Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

The lightening of Nadine's foliage is not getting better, and it seems to be slowing bus growth. Maria is catching up fast. Can anyone diagnose her. You can see Maria in the background she's nice and lush in comparison.
20160203_182929.jpg
20160203_182958.jpg

That's a calcium deficiency. That's also helping to cause other deficiencies. Nitrogen, Iron.. ext.. When a plant looses it's ability to uptake calcium properly it creates or can create a plethora of other issues. Looks like you have a lockout going on. What's your PH at again? Also the ppms? I would flush her good until 10-15% run off. Dose her with a full feeding of calmag before them leafs get to bad. Cause with calcium def. They do not recover. By the looks of it, she's has been in lockout for at least a week or two so you still have some time to save a good amount of foliage on her. When she re-coops, defoliate the dried up and damaged leafs. If they can be saved by just cutting them back a inch or two do that. She might be harder to control cause she's in flower mode. & this might of stunted her growth a bit, along with effecting your end yield. Besides that you should recover. I'll be here to help when needed Begin the flush immediately :thumb:

Will do. I am worried about her. She hasn't gotten any obvious different treatment then her sisters. Really hope this flushing brings her vigour back, she was so much more opened up for light penetration. Sigh.

Once again kidgrow, you're the man. :thanks:

Will do. I am worried about her. She hasn't gotten any obvious different treatment then her sisters. Really hope this flushing brings her vigour back, she was so much more opened up for light penetration. Sigh.

Once again kidgrow, you're the man. :thanks:

It could be several factors why she's locked out. Certain chemical reactions within your medium is preventing the uptake of calcium. Doesn't matter if you're doing the "same methods" with them all. The roots will grow different in each pot and the mycro bugs will behave differently in separate mediums. Also certain mediums might look the same and came from the same bag. But when each potted separately they create their own chemical signatures. Just like you or I. Same species, different pheno ;)

Or it could just be a simple salt build up. If soil isn't watered evenly and mixed before potted. You can create "Drain holes" in the soil. Which are little tunnels so water can just sink along with the nutes and drain through the bottom. Not allowing the roots to uptake what they need. It could be several factors coming into play here. It's also typical of a new grower to worry if they see a bit of discrepancies. Discoloration, wilting, dark coloring ext ... But always remember. Plants are the most resilient bioorganism on the planet. & probably on mars too :p . They can handle almost anything you throw at them. I have confidence she will bounce back, but your going to have to nessel her gently from here on out. Not because she might "die", but because you want her to produce. ;)

14547133468951181673460.jpg
Her green is coming back. Hourray!
1454713410087-777753224.jpg
If im correct it looks like her newer leaves are recovering quickly, the older non damaged leaves are still droopy and dry

Update for Nadine's major hiccup. After a full ph'd water flush and a day of drying she has regained some personality. Her greener leaves are springing back up. The unsightly leaves are being removed a few at a time. i Figured id let her suck out everything she can from them. My hopes are to have her back on track and to finish strong albeit delayed. Thanks to kidgrow420 i may have that chance, i think we saved her just in time. We shall see soon enough.

On a better note, Priscilla is about a week away from chop. (im guessing, 50/50 cloudy/clear) and my Maria is looking fabulous. What a beauty she is going to be, hope she has better luck than Nadine. At this point she has almost caught up in her pistil production to Nadine.

20160205_160919.jpg

Hell Yeah! Im loving this one not he biggest but its glistening in trichomes. (big bud from Priscilla)
1454713445835-1303780729.jpg

Growers note: Ive noticed that since i left all Maria's fan leaves, all the inner undergrowth shoots were in the shade. this forced them up through the canopy and level with it. Since i defolieated Priscilla during the entire process to have better light penatration i noticed the opposite. the growth tips would just stay in spot and flower there. I think ill be leaving all leaves on any topped auto so that i can have many many equal height colas. Chime in guys and gals , whats your experience with minor defoliation during early mid and late flowering stage

i'm glad she is ok mate. i did some defoliation on 3 plants and i cant see any height gain from the bud sides i took out of shadow. so i'm confused too right now. i dont know propably i will defoliate the others only when they get in to full flower. until then i will be cutting only lower yellow leaves and tiny lower-inner branches that cant produce buds.

Day 76 for Priscilla, she got her second flush before harvest. Water was alot more clear this time... Hope that's a good sign. Dried her off with the fan before she went back in the tent and now she's back under the light hogging it all up.
Day 75 for Nadine is a recovery story still. She's been drying out since the flush. She's Looking better with every passing hour, to the point that she is almost lost her discolouration in the Green leaves and the newest leaves seem to be symptom free. ☺
Maria day 74 is coming along great. she's filled out amazingly with all her Colas near level at the canopy. She's a little droopy today, her pot is very light. A full feeding for her today. 1ml/l of b52,bigbud,bud candy, x factor, sensizyme, and now 0.5ml/l of Overdrive a full dose of calmag+, pro silicate, and a teaspoon of molasses. Plus 3ml/l of grow/micro/bloom

Will do a picture update tomorrow, thanks for reading

I'd like for you to meet my newest additions to the family
First off is wonky Winnie a freakish white widow fem. From CKS
2016-02-01_23_28_49.jpg

next up is her twin and non retarded Ellabella a.k.a "StellaEllaBella"
2016-02-01_23_28_17.jpg
Also from CKS the only surviving seed from germination process of my two remaining northern lights auto i attempted. I decided to look into Hawaiian names, this is my Leialoha, meaning darling child
leialoha_day_1.jpg

Moving on, as for the names sake for this pineapple express auto from Barney's farm This is a name meaning "the second child" Kalua
kulua_day0_5.jpg

I've got them in the nursery under 24h T5s. And are on a heating mat.

Haven't decided if I'll add them to this journal or log their early life and start a new journal when this one wraps up. Or have two journals going... Idk.

Ps. Most of the names are chosen by my better half, I've tweaked them a little but it's all approved

mate in the last pic. Is it the first leaves that i see? along with the seed sell and a little part of root? or maybe i'm stoned. but if thats the case put some soil over the root that is exposed to hide it from light.

by the way i love your collection. in a few weeks you will have many choices to smoke

:thumb::cheer:

It's all good gyftobill, thanks for the eagle eyes. I can't hardly see her (it's not the taproot but it's her very early, very weak stem unravelling) I backfilled it once it broke the soiless mix. She's doing just fine. She's got a good inch up now and is working on deploying her first set of leaves. Updates tomorrow for the weekly pics. Plus a new addition to the family, to replace the lost premie

20160207_091121.jpg
Wish I could resub my POM picture with this glamour shot
20160207_091230.jpg
Priscilla day 77 side view
20160207_091250.jpg
Priscilla day 77 canopy view

We'll have a good week of amber alerts from this gal's trichomes. I've been checking daily and still around 50%cloudy 50%clear, the lower buds are all clear still. I'll check again tonight before lights out. I gave her a 5 litre flus yesterday, half of the first one she got last week. I got about 2 litres run off of a much clearer and less yellow/gross water. This is my first experience with trich watch, how often should I be checking?
I'll let her dry out one more time and then likely give her the axe. Unless the Overdrive she got before the flushes delays this babe even longer cuz I'm seeing new white pistils popping out of her main buds. Also, how concerned should I be for nanners and how detailed should my daily inspections be... I hate hermies they ruined my last single plant crop and I'll be damned if I let it happen again. Is defoliation a good thing at this point? She's really trich'ed out at the moment, can't wait to get her in the curing jars

so here is this week's drama queen
20160207_091335.jpg
Nadine e day 76 side view
20160207_091400.jpg
Nadine day 76 canopy view

She's been through a lot this last week. Once the lockout was detected it was off to the flushing station. My guess is a build up of crystalline dried nutrients at the bottom of the pot. Flushed her for a good 5 minutes with Ph 6.0 water. It's been 3 days since the flush and she has regained so spunkyness. Her newer leaves are symptom free and the less affected leaves are returning to a darker green. I see a phosphorus deficiency as she some purple leaf tips and ridges. Today I gave her 250 ml dose worth of micro and bloom right St her stem base (within the solo cup)

After seeing how long it takes for my girls to dry out after waterings, especially with Nadine's flush. I stabbed some slits in her lower pot to allow air in and water out. This gave me the idea of making my makeshift air pots
1454884201362531431999.jpg

More drain holes in the bottom bottom, added holes in the bottom edge and holes up the side. Should I keep going up the pot with more holes?

Back
Top Bottom