UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GSC

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

"Dried on the vine". That made me chuckle. :laughtwo:

Vine dried seems to rolls off the tongue much better than negligent homicide....

Re: UncleC's Ganja Grove - Organic Soil - LED - SOG - La Chocolat/Vanilla Kush/LSD/GS

Good point UncleC. :rofl:

Mid Week Update

There's not much to report really but since I have the time I thought I'd go ahead and update anyway.

Ganja Garden Update

The new batch of Ganja Girls are chilling in the Ganja Garden soaking up the CFL's (18/6 lighting schedule) and all appear to be coming along nicely.
I'm actually hoping that they slow down a bit. I don't want them to get too big before space becomes available for them in the Grove next door.

The Girl Scout Cookies seedling (GSC #2) was getting a bit sassy so I had to clip her wings and give a good S&M session.
:party:

She's now topped for the 3rd time, all tied down, and is now in the back corner of the Ganja Garden (time out area for the sassy girls).

Here's a pic of her taken this past weekend. Notice how her wings were beginning to get a bit too wide for her own good?

thumb_IMG_0978_1024.jpg

Here are a couple of pics taken after her wings were clipped.
thumb_IMG_1027_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1028_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1029_1024.jpg

Now lets see if she'll behave for while.
:phew:

Here's a pic of all of the youngsters as they were awoken this morning.
thumb_IMG_1031_1024.jpg

I had to get em' woken up early so that I could get my morning peek on. Yeah....I know....I'm becoming a full fledged MJ perve.
:rollingeyes:
But hey, since they had to wake up anyways.....whats the harm in a little peek and a pic or 2 right?

Ganja Grove Update

Not much to report other than sticky buds in the making along with the lovely scents that go along with sticky buds in the making.
:circle-of-love:

I still have the lighting schedule at 13 on / 11 off and plan to keep things this way for another couple of weeks.

Here are a few pics of the Grove.
Soviet Ripper & Amnesia
thumb_IMG_1051_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1042_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1054_1024.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies
thumb_IMG_1049_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1033_1024.jpg

These girls are smelling like brown sugar.
:loopy:

Unfortunately I have no tips or tricks to share since it's been a tap water only crop up until this point.
With the Blumats taking care of the watering chores this has really been a hands off grow so far other than my daily peeking Tom activities and topping off the water reservoir periodically.

Things seem to be going way too well so I guess I'm just waiting for Murphy's Law to show his ugly head.

:peace:

No, I've never tried any Bomb Seed strains.
This is my first grow effort since I hung up my shovel over 15 years ago. Back then I grew exclusively outdoors and I didn't even know that there were seed banks. I just collected bag seeds from the good batches of pot that would come around then pop em' in the ground when spring time would arrive. Boy how things have changed!!

Too funny, there has been A LOT of changes since we were younger that my boys (and the younger generation) couldn't even fathom.
Access to information over the internet and sharing of ideas on sites like this with people from all over the world is probably one of the biggest. Its definitely something I would never have imagined 25/30 yrs ago and now our kids take it for granted LOL

You got that right Celt!
When I first started growing I was flying blind with nowhere to turn for good advice and there sure weren't any "How to Grow Cannabis for Dummies" books on the library shelves. It took a few seasons of mishaps before I finally got the hang of what to do and more importantly, what not to do. Then it took another few seasons of successful grows but unsuccessful dry and cures before an experienced grower spilled his secret to me about how to dry and cure properly. Until then I couldn't figure out why my luscious buds tasted like hay once harvested.
Fast forward to now and here we are on this amazing thing called the internet getting helpful tips and advise from fellow gardeners from all over the world. Damn near any question that pops into your head can be answered by a quick google search. Public library....?? Whats that....??

Looking fine over there UncleCannabis (I hope you don't mind me keep typing your full name, I like typing Cannabis, Cannabis, CANNABIS..ahem, we all have our own little perversions lol). There's nothing wrong with peeking in on the ladies in a morning when they're looking that good :)

Hey there friends. I'd like to get your advice on something.

For those of you that prefer to keep your gardening activities to yourselves and grow for personal use only, what do you guys and gals tell your pals when they ask if you can score them some of that dank and sticky MJ that you're sharing with them?

I'll be meeting up with a group of friends this weekend many of whom are tokers like myself. The last batch of herbs that I purchased is now gone with the wind so I'll be bringing along a couple of buds from my last grow. The problem I have is that there's not a doubt in my mind that as soon as I break out some of this smoke the typical questions will begin to flow......"Dude, that's some good shit! Where did you get that? Can you score me an oz of this?".

But here's the deal, I do not intend to sell anything that comes out of the Ganja Grove AND I'd like to keep my gardening hobby a secret.
The fruits of my new hobby are intended for personal use only. I don't mind donating a bud or 2 here and there when a friend is in need but that's it, nothing more. I'm not a dispensary nor am I a pot dealer.

I hate not being truthful with my friends but desperate times call for desperate measures. Would any of you care to share the white lies that you tell your friends in order to keep your garden secret while sharing your herbs with them?

Thanks!
:peace:

Hey UncleC

As this is my first grow, I have yet to run into your problem. BUT, I believe you have an awesome excuse/explanation for your bud.

If I am not mistaken, you are away/travel for work. Hence the bluemat setup and the "dried on the vine" bud for the last grow LOL
If I were you, I would let on I bought it while away ;) then no needs know you grow your own.

Thanks Celt! I hadn't thought of that but you're right, this would be a pretty good excuse.
:thumb:

I really do appreciate the tip there Celt. Be sure to let me know if think of any other good ones.

I'm really terrible at telling lies. Keeping my garden a closely guarded secret will be the most difficult part of the whole gardening experience for me.

LOL lying is far from my specialty but when you have spent as many years as I have in the construction industry, especially commercial and industrial, looking after projects and dealing with clients, you learn to be creative with answers and explanations LOL You learn to think on your feet, and how to stretch the truth, not only with clients but with others in your own organization during progress meetings etc.

It seems to be the way big business works these days and the better you are at it the higher you will go in the company. The last company I was with was extremely bad for it, or good at it depending on your perspective. We used to joke that we knew when the VP was lying by the fact that his lips were moving LOL maybe that why I am no longer with the company, I never cared for being deceitful with clients, especially to the extent that company was.

The excuse I gave you for the source of you weed is probably the best one possible. Not sure the exact nature of your work but when I travelled for projects, being a site manager/supervisor I met many people from clients to sub trades, and made friends easily. Often socializing with others I met while on the projects. If you are in a similar position, you have a great excuse for sourcing your weed.

As for your grow activities, the best way to keep that a secret is to not tell anyone and to not talk about growing to your friends. Also called "lying by omission", another common business practice lol don't tell them what they don't need to know.

Here in Canada its perfectly legal to buy seeds, its just illegal to grow them LOL Having said that, for the most part around here, the cops really don't care unless they get complaints or you have a massive gorilla grow somewhere. Even then, if you only have a few plants outside that the cops find, they usually just cut them down and leave a card saying "Better luck next year" So long as you are discrete about it and only have a few plants, even if the cops know, they won't bother with you unless they get complaints.

My property is situated in such a way that only Big Mamma and a couple others there next to the garage, and behind my vegetable garden, are visible from the road. But the site lines from the road are 300 to 500 yards away so short of stopping and getting out binoculars its hard to distinguish them from a tree or shrub with the other greenery there. I have also planted corn in front of them so as it matures it will camouflage the girls even more LOL

I also have 6 large dogs here LOL My wife and I used to work with a rescue for pitbulls/ pitbull cross dogs. We had 2 of our own, one pitbull and a Nova Scotia Duck Toller mix. We would take rescued pitties in, I would work with them to access them, do some basic training with them and find them homes. In the end, we wound up keeping 4 making our current pack of 6 LOL Not one of them is aggressive, more apt to drown a stranger with kisses than bite, but with the bad rap that PitBulls have been given, most people avoid nosing around your property when they see 2,3 or 4 pitties bouncing out the drive to meet you LOL

If you live in a legal state you can tell your friends you have a caregiver and they are only allowed to grow so many plants in your stead. So it would not be possible to share their information and it wouldn't be legal.

If you live in a non legal place simply state that you made a new connect, don't know much about him other than that which you have in common. You feel uneasy about giving information out with someone you hardly know. Once you score a few more "purchases" from this "connect" i.e a few months down the line you will ask him if he would like more business. Thus giving you time to build a rapport and also to protect your friends from a shady individual and or narc.

I heard once that you retain what you learn while under the influence and then cant recall it after. However while under the influence you can recall that part of your memory. So let them smoke, once they start up playing the herb and asking questions you down play the herb. "really? you think its that good. Its aright...Ive smoked better." You might be able to subconsciously change their mind or image of it by hearing your complaints, thus manifesting things such as a poor taste or something of that nature. "you know now that you mention it does taste a little.....". If this fails tell them the connect story. If they still persist just take pleasure in knowing that there's a 50% chance that 100% of the time your friends will only ask about buying some herb when they are high.

Little rambling, lot of suggestions. Hope this helps.

Hey there Celt,
1. We definitely work in the same industry.
2. Since I also work in a similar industry I'm pretty sure that the VP at your previous place of employment that you mentioned was also my boss once upon a time. If not, some of my old bosses had the same lips movement issues. LOL!
3. About 80% or more of my work related travel is by air and mostly international. My friends are very aware that I'm not ignorant or stupid enough to try to get past the US Customs or TSA folks with a bag of pot in my carry on bag. So I can only use the excuse that you mentioned sometimes, but it is a good one and I will be using it for sure.
4. I need to move to Canada.

Addonexus,
MJ has yet to be legalized or decriminalized where I live so I need to keep my grow on the low low until the local laws are changed or until I move to a more 420 friendly location.

Thanks for the tip. Every pot smoker has likely been in this situation at sometime or another. Very believable indeed. I'll add that one to my arsenal of excused. :)

I've been a recreational and medicinal user of MJ for many many many many many years and I can assure you that other than misplacing my car keys on occasion I don't forget anything. The theory may hold true for alcohol intoxication.

These were some pretty good ideas guys. I look like a sweet Grandma type. No one even suspects what I do as an obsessive hobby. :laughtwo: Sad to say, I have no social life and therefore no need to share. I'll have to change that.

Back
Top Bottom