Twelve12's Breeding Program

so how does it feel now that you have actual plants that you had created? I bet its incredibly satisfying. I can imagine the joy when you're smoking some of it with someone and they say something like "what is this, it's some of the best I've had" and you just smirk and reply "I made it, and it's the only kind like this in the entire world."

fromscratch
  • #3 is a good one. Currently the plants are in bloom to determined sex. Can't wait! F2 coming in 2 months.

GreneLeaf
  • Thank you very much.

TheCrimsonK20
  • Can't wait to sample the new crosses. Creating F1 is easy. F2 is a huge leap like middle school then jump into college. It will be good though, I see F2 as having more colors to paint the final canvas with. Haha, Yeah someday I can say that, for now I'm enjoying the smoke from established seed banks.

Update: Pule (Cheese x Grapefruit Diesel)

frame020.jpg
frame113.jpg

Continue with the breeding program.

Cheese x Grapefruit Diesel = Pule (F1).

I can't wait to grow out Pule. The mother has a lot of resin production, aroma, dense nugs and fast flowering.

Strains collection update

Regular: [Unknown Gender]
  • Serious - AK47
  • TH Seeds - Heavy Duty Fruity
  • Nirvana - Super Skunk
  • White Label - Afghan Kush
  • Seedsman - Ata Tundra
  • Seedsman - Top Skunk 44
  • Mr Nice - Early Queen
  • Sensi - Black Domina *New
  • Twelve12 - Firestorm *New
  • Twelve12 - Downtown Stumble *New
  • Twelve12 - Pule *New

Female: [Mother]
  • Cali Connection - Pre-98 Bubba BX2 *New
  • Female - C99 (Cinderella 99) *New
  • TH Seeds - Heavy Duty Fruity
  • White Label - Afghan Kush
  • Next Generation - Grape God
  • Dinafem - Cheese
  • Medical - 1024
  • Medical - Hammerhead
  • G13 Labs - Pineapple Express
  • Barney's Farm - Vanilla Kush
  • Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk
  • Green House - White Widow
  • Green House - Super Lemon Haze

GodSpeed
  • Thanks. Chesiel? Haven't had it yet. I bet it tasted great. I hope to get these strain producing knock outs. Thanks for your interest in the breeding program. It will be a long wait before F2 is stabilized. I'm looking into starting a seed bank business so this is going to be very interesting. That would be a dream come true.

GodSpeed
  • There are ways around it. Just have to be more careful than the regular retail shops. Hope to see the law change so we don't have to keep hiding.

2Tuff2sk8
  • Thanks. Each seed has a unique marking none is identical (like finger prints). I know most don't like taking pics of their seeds, but it is so interesting. Maybe someday we can tell the family of strain by the markings on the seeds. If it's a haze, skunk, diesel, etc...good for ID bagseeds.
  • F2 is where it's at in terms of seeing more variety. F1 is mostly uniform, which is still good but to have something special F2 is where we look. To stabilize F2 will take a year to a few. Depending on how many traits I want to secure.

4twenty4all
  • Everything grow related I must experience when I can afford to. This is a small breeding program to practice and make mistakes. When I expand the grow to having bigger place it will be on full force. There are many epic strains to grow. Before I add a strain to the collection I do a lot of reading on it (reviews, grow journals, pics, articles, history, pro/con). Recently I added C99 and Pre-98 Bubba BX2 so it just makes breeding a lot more fun.

Update: Downtown Stumble - 21 days (veg)

ds.jpg

Light: 600w MH/HPS
Strain (reg seed): Downtown Stumble (Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel)
Veg: 21 days from seed
Nutrients: Blue Planet Nutrients 2-Parts + FP Bloom

Can't believe that many days went by already when only these were seeds. Five plants total, unknown sex. 1st cutting in 1 week. These are soon to be clone factories. The cuttings will go into DIY aero for 2 weeks then straight to bloom in 2L SOG. F2 should arrive in 2.5 months. Then 6 more months for the first selections.

1 - 3 is under 600w hps
4 - 5 is under 600w MH

Noticed the difference in growth on #4 and 5, these are under the Gas Lantern Routine compare to 1 - 3 under 12/12 from seed.

The weather is so nice the grow room is now running at optimal level.

Contemplating: Been thinking about breeding and stabilization and realized how much fun it would be to have a strain that is not stabilized and name that strain "Lottery". So each time growing out the seeds we have no idea what the plant will be like, or how many varieties are there from F1, mostly uniform but still not stabilized if the parents are hybrids. Then also have the F2 - F3 going to really expand the varieties. The offspring could have surpasses the parents or a downgraded version. I know most seed banks don't have all their seeds stabilized but still say they are just to make sales. I'm going to be honest and say one of my stain are not stabilized, and the strain name "Lottery" should be more than obvious.

What do you guys think?

This is really interesting 12/12. Thanks. I'm gonna read up on this topic in my spare time.

Hey 12, I feel most commercial seeds are really like that. I like to start at least 10 beans and pick my favorite for mother, after cloning each plant and growing out the seeds. I hate to see when peeps get "one" seed and grow it out to be a mom. There are probably many better phenotypes. When you start w/ one it is a lottery......

Bassman59 ~ Thanks! It's getting very interesting. I'm rooting the Firestorm (F1) clones right now and they'll be ready for bloom in two weeks. From there I'll select 1 male and flower out all the females and pollinate them for F2. There are some good posts on breeding you'll find interesting. :}

OG13
fromscratch

~ Yeah, sad to let go some strains because they don't grow like the advertised picture. I fit the category of ordering just one seed per strain, trying it out before buying 5 or 10 seeds pack. Even when they are not the pheno I'm looking for it does not mean the strain is bad, just doesn't work out for my environment. I'll continue to try new strains until finding the ones I can fall in love with. While at the same time creating some of my own that people will fall in love with. :}

Update: Downtown Stumble - 21 days (veg)

HEH! I read "Grapefruit Diesel x Vanilla Kush = Downtown Rumble" in the intro to this breeding program. I'm glad you renamed it to Downtown Stumble. It kinda made me chuckle when I read it, then I saw its logo.
Twelve12_s_Downtown_Stumble.jpg
minus the "AGAZINE.COM"

The buildings at the 60 like someone's view of Downtown as they Stumble down the street! I lerve it!:bravo:

...Right now I only have two new breed to work with; Firestorm and Downtown Stumble. Once I stabilize the two I'll double cross them to get Global Warming F1 (I'll name the double cross this since many are liking the name, lol). Probably take place end of next year.

I just have one thing to say.

YAY!

And uh... I'd like to help ya test them! :rofl:

fromscratch > Maybe by the end of next year you'll see the seeds available from the seedbanks sponsored here. Still need to research more on how to protect myself. The law is getting freakish by the day.

jandre2k3 > I got the order wrong, it should be "Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel" (female first). Glad you enjoy the name. :} Wish I cold send them out to have it tested but rules are rules. I hope to establish a seedbank and have the seed sold from sponsored seedbanks so people can get through them. I'll probably get shot down being the new kid on the block and all. Hell some places don't even carry DJ Short's gear and he is a legend...

jandre2k3 > I got the order wrong, it should be "Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel" (female first). Glad you enjoy the name. :} Wish I cold send them out to have it tested but rules are rules. I hope to establish a seedbank and have the seed sold from sponsored seedbanks so people can get through them. I'll probably get shot down being the new kid on the block and all. Hell some places don't even carry DJ Short's gear and he is a legend…

mmmm... seeds... yeah, that'd be good to get ahold of. you gotta tell me where to get them when you have it going in the banks! All the dispensaries in Sac County are closed, now, so no new TRUSTED strains are available. Gonna have to roll over what I have going here. Sux, too, cause I was wanting to smoke this SourD. But now I have to seed it and flower those. Or clone it along with the GDP and let them flower on a staggered flower. 4 weeks, then clone the diesel, wait another 4 weeks and clone the purple again, and so on.

BeeTeeDubya. You've inspired me to back breed/self pollinate using CS to make a hermie from the GDP. May make some cross later, but, you know me and purple.

Back
Top Bottom