaves barely opened. Staying very small for her first 2 weeks and half the size of her sister only days older, she was destined for a topping. I figured I'm better to have 4 small Colas rather than one small plus some "popcorn". This looks like it was a good decision now as she is getting older. Minor Lst on her creating a modest flux style stance, she grew up quickly. Despite my abuses with a minor deficiency , which as you can see has cleared up, and a coderization of one her tips. She has steadily been filling up the pot. Around day 52 she finally started her pistil production, nearly two weeks behind her sisters.:thedoubletake:I have to say she is my favourite to preen out of the three, she is more unique I guess. We'll that's the run down for this peculiar gal of mine.

Up to date for Maria

is there a reason you left a big space in pot? I mean you could add more soil. Does it help with lst or lights or something?

by the way they look so healthy and happy:thumb:
It seems that you may be onto something gyftobill, I really just noticed how low they seem. It does help a little with Lst'ing but it wasn't that which I had it mind. I only had so much promix+ mixed up at once and I filled the pots evenly. I guess with waterings and little root mass(I need voodoo juice) the soil has been able to compact more with Maria than the other two. Nadine and Priscilla 's pots have not gone down as much. Thanks for the criticism ☺, love this site!

20160110_103830.jpg
This was minutes before a power outage that lasted 2 hours.
20160110_150204.jpg
so I panicked at first and was lighting candles and shinning a flashlight on them.. Then my brilliant gf :circle-of-love:was like "why don't you put them in the daylight at the window" ... Omg... I'm so glad to have some brains around. So they spent some time in the window sill relishing the natural uv light from the cloudy day. I know these are autos and light schedule doesn't matter, I'm just very very worried about possible he/she'ism (trademark☺)... One pollen sack and my plants are done!! I don't want to repeat a past mistake. I've got questions about that later.

Almost up to date here, cheers all

i've heard about stress sex change many times. a fellow grower told me that it has happened to him by messing around with them during lights off but, he grows photos. now that would be great info for all of us to know what is true and what is myth.

I hope nothing happened to your girls.

20160117_174253.jpg
side view of Nadine on day 55
20160117_174317.jpg
canopy view of Nadine on day 55

Now for the middle child, Nadine. What treat to train, She was so receptive to the low stress training that I started at a very early age. Making it around half the pot before she was released upon full flowering stage. Once she was horizontal her secondary growth shot up and multiplied. After the change over to LEDs she started getting a little light burn cracks in the foliage so I back them away from the fixture. I've since let her get closer since she is in flower mode full steam ahead. These days she is almost as big as Priscilla but doesn't quite have the same stature. Minor nute burnt tips showed me I went over the line, I've recalibrated my nute mix and flushed with a little extra PhD water.(This applies to Priscilla as well) the only thing about Nadine is her "Willy nilly'ness" when it came to offshoots from the main stems, very selective. One side of the node wouldn't budge, and the other explodes into a new growth tips. I also had a few leaves and/or tips that never grew they kinda just wilted away without any growth at all. Anyways all is good with young lass, she's just the average girl.

Up to date for Nadine

It seems that you may be onto something gyftobill, I really just noticed how low they seem. It does help a little with Lst'ing but it wasn't that which I had it mind. I only had so much promix+ mixed up at once and I filled the pots evenly. I guess with waterings and little root mass(I need voodoo juice) the soil has been able to compact more with Maria than the other two. Nadine and Priscilla 's pots have not gone down as much. Thanks for the criticism ☺, love this site!

No no no you got me wrong. NO CRITISISM by me dude i just didnt know if it was a part of the grow plan or it was something random.
i'm a noob so everything diferent i see i like to understand it.:love:

No no no you got me wrong. NO CRITISISM by me dude i just didnt know if it was a part of the grow plan or it was something random.
i'm a noob so everything diferent i see i like to understand it.:love:

I guess critiscm was the wrong word, no problem man. I should have said critique, or observation. All the same I just thank you for your time and thoughts friend. Cheers, don't be shy to point something out... Ever... Because you never know what someone might have missed. I see my babies every day and become blind to minor things, you guys have a birds eye view and can see changes in things more obviously. :Namaste:

20160117_174242.jpg
canopy view of Priscilla on day 56
*I see what Atrain means about how your plants look when they're happy. I see my leaves slightly pointing upwards with a slight bend and a healthy shade of green.*ill need to reread that post to refresh my memory, but pris looks very good.
20160117_174231.jpg
side view of Priscilla on day 56

Now on to my eldest, what a spitfire she has been since her early days. She got the first shovel of soiless mix (I know I've put soil a few times, apologies) and was the first to germinate. Then she was the first to get 4 cfls to herself. First to get what I'm going to dub "MATRIX" training. Where the secondary growth is interwoven almost since I keep having to reroute the tips back toward the center then across. I'll try and detail this later, the skeleton will help show it. Also the first to flower and stop stretching and now is the best looking girl in the gang, that's enough for first.
Other than the accidental fim'd fim'ing that tarded her a little she has excelled in her short and healthy life.

That's all folks up to date. :thumb:
following picture updates will be weekly on picture day at Stinky Snid's nursery school which is on Sundays. Unless issues arise that need some attention. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Really guys, thanks so much

I guess critiscm was the wrong word, no problem man. I should have said critique, or observation. All the same I just thank you for your time and thoughts friend. Cheers, don't be shy to point something out... Ever... Because you never know what someone might have missed. I see my babies every day and become blind to minor things, you guys have a birds eye view and can see changes in things more obviously. :Namaste:

Sure thing man:thumb::volcano-smiley::love::cheer:
have to do a last check on girls and have some sleep a lot of work tomorrow morning.
good night man and to all of your girls:high-five::volcano-smiley:

20160110_103642.jpg
let there be light, I know you noticed these lights and I've not used them as grow lights. I don't think they would be effective (any comments), but I have no idea. They sure allow me to see the underbellies of the plants and makes defoliation or training easier. By easier I mean less chance of not seeing that tip and crushing it with the wire ties or pruning implements. Anyways thought I'd clarify. I did originally think it may work but idk.

A little discussion topic to keep this thread fresh. Also how does this rep+ stuff work?

*I see what Atrain means about how your plants look when they're happy. I see my leaves slightly pointing upwards with a slight bend and a healthy shade of green.

Looking at your last picture and it's clear your girls are praying hard to their god of light. Good job buddy!

i think side lights would be very helpful at any period of plants life if its the right one. cold white for grow and yellow hot for bloom if i got it correct.

Those strip LEDs are 6500k white light. I thought they could do the trick but I don't think they're strong enough. Also they don't have proper reflectors to direct the light where I want it. It's a cool idea, but not very practical yet. Let me know if you folks think otherwise, I'd be grateful for it.
Cheers all

I want to try light strips too. I've seen a few grows when they look like they might have helped, but I won't be able to say for sure until I've tried them for myself. Ya know?

At the very least, I can't see it doing any harm.

I also have another question, I alluded to it earlier with my he/she'ism(trademark☺) fears. I had Og Kush photo period that went full term under cfls/t5's. Unfortunately she had developed a total of six staminate flowers (males) on six different branches. Now, I tried so hard to catch these flowers and managed to find 4 out of the six before they opened up. But two of these sucker evaded my detection and I only discovered them after by seeing pollen all over the leaf below the open "sack" of pollen. Stressful conditions and bad nutrient care were to blame, in the end Resulting in total pollenization of my beautifully fluxed frame that grew for 3+ months. This all happened in week 3 or so of flower so the buds were barely 'triched out' (trademark☺) What a waste! I've got hundreds of seeds from her that are either 'a' class or "b" class seeds.

From what I've read these will all be feminized seeds, correct? What is the likelihood that these seeds will "all" hermaphrodite on me if grown out? Can I flower photo's immediately after seedling stage?
My plan is to grow a few seedlings and flower them right away to confirm feminization, will my strategy be able to determine hermie'ism aswell?

Getting more complex than I wanted to, but poop happens. :thanks: all

Back
Top Bottom