Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

I also have another question, I alluded to it earlier with my he/she'ism(trademark☺) fears. I had Og Kush photo period that went full term under cfls/t5's. Unfortunately she had developed a total of six staminate flowers (males) on six different branches. Now, I tried so hard to catch these flowers and managed to find 4 out of the six before they opened up. But two of these sucker evaded my detection and I only discovered them after by seeing pollen all over the leaf below the open "sack" of pollen. Stressful conditions and bad nutrient care were to blame, in the end Resulting in total pollenization of my beautifully fluxed frame that grew for 3+ months. This all happened in week 3 or so of flower so the buds were barely 'triched out' (trademark☺) What a waste! I've got hundreds of seeds from her that are either 'a' class or "b" class seeds.

From what I've read these will all be feminized seeds, correct? What is the likelihood that these seeds will "all" hermaphrodite on me if grown out? Can I flower photo's immediately after seedling stage?
My plan is to grow a few seedlings and flower them right away to confirm feminization, will my strategy be able to determine hermie'ism aswell?

Getting more complex than I wanted to, but poop happens. :thanks: all

Is there any insight on this question. Please and thank you

Guess no takers on that question. Let's see if I can get a confirmation of calcium deficiency.

20160126_222715.jpg
yesterday worst leaf
20160127_150615.jpg
today worst leaf

It was too early to water/feed them yesterday when I noticed some rusty spots on my eldest. I double dosed the calmag last feeding and today I triple dosed. My ph is steady at 6.0-6.7 depending on the pots moisture/water table. So I don't think I'm locked out, is there really that much calmag effect from the LEDs. I read that they can't get enough of it under LEDs, is that true? This I the second feeding of 1.5ml / litre of b52,big bud, bud candy, x factor, Overdrive, and a new addition this time of 1ml of prosilica, and 2ml of sensyzime. Hope they like it. S#$& isn't cheap,Spoiled rotten girls ...

20160127_202253.jpg
the problem is progressing, still looks like calcium to me. Is this bad for late flower, or are the buds sucking the nutrients from the leaves... I can't add more calcium through roots, should I foliar feed? Or clip the ugly leaves and ignore them

Only advice I'm experienced enough to give is, don't expect the damaged leaves to be repaired, and there's no need to force the removal of the damaged leaves. Most would advise to leave them until the plant has discarded them itself.

Look to new growth for signs of progression, retest PH, water temp, the usual stuff...

Is there any insight on this question. Please and thank you

Yes they will all be feminized seeds. There was no male pollen to induce anything but... Depending on genetics, and vigor of the pheno type(s) I'd > assume< you have a 80/20 % ratio in favor of them being straight up females. Now if they where fem'd seeds to begin with, you might have a bit more of an issue. Due to the lack of male pollen giving a genetically unstable stable background to begin with.. if your mothers where fem'd to begin with, the ratio would be more like 50/50. Did you have any light leaks ? Any sharp ppm adjustments? :hmmmm:

EDIT: I just found out you like to hunt? Check out my > thread <, I'm sure it will put a smile on your face :)

"Yes they will all be feminized seeds. There was no male pollen to induce anything but... Depending on genetics, and vigor of the pheno type(s) I'd > assume< you have a 80/20 % ratio in favor of them being straight up females. Now if they where fem'd seeds to begin with, you might have a bit more of an issue. Due to the lack of male pollen giving a genetically unstable stable background to begin with.. if your mothers where fem'd to begin with, the ratio would be more like 50/50. Did you have any light leaks ? Any sharp ppm adjustments?"
They were regular seeds, I had one male and one female. Then the female pollinated herself with two pollen sacks only. So I'll try and flower them immediately from seed to determine if they hermie. I had opened the tent once during lights off, but I think I wasn't feeding her properly. She was always deficient in something once flowering started. I didn't know they would all be seeded since I'm a newbie and I left her under lights thinking she would bulken up.. Nah!

Thanks kidgrow, really appreciate your help. If you got anything to add please do.

20160127_202253.jpg
the problem is progressing, still looks like calcium to me. Is this bad for late flower, or are the buds sucking the nutrients from the leaves... I can't add more calcium through roots, should I foliar feed? Or clip the ugly leaves and ignore them

Calcium deficiency symptoms appear initially as localized tissue necrosis which leads to stunted plant growth, necrotic leaf margins on young leaves or curling of the leaves, and eventually to their demise/death. I just realized this was an Auto.... If I where you, I'd go try to locate some "Haifa cal". Or "RAW" calcium from NPK water=soluble.(10$ per package that last 3 harvest + you can get pure calcium all the ways to potassium from them, also with this type of feeding you wont need to flush ;) ). Because this then gives the plant EXACTLY what it needs, instead of overdosing her with magnesium, or nitrogen.. Cal mag (I've said this elsewhere as well) should not be everyone's #1 "go to" when faced with deficiencies. Let's not neglect the fact that calmag has more then" just calcium" in it. ;) Your only solution is now (assuming you do not have either product, or some other form of pure calcium) is to give her a light cal mag solution. As for it being a Auto, I haven't done much experimentation with them. I personally toss out or give away any auto seed I come across. I fooled around with them a couple years back and did some tests, but besides that I can't stand them. "If I can't breed em with time, I leave em behind" ;)

Remember I said light cal-mag solution. You also have some nitrogen toxicity going on there. This can be an issue if you give her to much cal mag. So make sure it's quarter the dose it calls for on the label. (Something like 5ml per gallon right?) All in all, she should be ok. You're worrying a bit to much but with good intent. Just ease off the nutes for a week and give her light solutions. She will bounce back but the damaged leafs wont. So when they get 65-75% dead/crispy then defoliate them. ;) I hope I've helped a bit here. :Namaste:

They were regular seeds, I had one male and one female. Then the female pollinated herself with two pollen sacks only. So I'll try and flower them immediately from seed to determine if they hermie. I had opened the tent once during lights off, but I think I wasn't feeding her properly. She was always deficient in something once flowering started. I didn't know they would all be seeded since I'm a newbie and I left her under lights thinking she would bulken up.. Nah!

Thanks kidgrow, really appreciate your help. If you got anything to add please do.

Ya, you can flower from seed but soon as you see her sex (and it's a she) flip her back under the 18+scheg. Ya, the source of nanners was probably from several things. Possible light leaks and not feeding properly. But that's ok, we all learn this way ;) Always remember, your girls need more Nitrogen in veg, then when you hit her with flowering for the first 5 weeks give her a bit more phosphorus & less nitrogen, then for the last 3-5 weeks give her more potassium and hardly any nitrogen. This will give you the perfect diet for your little girl and make her grow strong big bud cola's ;) :high-five:

I've been using the mj booster I displayed in a post earlier, the npk ratios are very high compared to say my new advanced nutrients grow/micro/bloom. Would this be a reason for the excess nitrogen she's showing, I've not used the grow booster in weeks only the flower and mass boosters. This is what I fed last.
1ml flower, 1ml mass, as base nutrients then added the flowering schedule of AN supplements. And a good 3.5ml of G.O calmag+,and a dose of prosilica. Next feeding/watering is scheduled for Sunday.

oh dude i've been away a few days so sorry about your troubles mate. it looks like super mario dude helps out having great exp.
i think that when you feed Cal you dont want too much nitrogen. have you seen atrains feeding schedules?

As for sex change of plants i knew about light stress and too much trainning stress that could do that but first time i hear about nute problems causing sex change.

As for the seeds i have no idea how all this with fem seeds work. its something i'd like to learn after i feel ok with my growing skills so that i can make some crosses myself.

Crossed fingers for you friend.

Luckily my trial and error phase was with bagseeds. Now I'm on to the premium stuff and things look pretty good. Thanks to months of learning on the job and reading post after post of great information. Read 3 books on growing, jorge 's indoor medical marijuana, growing elite marijuana, and guides from Amsterdam.

20160128_172330.jpg

Now I'm totally organized, everything I need at arms reach. Really hope I get what I pay for on the advanced nutrients. If the monster autos that Atrain had displayed are any example... I'll be happy for sure.

So for a head start on my next run, I'm getting ready for the next batch. I will be following Atrain's full advanced nutrients schedule. I will be doing 2 more northern lights auto CKS's and a pineapple express auto Barney's farm. Let's see the difference. I'll do the same setup only difference is nutrients. I'll give my buddy the old boosters and start the AN line. As soon as these three ladies wrap up their time in the tent, these 3 will go in hopefully at 2-3 weeks of age. After being under T5 and/or cfls before going into the LED tent. I'm hoping to save a little electricity by vegging under T5s instead of led. Is that wise or would they do better under led the whole time? Cuz I could probably squeeze them in the tent as soon as they're past seedling stage.

20160128_172330.jpg

Now I'm totally organized, everything I need at arms reach.

Ahhh, my neatfreakery says thanks for this pic. :)

Really hope I get what I pay for on the advanced nutrients. If the monster autos that Atrain had displayed are any example... I'll be happy for sure.

.. I'm hoping to save a little electricity by vegging under T5s instead of led. Is that wise or would they do better under led the whole time? Cuz I could probably squeeze them in the tent as soon as they're past seedling stage.

I'd say it's personal choice.

Lighting is of course important, but the rest of her environment can just as easily help or hinder her growth. Only way to know for sure what's best for your setup is to try both and accurately record your results, accounting for all the other differences that will occur between grows.

20160129_172933.jpg
best looking stalk on Priscilla day 69 from seed popping from "soil". I started the flush process with her today, I'm guessing I've got 10-14 days left (any opinions?) I'll flush her again once she dries out, then again before harvest. Do I harvest with a wet pot or dry pot? So that I can time it properly.
I flushed with 5 litres of water and got about 2.5 litres of run off its that adequate? Ph came out nearly the same as it went in. 5.8 from 6.2ish... Nasty looking runoff doesn't smell bad though. I got 3 bowls full
20160130_084805.jpg

Hope she has a very good finish. Is there anything I'm forgetting to do in last 2 weeks before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom