TheBlaze's LED & HPS Grow - Coco & Perlite

Shoot Blaze, if your grow area can handle the heat start an LED or two right now with the gradual. You'll know if it's too much. Hang it high and if in a couple days they still look great drop them a bit and so on. It's kind of like me placing the plants on the edges of the tent.

I always go from CFL or T5-HO directly to LED. If you do the gradual thing you shouldn't notice any shock. Mine get really humble looking unless I raise the lights to the top of the tent and set them at the edges of the tent. The gradual thing is something I never thought of.

Thanks guys! I love this forum. :love:

Ahh so you change straight to LED but slowly lower the light until they are happy?
I'm unable to move the plants as I have quite a small space but I can raise and lower the light. Still got about 3-4 inches before I can raise it no further and I'm in late bloom.
I'm going to try this next round I think

Welcome Colorado! Good to have you here.

Doc, I think I will add an LED light after up-potting and the next round of topping.

Earlier the better IMO. I love CFL to start, but LED is much easier, and it's stacks them better. Takes about a week to acclimate if done in mid or late Veg - but some never skip a beat. If I can, I leave the CFLs on, and add the LED - then remove the CFLs after a few days. :Namaste:

I found cfl to be better to start as they are less intense and you have a little more control of distance and things.
Any chance you have a pic of both lights in your grow space? I'm just trying to picture how I would do this and would love some examples.

I found cfl to be better to start as they are less intense and you have a little more control of distance and things.
Any chance you have a pic of both lights in your grow space? I'm just trying to picture how I would do this and would love some examples.

Surely, you can see it on the first page of the 2015 grow link in my signature. :Namaste:

Looking the pictures of health. Very nice brother blaze.
Happy daze.

Thanks Dusty. Going to up-pot tonight. Not something I'm fond of. Always worried I stress them out too much.

Earlier the better IMO. I love CFL to start, but LED is much easier, and it's stacks them better. Takes about a week to acclimate if done in mid or late Veg - but some never skip a beat. If I can, I leave the CFLs on, and add the LED - then remove the CFLs after a few days. :Namaste:

I think I will add 1 LED next week. Leave it for a week, then add the second. Then I should be pretty close to flip.

UPDATE

Day 26 and 19

All going fairly well. I transplanted the bigger girls into 5 gal felt pots last night. It went well.

20160530_071959.jpg

Looking good buddy! :thumb:
How are the fabric pots? I went with air pots so I won't disturb the root mass if I have to move them around.

Hey johnny I use fabric pots as well & Ive heard people complaining about as you say disturbing the root system when moving. How badly do you think it can affect them? I tend to move the plants around a fair bit so now im curious if I should be extra careful.

Looking good buddy! :thumb:
How are the fabric pots? I went with air pots so I won't disturb the root mass if I have to move them around.

Thanks JB

I'm a fan of the fabric pots. I've never used airpots though, so I can't compare. The fabric pots definitely help create an extensive root system.

Thanks JB

I'm a fan of the fabric pots. I've never used airpots though, so I can't compare. The fabric pots definitely help create an extensive root system.

Yeah I love the fabrics pots as well & I think the plants do too. Disturbing the root system though is something ive heard about before, I don't think it's a problem though unless they're regularly being moved abruptly.

I move the plants around regularly, and I've never noticed a problem. I don't play soccer with them though. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom