Tomula's 1st Ever Indoor Closet Stealth - Soil - WW/AK47 - Hybrid Grow - 2014/15

Long time no see!
The LEDs are here and she loves it, i have also spent on mylar foil to block light leak from the front of my cabinet. Everything works great and she likes it. She got burned from the HPS and my fan could not just keep up and I was not home all the time to keep the ambient temperature low enough so the Mars Hydro 100x3 LEDs was my choice. They had holidays so I was not able to buy them right away. I bought them and they arrived 2 days later after payment. Thanks Sara for quick and easy shopping and shipping.
She started to flower on the 9th and she is growing nicely despite the burns. I am feeding her full bloom nutes. Other than that she is doing good.

The new lights:

P1070709.JPG

P1070710.JPG

And 2 days later (the battery is C type):

P1070711.JPG

P1070713.JPG

There is one of the side branches:

P10707151.JPG

P1070721.JPG

+ Mylar foil with velcro glued to the side of the cabinet. I used stapler on the velcro on the foil. Covered with duct tape from the back.

P10707241.JPG

Hope I am doing everything right, any ideas and tips are always welcomed!
:Namaste:

Thank you all, I dont have any before and after photos, because I did not like how she got burned because the superhot HPS which i did not have ventilation for (and it worked great as heating for my room) and I have decided to buy LEDs the second day I put her to flower. I decided to suprise you with my new lights. I will definetly keep you up to date from now. And should I buy calmag for her? Just a bit. I think it might help her to absorb the nutes better. She is a bit on the thin side. Well thats for now.
Happy growing! :Namaste:

Thank you all, I dont have any before and after photos, because I did not like how she got burned because the superhot HPS which i did not have ventilation for (and it worked great as heating for my room) and I have decided to buy LEDs the second day I put her to flower. I decided to suprise you with my new lights. I will definetly keep you up to date from now. And should I buy calmag for her? Just a bit. I think it might help her to absorb the nutes better. She is a bit on the thin side. Well thats for now.

I have been using episom salt in my feedings and so far no issues. i might try some calmag next just for some hands on experience. my clones on the other hand look like they need them but my flowering mamma is doing fine without it.

Nothing new happening (or is it?), feeding her full power nutes, might try a bit more: Buying epsom salt tomorrow in our big gardening center (hope they will have it). And I am thinking about a better fan (second fan or bigger fan) and more upgrades in my tent (removing the shelf for better airflow) because the temps are still a on the hot side even though I replaced the HPS. She got burned a little :( I guess some sort of heat plug is somewhere in my tent, I will try to make custom cardboard ducting to get the heat from the LEDs more efficiently. Well, its my first grow and I am learning every day. Should I cut some of the lower branches while she is still early in flower to get better main colas?
Ambient temps in summer are around 86 so that will be a challenge :D and I will start new plant/s under my T5 (same light schedule as Sun) in few weeks time to then plant it/them outside (16 main colas FTW).

Anyways, here is new batch of photos:

P1070741.JPG

P1070742.JPG

P1070743.JPG

P1070744.JPG

P1070746.JPG

Good night and happy growing! :Namaste:

Wow she has progressed beautifully!! Mainlinning is awesome. I want to try that once I make my feminized seeds. You did a great job manipulating her just right. I am concerned with the tips though. Is that nute burn? If it is, I wouldn't go any stronger than what you are already going as far as nutes go. It would be terrible to lose her this far along. Do you have an exhaust for your enclosure? Try to suck some of that air out of the top and move fresh air into the bottom.

It is heat burn, I think it occured when she was bit dry and the heat was up. Cannot be with her all day, I got a job this month and I need to focus on that. She has been flowering since last week Tuesday +- few days. I have 120mm (4,7 inches) PC fan with 74 CFM but the airflow is worse since the filter was added but I will remove the shelf, hopefuly this weekend- I will get some L shaped hanger for a smaller shelf to put the wiring and power source. I got the epsom salt (Magnesium sulfate) and she will be getting it next feeding. It was about 1,7 dollars for kilo (2 pounds) so a good buy which will last for a time. I have a plan to use the carboard in which the LEDs came to build a heat extractor which will help the heat to travel up an fill the closet from top to bottom. Carboard is a great material for some very light duty builds as it is cheap, easy to work with and can be easily painted. I think all of this will drastically reduce the build-up of the heat. If not, I will add a second fan. Thats all for today, if anything happens you will be one of the first to know.
:Namaste:

So it is done, now my closet looks more like pro's grow tent. I used the box from LEDs to stream the hot light towards the top of my grow space and keep it from coming right at my girl (how should I call her?:hmmmm:). Now I will see how the temps look like and then upgrade the exhaust power if needed (hope not :rollingeyes::oops:). I also have some leftover mylar foil to put over the bare cardboard tomorrow. And I need more hooks on the ceiling to hang the light from. The burns are from heat and lights and I am not proud of them. Everything is shown in the pictures. Happy growing! :Namaste:

P1070757.JPG

P1070758.JPG

P1070759.JPG

P1070762.JPG

P1070763.JPG

P1070764.JPG

Ok the temps are somewhat better, time will reveal more... Another feature not shown in pictures: I've added two more hooks to the ceiling and a chain to hang the light from. The light is now 12in+ from the top of my plant and hopefuly she will like it. Thats all for now, next pictures in few days. :Namaste:

hey, you suggested i'll lower my LEDS closer to the plant as they are stronger now

thing is- when i'm under it i can feel my skin burning, i think its way too strong

could it be my LEDS are creating way more heat than others? did i get ripped off?

following :)

also, in case my signature only updates on the next comment here is the journal:
Pigling's LSD & Soviet Ripper - 300W LED - 1st Time Flux

hey, you suggested i'll lower my LEDS closer to the plant as they are stronger now

thing is- when i'm under it i can feel my skin burning, i think its way too strong

could it be my LEDS are creating way more heat than others? did i get ripped off?

also, in case my signature only updates on the next comment here is the journal:

can you put a thermometer under your lights where the tops of your plants are? that will give you a more definitive temp reading besides just feel.

Thermomether is hanging right above my fan 1-2 inches above canopy. Ok so, second fan will be added tomorrow evening (hopefuly). I hope it will help the airflow so the temps will be under 86F (30°C).

So the second fan is in place. The flow is better but I will make the intake hole bigger too. Pics coming tomorrow (I am super busy now). I will keep an eye on the temps (87F/31°C now). She seems to stop the stretch/stretching slowly or I just cant see it (that is probably the case) :laugh: Thanks everyone for following and posting so far and have a great days to come... :Namaste:

Hello pigling, if your plants are not adapt to the light with such a close distance, please hang the light higher again. :Namaste: You need to close the distance step by step, slowly, give your plants sometime to adapt to the light. :high-five:

Sorry I did not post any photos as I promised. I hope you will forgive me for that.
She is doing pretty good, currently day 23 in flower (35 days remaining). The stretch is over and she is getting fat. I hope she will grow some more leaves as she is loosing her bottom leaves (Lack of light).
Aaand pictures!

P1070768.JPG

P1070777.JPG

P1070769.JPG

P1070775.JPG

P1070773.JPG

P1070771.JPG

Back
Top Bottom