Thai Stick

Note: I was checking with a magnifying glass just now, and two of the four Thai Stick plants have female hairs (they're the tallest and the shortest plants in that last pic). One plant seems to have the male flower look to it (90% sure), but the growth is just a bit too small to determine. And the last one is a dot at all the nodes; still too early to tell also.
The two females are gonna get put into 5 gallon pots of my soil mix today, and I'll set them under the 600 watt HPS tonight. Post pics soon.

Wow when I did the two transplants I did a second visual inspection to see if I had the right plants I found the hairs on the taller plant but not the shorter one I know I saw it so I did the transplant anyway :) I'll see in a few days but I expect the third to be male. If the fourth is a female it's getting transplanted into SSM#4 Advanced along with the father (2 gallon pots), and if it's a male I'll choose the healthier one and cull the other.
I was thinking about it today and I know how I can get an idea of what that mystery seed is I'm just gonna rub and smell the dang thing I've got some Thai Stick jarred up (pepper/aromatic wood), plus two Hippie Killer clones (lemon/floor cleaner) and six C4DD plants (garlic chive/kief) in flower I'll just compare the smells and I'll know. With my luck it'll smell like wide open a$$ I still won't know what it is! :)

I've had a few crappy smelling plants along the way :) But luckily, this ain't one. The mystery seed plant doesn't have a spice smell, but the aromatic wood smell is there. Nothing I've got now (or have had recently) smells like this other than the Thai Stick plants I've been doing:

0052386.JPG

The two Thai Stick plants I transplanted yesterday:

0022820.JPG
0012921.JPG

Thanks here they are again after a compost tea feeding man I hope I didn't burn the big one it looks pretty dark green :bitingnails:

0012923.JPG

Here's the two that are Thai Stick for sure:

0032708.JPG
0022823.JPG

That second one doesn't look yellow on top like it does in the pic; it's more like the color of the center leaves.

Note: I'm still not 100% on it, but both of the last plants look male. I'll check once more tomorrow before I cull one and transplant the other to a bigger pot or grow bag. I'll try to get pics up of the other two under the 600 watt HPS and the one I'm 99% sure is Thai Stick later.

Ahh just a little too much on the compost tea didn't hurt it too bad though (Mystery seed plant):

0042529.JPG
0052392.JPG

I plucked all the shades off except for at the top of the plant after that pic; it's getting crowded in that tent and light under the canopy is kind of dim :( I found the hairs on that other Thai Stick plant; that's good news:

0022827.JPG
0012928.JPG

So now it's two females and I'll check today on the two I think are males. Here's the other taller female Thai Stick plant:

0032711.JPG

I tried to get a close-up of the hairs on it, but the camera focused on the leaves (you can see where the tea burnt them just a tiny bit):

0091593.JPG

Oh well, nice skinny leaves anyway. :)

The last two Thai Stick plants:

016788.JPG

The first one I'm most of the way sure is male and the second one I'm sure is male:

018635.JPG
019559.JPG

I'll transplant the one I choose to be the father into a 3 gallon pot in a few days :thumb: It'll stay in here under the 250 watt full spectrum CFL by itself; I'll hand pollinate the mother I choose.

so you will move these two guys away soon?
The last two Thai Stick plants:

016788.JPG

The first one I'm most of the way sure is male and the second one I'm sure is male:

018635.JPG
019559.JPG

I'll transplant the one I choose to be the father into a 3 gallon pot in a few days :thumb: It'll stay in here under the 250 watt full spectrum CFL by itself; I'll hand pollinate the mother I choose.

Note: Both of the smaller plants are showing that telltale stem under the flower at the node (all the males I've seen do that), so as soon as I get a chance I'll take a magnifying glass to verify sex. I think I'll cull the taller one since I grow indoors; maybe the offspring will grow shorter also. The mystery seed plant is still smelling like the Thai Stick weed I have jarred up:

0062118.JPG

Here's a lower flower:

0052396.JPG

The two Thai Stick females are perking back up. I put some GWS in their water last night:

0012935.JPG
0022834.JPG
0032718.JPG

Gonna be a long one..... :straightface:

Hey hey hey
PotChimp say
I just rolled up
a Thai Stick J
Look what I found
Look what I found
when that weed
all was ground!

0012937.JPG

They both look viable too. And the same color, size, and shape of the mystery seed:

0022837.JPG

My pollination of that Thai Stick mother with the saved male Thai Stick pollen must have worked even though the pollen was clumped. Cool two more seeds to work with; maybe more when I dig through the rest of that jar. :tokin:
The good news is that the mystery of the mystery seed is solved. :thumb:
The bad news is that this joint is kinda harsh; I took the shake from the bottom of the jar to make it bigger and there was some leaf material in there..... :straightface:

Hey hey hey
PotChimp say
I just rolled up
a Thai Stick J
Look what I found
Look what I found
when that weed
all was ground!

0012937.JPG

They both look viable too. And the same color, size, and shape of the mystery seed:

They look a hell of a lot better than that scrawny thing you got sprouted! :thumb: Congrats!

:thumb:
Hey hey hey
PotChimp say
I just rolled up
a Thai Stick J
Look what I found
Look what I found
when that weed
all was ground!

0012937.JPG

0022837.JPG

My pollination of that Thai Stick mother with the saved male Thai Stick pollen must have worked even though the pollen was clumped. Cool two more seeds to work with; maybe more when I dig through the rest of that jar. :tokin:
The good news is that the mystery of the mystery seed is solved. :thumb:
The bad news is that this joint is kinda harsh; I took the shake from the bottom of the jar to make it bigger and there was some leaf material in there..... :straightface:

Thanks both of you :) I keep thinking by the looks of the mystery seed Thai Stick plant that something else could have possibly pollinated it:

0022839.JPG

It doesn't look like the two confirmed Thai Stick plants I'm growing (both of those look identical to me):

0012939.JPG

I had to lower both plants and I might have to top them if they keep getting tall.

Back
Top Bottom