One thing i noticed is our tap water ppm is real low. I filled a glass up and took a pic then emptied it and filled it up again and got the same results. 28 ppm in tap water

You don't need r/o with ppm levels like that. Just get a 2 stage sediment and KDF-85(high end carbon filter for the- Hydrologic product line)to get rid of the chlorine and chloranamines. Another cheaper alternative is a 20 gallon trash can and a couple of air stones for at lest 24 hours before use. A friend of mine tosses in a small submersible pump with a power strip for an on/off switch and a 6' black tube. Most people just use a pitcher to scoop the water out.

You don't need r/o with ppm levels like that. Just get a 2 stage sediment and KDF-85(high end carbon filter for the- Hydrologic product line)to get rid of the chlorine and chloranamines. Another cheaper alternative is a 20 gallon trash can and a couple of air stones for at lest 24 hours before use. A friend of mine tosses in a small submersible pump with a power strip for an on/off switch and a 6' black tube. Most people just use a pitcher to scoop the water out.

Thats a really good idea. I have extra air stones all over. Yea once i saw this i was kind of suprised, ive been reading some places ppms get to 200+ in drinking water so they use r/o luckily its cheap to buy at some places but now that i know where my ppms are its a little easier to start understanding stuff better.

IMAG09381.jpg
IMAG09451.jpg

Here is the white russian
IMAG09401.jpg
IMAG09421.jpg

And here is my white widow

I know nothings changed too much but what im real fond of is looking through my journal once a week to compare my growth to the week before. If anyone learns one thing about me it is i love picture updates. My last journal from page to page is littered with pics. This is my fun so if you guys enjoy pic updates as much as i do then stick around.

cant wait to see them all white and frosty!:popcorn::tokin:

Looks Good , Subbed

grows coming along nice! do you plan on topping? or lst? or even better yet! combining the two haha =)

grows coming along nice! do you plan on topping? or lst? or even better yet! combining the two haha =)

I plan to top first, then attempt the proper fimming technique. Ill do that to each of them and may lst, i dont have to tools to do it properly right now. I need a drill. But ill figure it out lol

Well i came home amd checked the white russian and the wait is over we have a root in! So heres an update of their environment.

White Russian: ppm 205, PH 5.6
White Widow: ppm 215, PH 5.7
My digital thermometer isnt workimg untill i buy batteries i keep forgetting but the temp doesnt feel bad i have a good amount of fans blowing above the canopy to cool down the lights rays

If you look at the last pic and a couple inches down the root there is a kink where the root grew to the right a little. Well yesterday morning i looked in and the whole root was growing sideways over the water. I checked ph and it was 6.0 i lowerd it to 5.5 and it grew all that since yesterday morning. About 5 inches in 24 hours

Oh i forgot half the story. It was growing sideways to avoid the un safe water. This white widow is very sensitive. If the ph gets to 5.9 the plant reacts immediately. Im really getting the hang of these 2 already.
Ive read wr is an easy grow but white widows are sensitive. i deffinately see it lol

Back
Top Bottom