Thanx alot bud but i went and did about an hour to 2 hours of clone topping search and found alot out..a whole lot of info. Im going to keep reading for a bit but im getting the hang of this. I wanna understand the science of it before i start

IMAG09531.jpg
IMAG09653.jpg

First pic are the white widows roots 24 hours ago.. 2nd pic is just now of WW

Thanx alot bud but i went and did about an hour to 2 hours of clone topping search and found alot out..a whole lot of info. Im going to keep reading for a bit but im getting the hang of this. I wanna understand the science of it before i start

You can also pinch the top and get close to the same result as topping, with less stress on the plant. Sometimes I just mash it down. I don't usually top indoor plants because of the limited penetration of the hid lights. Outdoors, there is insignificant lumen difference between the roof of a two story building, and the bottom of a ditch. Indoors, it's a game of inches and topping increases popcorn at the expense of a large main cola. If you aren't worried about plant counts, try 6 or 8 and flip to 12/12 sooner. Better yields in the same square footage IMO.

You can also pinch the top and get close to the same result as topping, with less stress on the plant. Sometimes I just mash it down. I don't usually top indoor plants because of the limited penetration of the hid lights. Outdoors, there is insignificant lumen difference between the roof of a two story building, and the bottom of a ditch. Indoors, it's a game of inches and topping increases popcorn at the expense of a large main cola. If you aren't worried about plant counts, try 6 or 8 and flip to 12/12 sooner. Better yields in the same square footage IMO.

Hey 1234, i got every aspect covered with that. My lights are on an adjustable hook systen so i can lower it to the ground or raise it to the ceiling in about 30 seconds, one thing i wanna add though is youll get the same amount of pop corn on a non topped plant as a topped plant. Only true difference is 2 colas are next to the light instead of . I see what your getting at tho. But i dont plan on having just 2 colas, im looking to get 8. Ill top in a week, fim both branches that reach out and watch 4 more colas pop up on each side... What ever pop corn ill have will be re embursed through those colas. Lsting for light penetration during veg also.

Been lookin around on here and im really noticing the yield difference with topped and fimmed plants compared to my plants i never touched. I got about an ounce and a half per plant last time around with no topping and still had a half ounce of popcorn buds. If i get 4 ounces with topping and fimming and 2 ounces of popcorn bud like alot of the guys journals i been following ill be happy.

I used to be iffy on topping but ive seen the biggest harvests that i can recall off of top& fimmed plants. I almost cant believe i didnt do it last time around.

I agree, makes a huge difference topping, inside or out. Topping the plants also makes the upper halfs flatter distrubuting either HID or Sunlight more evenly. Also greatly increases the bud to weight ratio from what I have seen in the past. Just like taking lower branches and small, light nodes off leaving just the primoest healthiest uppers. Continual trimming and reductuion of fan leaves through out bloom makes a huge difference in yield, bag appeal and bud/weight ratio. This is just what I have seen in the past, If vertical lighting was in play lettin them go 'al natural' might be considerably better but im not certain. Thats just my little input from herb and vegtable gardens in the past, and only my oppinion.

Good work on it all 253!

-Pacific North

PacificNorth's 400w Hempy Hybrid Strawberry Haze ScrOG

Looks like they are satring to take off now. Have you dcided what other strains you want to add?

Im probably going to get 2 more white russians, i have 2 more days untill i get paid and there will be some additions in this grow for sure. I have to renew my medical license it expires the 2nd, but visually ill have 2 more plants in there, im buying that real shiny tape to wrap my buckets in just to try them out, advanced nutrients 2 part grow, h202 bag, and well see what else.

Subbed, Late but Subbed.

I am interested as one of the strains I have going is Sputnick which i was told is Skunk #2 x Black Russian.... And them ladies are going good.

Nah your JUST on time bud, ill have to check out this sputnik sometime. Thanx for dropping in. Ill be addimg more soon so therell be more to look at

That LST is right on track...when you get ready to turn...put you a line on to pull against...a line pulling in the opposite direction that your pulling the stem..thats good and the plant is at the right height too...to begin a LST..:thumb::goodjob:

I was worried the tip wasnt tipped over and downwards enough. Well i got impatient and wanted to do something to her so i began an lst. I saw you useing a counter string on the lower stem so i made sure to add that. Im using brand new garbage bag ties never used lol, and some tape to hold her down. Pretty proud of it. I moved her closer to my 400 watt shes 2 feet away she was 28 inches away for rooting but is noticibly taller so i know shes ready

Haha i checked that crazy demon plant out as soon as i got on. Well i lowered the tip a bit not much but just a bit. Im going to let the White Russian go with no lst. Ill lst the other 2 that come tomorrow WHOOOOO HOOOOOO

I just left Ggrant journal...he topped his plant then he fim the two shoots...he has a new tree growing where he fim...looks like a grafting job..is this site Haunted???

Back
Top Bottom