Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

Looking great Sue! Man - she is growing fast.

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

I thought I would point to a couple of great Documentaries on Netflix streaming "f u FED UP Congress says pizza is a vegetable" and "Forks Over Knives" as well as "Forks Over Knives - The Extended Interviews" These movies have information that can make you drop your jaw about your health and the food you eat. It was life changing information for me :love: Just as the roots feed the plant nutrients so do our intestines :)

Huh. I'd never thought of my intestines as my "roots", but the correlation is rather sound. Hmmmm. Let me think on that.

I'd play classical music for them. Just put a radio in there...and when the DJ talks it'll just be that smooth low calming voice speaking to your plants.

haha

Just don't put it on a political talk station where they argue all day...HAHA

LOL, that statement reminds of "Jack Handy" on the old SNL shows.

We are what we eat? I guess I'm a crawfish this week..lol
lol Jack Handy was awesome
One of my favs:
I was walking with my dad and asked, "Dad, where does rain come from?" and he said, "God is crying." So then I asked my dad, "Why is God crying?" he said, "Probably because of something you did."
:)

lol Jack Handy was awesome
One of my favs:
I was walking with my dad and asked, "Dad, where does rain come from?" and he said, "God is crying." So then I asked my dad, "Why is God crying?" he said, "Probably because of something you did."
:)

The joys of parenting include tormenting your children. I remember our son asking his father how lightening bugs worked, and without skipping a beat Dale answered "Tiny little batteries". :laughtwo:

Stumbled upon this one today. For the next hour I hope to be lost in soil science.

Scientist at the University of California, Berkley on Secrets of the Soil.

[video]

Be back later. :love:

While watching this talk I'm being productive. All the saved paper is being processed for worm bin bedding. :cheesygrinsmiley:

HA!! Forgot to post the picture. :laughtwo::green_heart:

image24233.jpg

My favorite ideas from the talks:

Plant exudates pump carbon down into the soil.

Microbes like to follow plant roots - their source of freely available carbon. The further down the root structure goes the deeper the microbes will go.

The rhizosphere - that area surrounding the roots - can have 10 times the microbial populations compared to other areas of the soil solution, and they are most biologically active close to the roots.

The depth that microbes go is directly related to what's available.

**********​

Time well spent.

Looking at LED panels and thinking the Mars II 900W at less than $350 is looking very nice at this point. It will still have to wait until July, but at that price range it's doable.

I think I remember bobrown having one. Let me check.

Yes he does, among others. That's probably what brought it to mind. He's growing the Dark Devil too, under better lights.

I hadn't considered an HID. If I did 36, how would you envision incorporating it into a 4x4 on a continuous 11/13 light schedule? I was thinking consistency in keeping them both LED panels, but I'm pretty new to all this. I was also thinking about heat inside the tent and an HID would complicate that, wouldn't it?

With multiple lights in an enclosed area you are going to have to take the heat and stale air out anyways. A 400w with a cool tube hooked up to a small exhaust fan will do both. The cool tube should be built into the hood for better light spread. Then you have the option to change spectrums based on bulb. I wouldn't use a 400w if growing tall plants, but I wouldn't/don't use led for that either.

You are going to have to cool your tent and have decent air exchange anyways.

I hadn't considered an HID. If I did 36, how would you envision incorporating it into a 4x4 on a continuous 11/13 light schedule? I was thinking consistency in keeping them both LED panels, but I'm pretty new to all this. I was also thinking about heat inside the tent and an HID would complicate that, wouldn't it?

Heat would definitely be an issue to keep in mind when deciding if an HID system is appropriate for your grow room.

You have a tent now, which opens you up to a world of new possibilities, you would most definitely be able to run an LED and an HID system on an 11/13 light schedule in your 4x4 tent. I would recommend a Cool Tube system to keep the temperatures inside your tent down. There are other things you can do to keep the temps down as well, like running the lights at night, etc.

Imagine the resin production of the LED coupled with the weight production of and HPS. That would be a grow tent to reckon with.

If you are looking to keep temps down and keep your set up less complicated, LED might be the way to go, especially if you are satisfied with the results you get from your current light set up :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's my two cents. I am going to get an HID system this coming fall to run an HID/LED combo. I am excited to see what happens.

Everything is looking absolutely wonderful in your garden Sue. Keep it up, sending only good vibes to you and Dale :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm going to have to do more research. I actually like the idea of different types of light sources.

Another attempt at angioplasty in the morning. Better get to bed.

Good night all. :love:

Sue, do you hear about cal/mag issues due to lighting under hps?

Keep an open mind.

My current tent plant was vegged under hps. Not mh. Not led or t5. It did fine. Same bulb will flower it as well.

We had Pileateds that would come to our suet feeders at the lake every summer to feed their youngsters. Fun birds to watch - very skittish for such a big bird - but when they'd call before coming in, everything else scattered. :laughtwo: The young ones have the cutest fluffy spikey head crowns, unlike the sleek ones the adults have. :love: Our screened porch was about ten feet from the feeders so we got to watch everything close up. We even had a bald eagle come gliding through the lakeshore trees one day. My wife saw it first, coming along the bank on our side of the treeline. Then it tipped itself on its side and went by ... *whoosh* ... two feet from our screen. :thedoubletake: We're kicked back in our easy chairs with a pipe in hand ... uh ... :straightface:

We had Pileateds that would come to our suet feeders at the lake every summer to feed their youngsters. Fun birds to watch - very skittish for such a big bird - but when they'd call before coming in, everything else scattered. :laughtwo: The young ones have the cutest fluffy spikey head crowns, unlike the sleek ones the adults have. :love: Our screened porch was about ten feet from the feeders so we got to watch everything close up. We even had a bald eagle come gliding through the lakeshore trees one day. My wife saw it first, coming along the bank on our side of the treeline. Then it tipped itself on its side and went by ... *whoosh* ... two feet from our screen. :thedoubletake: We're kicked back in our easy chairs with a pipe in hand ... uh ... :straightface:

How cool Greytail. We had a pair of eagles nest just down river from us, close enough that I can sometimes lean out our window and see them soaring. They had two consecutive successful nestlings before losing the eggs this year. The last day I saw my beautiful granddaughters we started the day walking down to the nest site to try and spot them and one swooped by just above our heads on it's way to fish along the river banks just beyond us. Such magnificent birds. The local bird folks mounted a camera on the nest, and last spring and summer we were all glued to the screens watching the 3 youngsters hatch and grow.

Being on the third floor with a relatively unobstructed view of the bluffs along the river I get to watch the growing community of hawks that have repopulated our valley too. It's nice to be so high above everyone else around us and to be blessed with such a view.

i give away all my ballasts and hps bulbs last week , but i am going to run giant cfl along side my led , i dont like the heat from a ballast it freaks me out , and if the hps hood where to fall it would set my place on fire , it just spooks me now that i have the low heat stuff ,

Back
Top Bottom